New BBC Football site.

On 25/04/2024 at 06:55, steelerian said:

Its been terrible for ages. Just full of their agenda to promote ladies football. Second only to sky sports news and all their agendas.

And this is one of the reasons why I barely come on here. Thanks for reminding me. WAWAW doesn’t apply to women, I guess?

Men act like they’re being forced to watch women’s football. You’re not. Grow up. And watch GB News if the BBC is too woke for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, FightLikeAGirl said:

And this is one of the reasons why I barely come on here. Thanks for reminding me. WAWAW doesn’t apply to women, I guess?

Men act like they’re being forced to watch women’s football. You’re not. Grow up. And watch GB News if the BBC is too woke for you.

hahahahahahaha

On 24/04/2024 at 23:37, Utah Owl said:

Nothing wrong with covering the ladies game, however I do object to it taking precedence over the men's leagues (other than the Premier, quelle bloody surprise!).

why?

The men's game is streets ahead in terms of attendance, revenues and general interest, therefore for that reason it should take precedence, just the same as the EPL takes preference over the Championship, then League 1 for the same reasons.

When the ladies game becomes more popular with bigger attendances, revenues etc. than say the Championship, then it should rightly attract more media attention than the Championship, what do you think?

See the link below for average attendances and bear in mind it's much cheaper to watch:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/womens-super-league/attendances

Arsenal excepted their crowds are about the same as middling League 1 clubs at a mere fraction of the cost.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/how-much-do-womens-super-league-tickets-cost

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 1

On 27/04/2024 at 18:19, FightLikeAGirl said:

He's the sites Village Idiot. Ignore him...

BBC is an absolute shambles!

“Seven minutes before half time, Kyle Bartley thought he had levelled for the Baggies, but his header from a corner, destined for the back of the net, hit Wallace and was then cleared.”

actually the header was clearly going well wide! Anyone thinking it was destined for the net clearly wasn’t watching the game or even the highlights 🤷‍♂️ 

it’s about time everyone had the option not to pay for a tv licence and skip the incompetent bbc

On 26/04/2024 at 03:31, Mr. Tom said:

them were t’days :duntmatter:

You can imagine the same people in 1981 writing a telegram to the BBC complaining about the threpence license fee to pay Jimmy Hills wages over the introduction of 3 points for a win 

On 28/04/2024 at 21:06, Utah Owl said:

The men's game is streets ahead in terms of attendance, revenues and general interest, therefore for that reason it should take precedence, just the same as the EPL takes preference over the Championship, then League 1 for the same reasons.

When the ladies game becomes more popular with bigger attendances, revenues etc. than say the Championship, then it should rightly attract more media attention than the Championship, what do you think?

See the link below for average attendances and bear in mind it's much cheaper to watch:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/womens-super-league/attendances

Arsenal excepted their crowds are about the same as middling League 1 clubs at a mere fraction of the cost.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/how-much-do-womens-super-league-tickets-cost

Absolute bullish!t to base it on attendances and interest. 

if that was the case we should only show the top 4 or 5 teams in the premier league and not bother with cricket either when you look at attendances at county matches. 

women’s football was destroyed by the FA because they were afraid of the competition and banned them from football grounds. 
looking at the women’s game compared to where they were a few years ago and if they stay on that curve for a while then who knows where they will be in terms of public viewing figures. 
sad that to the way the men’s game is funded compared to the women’s game and it is unfair competition 

• Love 1

39 minutes ago, Señor Sam said:

Have they removed comments section from all leagues except Premiership ?

I wonder if they're only including The Premier League because there might be too much gloating at L**ds and the Blue Noses? Drat!!