Idea of football in general

To stop diving and messing about time wasting by pretending you are injured I'd like to propose a new rule where if you go down injured you have to go off for the rest of the match

You can't be subbed

You are essentially 'sent off - injured' and can't come back on

I bet there'd be less people going down on the floor then innit

I'm a genius

Thank you very much

*takes a bow for solving world football issues again*

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox

You'd end up with players intentionally trying to hurt each other in 50-50 challenges to gain a numerical advantage. Players would also be taken out of play for a knock they might be able to run off after a few minutes. Any proposed solution has pitfalls.

For one week all that needs to be done is look over every match and every player that goes down without being touched or play acting is banned for ten matches . Then tell all clubs that if they dont reel play acting cheats in they will do it every week and will have no problem making a club not have enough players to hold a match . Plus fine the cr@p out of the clubs . Clubs would soon buck up and tell these falling leaves of players to act like men .

Is it me, or does anyone else think that ONE thing that FIFA have got right for once is the idea of Ref's marking out the place of the ball for free kicks around the penalty area and for spraying a line for the defenders to stand behind. There seems to have been little of the sight of players refusing to retreat the required 10 yards, and pushing and shoving of the Ref atb free kicks. Maybe its because they are international players and as such obey the rules more easily than Championship players.

Another one would be the idea that a player being substituted should go to the touch line WHILST PLAY CARRIES ON, and his sub not to be allowed on until he is in the dugout.

Aparently the white line marking have been in brazil and argentina for ages . The british f.a. are monitoring it to see its effectiveness . Typical of the self important heirarchy . It works bring it in . I suppose you cant make money like that though as the f.a. will have to have loads of meetings in high class places , all paid for , before they decide it works .

A better approach would be to let the game continue whilst the "injured" player is being tended by the physio, as in rugby. The opposition could either take advantage of the numerical advantage (feigning players would soon get up) or accidentally mis-hit a series of passes that accidentally hit the injured player and/or physio (again, feigning players would soon get up).

A better approach would be to let the game continue whilst the "injured" player is being tended by the physio, as in rugby. The opposition could either take advantage of the numerical advantage (feigning players would soon get up) or accidentally mis-hit a series of passes that accidentally hit the injured player and/or physio (again, feigning players would soon get up).

That is the sanest thing that's been said on here for weeks( my contributions apart :biggrin: ). So many times I've thought the same thing, but then again FIFA just love to make any small incident into a big bloody drama.

most players are pVssies nowadays any way , if they dive send the buggers off ,end of diving ,

I remember england playing italy years ago . Everyone took the mickey out of the italians for hitting the floor more times than they kick a ball . Now look at english footie , you cant even say that they play like girls because women footie players dont behave like the wuss male players . Players used to ride a tackle , stay on their feet and wouldnt want tbe opposition to know theyd hurt them . Now goalies drop the ball so must have been fouled and outfield players act like three year olds trying to get sympathy and some sweets off their mum .

Edited by cross owl

I remember england playing italy years ago . Everyone took the mickey out of the italians for hitting the floor more times than they kick a ball . Now look at english footie , you cant even say that they play like girls because women footie players dont behave like the wuss male players . Players used to ride a tackle , stay on their feet and wouldnt want tbe opposition to know theyd hurt them . Now goalies drop the ball so must have been fouled and outfield players act like three year olds trying to get sympathy and some sweets off their mum .

Ah but you're missing the point, the top flight game in England today is about entertainment, if it was just about footie the leading "stars" wouldn't get paid half as much (or need feckin agents !)...