It's time for the chairman to step up

Guest JonTheOwl66

I actually remember wen we got promoted he said we won't be in the championship more than 3 years maybe he knew something even back then

Did he? Interesting if so...

Agree with others I just hope we are still up there come Jan, and think barring injuries to key players we can be. Then we will see if he's ambitious to really push the boat out on a few players to make the difference.

I agree with you. He's also proved he's willing to do it previously (Marshall, Antonio, Fryatt, Wickham, etc.) T

Thats true, Milan always seems much more willing to stump up the money for players he's seen play for us on loan.

That doesn't leave many options atm unfortunately, barring Drenthe if he has a good time here. Or maybe we'll pick up a few loans as the season goes on.

Why do some people get so offended when others suggest MM should spend some proper coin?

No idea.

It's taken investment to get us to this position, and it'll take further investment to sustain it.

Guest Big Guns

It's now or never for Milan this is the chance for him to dig into his pockets and get the quality needed to get us up

Milan could go down in history as a Wednesday legend if he shows sum ambition

Guest Blinking owl

Why should he spend his own money. ..you make me laugh. ...it's a business. ..and he's running it in a business way. ..The business has to pay it's own way and generate its own capital to progress. .and slowly but surely it will grow and get stronger. ....patience is needed. ..simple as that. ..wawaw

Why should he spend his own money. ..you make me laugh. ...it's a business. ..and he's running it in a business way. ..The business has to pay it's own way and generate its own capital to progress. .and slowly but surely it will grow and get stronger. ....patience is needed. ..simple as that. ..wawaw

it's not quite as simple as that but i agree to a certain extent.

I agree with Jon to some extent. If we went out and got a quality central midfielder and quality wide man, who would be first choice not back up, then I think we'd be genuine contenders. As it stands we are relying on our defence keeping us in games and trying to nick a goal or two. We are missing some real creativity but we are doing excellently as it is so Milan will be standing pat.

We've already got 15 points so I'm delighted.

To a degree yes but we are not generating any capital are we baring in mind we are losing 3-5 million a year.

Take today for instance, an extra 10000 fans attended, that generated an extra £100000 (ISH) as we would have been lucky to pull 20000 if it wasn't for the £10 ticket price. On top of that an extra £20000-£50000 would have been generated in food/drink sales etc. All the extra programme sales and then no doubt a lot of youngsters attending for the first time, more kit sales etc. All in all we probably generated an extra £175000 or so just because of 1 game being discounted.

Now if we had a decent commercial and marketing team, there is no reason why we could not generate an extra £100000-£150000 a home game. Over the course of a season that can be anywhere between 2.5m and near on 4.0m. That's your extra transfer kitty sorted.

Basically what I am trying to say is, it is a complete shambles which needs a complete overhaul. It is shocking that we can only generate around 20-22k a home match, we have a MASSIVE fan base and its not being utilised or thought about often enough.

Good results and solid performances will put extra bums on seats but to get to where the real money is we need to be in the top flight. To do that MM is either going to have to sell us or put some funds into the club. Now is the right time to take a gamble on 2-3 quality Premier League loans, we have shown we can mix it up with the best in this league!

Edited by WayneTheOwl

Be interesting to see what happens should we still be up there at Xmas time.

Squad still needs a bit more depth, particularly in midfield and up top.

Early days yet, but we are showing that you can be doing pretty well with a prudent approach.

Defo agree with this fella. If we are still in this place come jan I reckon he may think about investing a little more as taking the gamble.

Rare that we have a squad with no deadwood. This is key, big competition for places and with the start we have made no one in the 1st X1 is giving their place up without a fight.

However, to push on and succeed further more quality is required in certain areas.

1. Creative central midfielder - keiran Lee is the closest we have (maybe Darron Gibson loan ?)

2. Striker - Nuhiu has been superb BUT again to push again at the top of the league you need more quality with a bit more pace and finishing ability at times. Who knows what may be available from the prem but a quality loan deal could really make us dangerous with the others around him in the line up.

Maybe we brought 2 in then Madine , McCabe and Corry would be loaned out to benefit themselves getting important 1st team football on a regular basis.

Guest Blinking owl

I know it would be nice to throw a bit of money about. ...but we are building something good and it takes time. ...fans are impatient these days. ...but we have come along way in three years. ....We can't go back to those bad days. ..gray and mm seem to have a good relationship that's important. ..mm trusts gray and will back him. .but we are looking for players we can develop and that takes time and patience. ..it's just so good at present to see a team fighting for the cause. ..We not world beaters but we all feel a part of the club again and that is MASSIVE....WAWAW

To a degree yes but we are not generating any capital are we baring in mind we are losing 3-5 million a year.

Take today for instance, an extra 10000 fans attended, that generated an extra £100000 (ISH) as we would have been lucky to pull 20000 if it wasn't for the £10 ticket price. On top of that an extra £20000-£50000 would have been generated in food/drink sales etc. All the extra programme sales and then no doubt a lot of youngsters attending for the first time, more kit sales etc. All in all we probably generated an extra £175000 or so just because of 1 game being discounted.

Now if we had a decent commercial and marketing team, there is no reason why we could not generate an extra £100000-£150000 a home game. Over the course of a season that can be anywhere between 2.5m and near on 4.0m. That's your extra transfer kitty sorted.

Basically what I am trying to say is, it is a complete shambles which needs a complete overhaul. It is shocking that we can only generate around 20-22k a home match, we have a MASSIVE fan base and its not being utilised or thought about often enough.

Good results and solid performances will put extra bums on seats but to get to where the real money is we need to be in the top flight. To do that MM is either going to have to sell us or put some funds into the club. Now is the right time to take a gamble on 2-3 quality Premier League loans, we have shown we can mix it up with the best in this league!

This is a flawed argument. You can't pull in another 10000 to get the extra revenue by charging a tenner every game. Who's going to buy a season ticket if you do that?

Guest JonTheOwl66

This isn't a business.

This is a flawed argument. You can't pull in another 10000 to get the extra revenue by charging a tenner every game. Who's going to buy a season ticket if you do that?

We need ways of fetching extra money in agree what you say,How about we buy some land build a multi level car park,we all know what a bind it is to park car near the ground now .IF we get into the premier it,s going to be a nightmare parking,There could be a smaller fee for season ticket holders or a season ticket to park on match days.After the initial cost of building the car park and buying the land we could then having revenue every season 2500 cars at £4 = £10000 =£2,300,000 in premier £1,900,000 .How long would it take for initial outlay to be brought back in .10 yrs in premier would bring in £20,000,000 with increases on parking etc.

We don't have enough quality cover in the fullback and wide positions at the moment.

Mattock, Palmer, Buxton, Helan, I doubt many teams have 4 options as strong as that in this division to be honest, full back isn't a problem

A bit of cover in wide areas as you say is needed, but the main priority is strengthening a central midfield area that is utterly bereft of creativity, Semedo was excellent in the role of Semedo yesterday, but whoever plays alongside him needs to get out of his pocket and make things happen