Gary Madine still has future at Sheffield Wednesday says Stuart Gray

post-4683-0-04731400-1418984020.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday boss Stuart Gray insists Gary Madine still has a future at Hillsborough but remains surplus to requirements for the time being.

The striker is currently on loan with the Sky Blues who want to make him a permanent signing in the January transfer window.

He is out of contract with the Owls in the summer and, asked if he still has a future at Wednesday, Gray said: “Of course he does. He’s a Sheffield Wednesday player on loan at Coventry City. It is the same as we’ve got Lewis McGugan and Royston Drenthe but they are Watford and Reading’s players.”

Gray has not spoken to Coventry since Madine’s loan was extended for a second month.

“Gary is enjoying his football and he’s getting up to match sharpness,” said Gray.

“We’ve got a 24 hour recall but at the moment, I feel personally we don’t need him in the building and he’s better off playing for Coventry and getting his match sharpness.”

Asked would Wednesday want a fee from Coventry for Madine, he added: “That’s out of my hands. The most important thing is Gary is playing football. That would be a decision for the people upstairs to make.”

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-loan-star-gary-8313229

Owlstalk Shop

He's not going to say we would be glad to get rid of him even if that is/was the case.

It's a negotiating position.... he's our player, if you want him how much are you prepared to pay.

That's why it's wrong for players to publicize their desire to move. They still owe allegiance to the club they are contracted to until they are signed by someone else. Madine only thinks of himself.

Strange comment

lol

Exactly.

I'd say we need all our strikers "in the building" fighting for a place, including Madine.

What was the point in waiting for him to come back from his jail sentence only to freeze him out and not really give him a chance.  I get that he needed games etc, he's had them now. Get him back and in the squad.

He's not going to say we would be glad to get rid of him even if that is/was the case.

It's a negotiating position.... he's our player, if you want him how much are you prepared to pay.

That's why it's wrong for players to publicize their desire to move. They still owe allegiance to the club they are contracted to until they are signed by someone else. Madine only thinks of himself.

To be fair, wouldn't we all think of ourselves. It's a short career. And lets be reyt - he's probably telling the truth with the "Wednesday don't want me " comment.

Would not expect Gray to say anything else when he is still under contract here.

Think they has been a clash of personalities between Gray and Madine. You do not loan out a striker when we are low on numbers and find it hard to score goals. 

Agree with this although Im not sure how many goals Madine would actually add at this level?

Its clear he isn't wanted at Hillsborough.

Madine is a very lucky  young man, the club gave him another chance but he is his own worst enemy , if he had something between his ears he may have improved. Time to move on we need better someone who will score reguarly at this level..

Get any money for him will be a bonus.

Gray is clearly a top bloke and willing to give most people a chance. Numerous players have said how good a guy he is with everyone in the squad.

Yet Madine isn't "wanted in the building" despite our lack of goals and striking options.

I think it says more about madine than it does Gray. I think he's spat the dummy out rather than trying to fight for his place.