Atmosphere at S6

Guest George Smith

I'm up for this

A couple of points though, we need to go into this without any agendas. Everyone needs to be included and everyone's opinions respected, this includes the band.

We shouldn't be going into this with any criticism of anyone or any group....again, I include the band in this.

We need to lobby for the best ideas to put forward and discuss with the club and attempt to find a workable solution to this. Hopefully this way we can set up regular dialogue with the club, and any other party.

I'm up for this

A couple of points though, we need to go into this without any agendas. Everyone needs to be included and everyone's opinions respected, this includes the band.

We shouldn't be going into this with any criticism of anyone or any group....again, I include the band in this.

We need to lobby for the best ideas to put forward and discuss with the club and attempt to find a workable solution to this. Hopefully this way we can set up regular dialogue with the club, and any other party.

Count me out then lol

All joking aside,there has been criticism of the band on here for a while, I'll hold my hand up and admit that I've been a culprit too. The fact is that many fans like the band and to be fair they're not going anywhere. Everyone's opinion should be respected so that should include the band and the people who like them. If were going to make a difference we have to do it together...and hand on heart I think we can.

All joking aside,there has been criticism of the band on here for a while, I'll hold my hand up and admit that I've been a culprit too. The fact is that many fans like the band and to be fair they're not going anywhere. Everyone's opinion should be respected so that should include the band and the people who like them. If were going to make a difference we have to do it together...and hand on heart I think we can.

tumblr_ms79drPzsG1r2r773o1_250.gif

Guest George Smith

That's better :)

I think if 4 or 5 of us go it'll hopefully give John and whoever else is there a good cross section of wednesdayites

Inviting the band (John H) ! Yeah I think so - I've spoken to John many times before both in person and online and he's a decent guy. It would be good to get his views and what he feels The Band contribute on match days !!!

Okay so we've got 5 or 6 that want to go. I reckon we could do with meeting up for a pint before to discuss what we all want out of this

Maybe in the New Year

Think best way to improve the atmosphere is by the team playing well and winning games.

Crowds up and down the country are the same.

Also I think some people look back with rose tinted glasses on atmosphere at Football games. Was not all passionate cracking atmospheres every game at all. Was many a dull game where the atmosphere was quiet just like dull games today. 

Think best way to improve the atmosphere is by the team playing well and winning games.

Also I think some people look back with rose tinted glasses on atmosphere at Football games. Was not all passionate cracking atmospheres every game at all. Was many a dull game where the atmosphere was quiet just like dull games today.

Palace are sheet (relatively). But they have one of the best atmospheres in the country. Same with Millwall

Yes I think you are right that Palace have a reputation for a good atmosphere while in the Premier League but seems slightly manufactured to me with the flags but good luck to them. Whenever I have seen Wednesday play there it has been ok but nothing remarkable. Millwall is ok but never found it that hostile. I suppose sometimes it is hard to get a real cracking atmosphere going when stadium is 50% of capacity. 

Palace are sheet (relatively). But they have one of the best atmospheres in the country. Same with Millwall

Palace is more down to where their 'singing section' is located. I believe they went as far as measuring the acoustics around the ground. It works for them and more fans bought into it - would it happen at Hillsborough? I doubt it. The North stand is as good as it gets for us - which is pretty loud when we have a big crowd.

The Kop isn't ideal for a 'singing section'. The noise just drifts out of the open sides, or the band play over it.

Yes I think you are right that Palace have a reputation for a good atmosphere while in the Premier League but seems slightly manufactured to me with the flags but good luck to them. Whenever I have seen Wednesday play there it has been ok but nothing remarkable. Millwall is ok but never found it that hostile. I suppose sometimes it is hard to get a real cracking atmosphere going when stadium is 50% of capacity.

Well yeah, where do you think they get them from in Europe?

They're loud in the PL. Probably the loudest when they're in the Championship and I don't find Millwall hostile. I find it loud, though

I don't like the band..I'll be honest..it sounds tinpot....when there is nowt much to shout about and the band pipes up..rather than adding owt...it just seems to highlight the fact that no buggers singin'.

I would honestly like to know if they pay to go in...If they do..I suppose fair enough..If they actually don't..take it to yer Grandads garage TBH.

Wolves game, Those lads that start songs off at the back of the Kop, started  the "Olay Olay" wotsit...The band immediately started it again in a key of their own liking...thats just f.ookin' rude in my opinion...they do that sort of thing regular...because they seem to believe it all starts and ends with them..otherwise,surely, they would just keep f.ookin' quiet and let the song take its natural course..

Oh and summatt else...pretty insidious...

you know the age old

" clap clap ..clapclapclap..clapclapclapclap WEDNESDAY!!!!...chant...The drummer put an extra beat in Satday...Oh I f.ookin' noticed...

It went 

"Clap clap  clapclapclapclap...see the difference...its f.ookin' blasphemic..

Guest George Smith

Palace is more down to where their 'singing section' is located. I believe they went as far as measuring the acoustics around the ground. It works for them and more fans bought into it - would it happen at Hillsborough? I doubt it. The North stand is as good as it gets for us - which is pretty loud when we have a big crowd.

The Kop isn't ideal for a 'singing section'. The noise just drifts out of the open sides, or the band play over it.

Palace's ground isn't enclosed. It's the same as ours

It's down to the fans. 

ALL we need is 100 fans singing non stop as loud as they can 

That's all the Palace have and they've been credited with playing a major part in pushing Palace into the premier league

Guest George Smith

NO !! No musical instruments allowed ! 

Just bring ur drum

Can that be the title of our proposal to the club....?

'NO BRASS' Might be more apt for us 

Guest George Smith

Got to disagree with this 

Crowds up and down the country aren't the same

Palace sing all match even when they go behind in a match they are the only fans you can hear - Often out singing the team that are beating them 2 or 3 nil

They don't sit there and moan they get behind their team

Man Utd have a singing section at Old Trafford. They can be heard all match  - It was asked for by the fans who were fed up of matches with no atmosphere

Swansea - Non stop win or lose

Leicester - NON STOP - Driven by that fat bloke with the drum

Derby - Losing to Chelsea 3-1 but still sang all match

Could give more evidence but you know what im saying

It's time we stopped moaning and thinking of reasons why we can't do something about the atmosphere and got off our backsides and pushed our club up the league with pure passion