Gary Madine

Guest Darkus Owlus

Harsh comments towards maclean. First 20 goal man in donkeys years.

Burton didn't manage 20 in league 1, tudgay couldn't manage 10.

Still overrated though a good league 1 striker at his best.

He was a good striker full stop until he broke his leg pre season.

Even after that we would have kept him, but he fell out with some big cheese in the board room - don't know how or why, but he refused to sign a new contract after an argument with someone at director level.

Would I have Macca back now? No, but he deserved his bonus for hitting 20 goals that season, and deserves a bit more credit for his time here. Too many freeloaders in the past belitle what credit good honest hard working players we have had get.

BTW I wonder if Madine will fulfill promise, or become a player more akin to Andy Booth.

I remember Andy Booth was brilliant alongside a canny player like Starbuck for Huddersfield, but he always struggled at Hillsborough when he was paired with a big name, he only really thrived when he was paired with a lesser name or a striker of smaler stature.

Guest JonTheOwl66

What a well put argument

Well he was..? Just because he scored 20 goals in League one doesn't make him a great player.. Especially since he scored about 15 penalties and the rest were tap-ins.

Nice man, crap player.

Guest the fridge

Well he was..? Just because he scored 20 goals in League one doesn't make him a great player.. Especially since he scored about 15 penalties and the rest were tap-ins.

Nice man, crap player.

why was he a nice man didnt no him me sen but them jocks are in general not very nice.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Nice man, crap player.

Would you say the same about Bullen?

Edited by Darkus Owlus

MacLean was crap.

you're crap!

try watching a game for a change before making an opinion! thrower!

try changing your name to "jontheparttimeowl66" eh? Makes lots of posts in a short time on a forum but doesn't go to a game.

Edited by salmonbones

Guest the fridge

you're crap!

try watching a game for a change before making an opinion! thrower!

try changing your name to "jontheparttimeowl66" eh? Makes lots of posts in a short time on a forum but doesn't go to a game.

are you one of them who if people dont agree with you ,you start name calling ,but dont like it given back ,i will have to watch out 4 you ,mcclean was crap and i havnt missed a home game in 15 years.

Nice man, crap player.

Garbage.

You need to have a think about the level we're at, and how much we'd love a 20-goal a season striker now. In fact, who was the last person before him to do it - Mark Bright? In which case in the past 16 years or so we've had one person to score 20 goals.

I started writing then an argument about goals scored as penalties, but it was that simplistic, I couldn't be arsed to give you the satisfaction.

Guest the fridge

Garbage.

You need to have a think about the level we're at, and how much we'd love a 20-goal a season striker now. In fact, who was the last person before him to do it - Mark Bright? In which case in the past 16 years or so we've had one person to score 20 goals.

I started writing then an argument about goals scored as penalties, but it was that simplistic, I couldn't be arsed to give you the satisfaction.

all that tellls me is since brighty all our strikers havnt been that good ,not including the italians of course.

Guest the fridge

Are you even fifteen years old?

yep are you stalking me or summat your doing my nut in ,im between 30 and 40 not telling exact age.

Nice man, crap player.

Never said he was a great player

He was good in league 1, which is where we were when he had his best season for us. Therefore he was a good player for us

And as for that horse poo about them bein pens and tap ins- I don't care if a player scored 20 in a season off his Arse, he would have still done a good job

Btw who gives a crap whether he was a nice bloke or not. Irrelevant