Gary Madine

Really think a lot of people over rated macca, Burton and tudgay were better players imo, but madine does look to have potential to be best for many a year!

Indeed, he looks the real deal.

He's already a more developed player than Brunt/Whelan when they were at that age for us.

He's on a long term contract, is only going to get better, and when he does we're now in a strong bargaining position when the bigger clubs inevitably start sniffing around in a few years. He could potentially be worth a hell of a lot of money to us in the coming years, my guess is that we'll receive a club record transfer fee for him in time, though hopefully we'll be in the prem by then.

Still overrated though a good league 1 striker at his best.

How was he over rated?

He was a good league 1 player

In a league one team

Therefore he was good for us and actually achieved something that strikers at hillsbro dont achieve very often - goals

If madine can get 20 next season I will be happy. And no doubt be accused of over rating him

Maclean was an instinctive striker who did well with his back to goal. I wonder how many thought he was crap when he scored that pen at cardiff.

He managed to get goals in the championship too, but I felt that the leg break and subsequent injuries for cardiff and plymouth hampered him and made him even slower!

Madine looks to have a great touch, good in the air and good finisher, doing what tudgay did when he was interested. Glad to see he's got off to a good start, I was pleased when we signed him, reminded me of carroll, some were skeptical but I think we can all see the true potential now, not just in his goals but his all around team play.