The West Brom Match -- Some Mathematical Certainties

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

So it's a 'must win' match. @DSandersonOWL

It may be a 'mwg' such challenges do occur, but a glance at the table suggests otherwise. 

Just because something is nicely presented that does not make it right. Being back in the relegation zone next Saturday evening does not mean that we will be relegated, and two of his conclusions refer to that, whilst the 40% figure appears totally based on his imagination, and is already being challenged. 

A draw or a loss would certainly mean that Sunderland was a 'mwg'. I have thought for some weeks that it could easily go to the last game and some of DR's comments lean in that direction. We will see. 

Hope this helps. I try not to fall for the doomsters, maybe you could try that approach. 

Today's win was of course brilliant especially after yesterday's results.

4 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Best case scenario is we are 3 clear going into Sunderland.

Worst case is we are 2 behind.

Today was must win, and we did.

Is a shame Hudders and Brum are playing each other and that a loss sends us back in.

Another nervous game coming up!

Unbeaten in 4 however.

A brilliant win today even if was not a 'mwg'.

After today's win a glance at the table shows that the WBA game is not a 'mwg'.

But if we do not win then Sunderland would become a 'mwg'. 

It's grate that Udders & Brum are playing each other as they cannot both win. 

Back in the relegation zone next Saturday evening is not a disaster, it would just feel bad.

The opening poster seems to need reminding that it is the table at the end of season that counts. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

It may be a 'mwg' such challenges do occur, but a glance at the table suggests otherwise. 

Just because something is nicely presented that does not make it right. Being back in the relegation zone next Saturday evening does not mean that we will be relegated, and two of his conclusions refer to that, whilst the 40% figure appears totally based on his imagination, and is already being challenged. 

A draw or a loss would certainly mean that Sunderland was a 'mwg'. I have thought for some weeks that it could easily go to the last game and some of DR's comments lean in that direction. We will see. 

Hope this helps. I try not to fall for the doomsters, maybe you could try that approach. 

Today's win was of course brilliant especially after yesterday's results.

Indeed. Great to bag one of the 'must win' matches...

13 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Indeed. Great to bag one of the 'must win' matches...

The irony is that if we carry on winning games that are not 'mwg' then we may never get to a real 'mwg' even if it could well go to the wire at Sunderland. 

Too much panic and catastrophic thinking on here, but I can understand people getting nervy as it is such an exciting end of season.  

11 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Best case scenario is we are 3 clear going into Sunderland.

Worst case is we are 2 behind.

Today was must win, and we did.

Is a shame Hudders and Brum are playing each other and that a loss sends us back in.

Another nervous game coming up!

Unbeaten in 4 however.

I think it’s good they’re playing each other. Takes away a scenario where they both win!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

The irony is that if we carry on winning games that are not 'mwg' then we may never get to a real 'mwg' even if it could well go to the wire at Sunderland. 

Too much panic and catastrophic thinking on here, but I can understand people getting nervy as it is such an exciting end of season.  

I'm glad you understand...

18 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Sure it is exciting but I'm sh!tting my pants (and it's only Monday). My guts are doing cartwheels and I wish it was Saturday (and we are 2 up with 10 mins to go) - Then, and only then, I will relax.

1 hour ago, Cammy said:

Sure it is exciting but I'm sh!tting my pants (and it's only Monday). My guts are doing cartwheels and I wish it was Saturday (and we are 2 up with 10 mins to go) - Then, and only then, I will relax.

i minute to go maybe, but not 10

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cammy said:

2 nil up and still ten minutes to go and you’re relaxed??

How long have you been following this great club? WTF:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maidstoneowl said:

Can anyone go back an change that capitulation against 'Uddersfield to a Wednesday win?  I know a season is 46 games long, but what the hell happened in that match?

Even a draw. 

They'd be 6 points behind us now and we'd be 2 points above Brum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maidstoneowl said:

12 minutes of madness

Screenshot_20240422_190518_ChromeBeta.jpg.785977b84308e629744dd08316bb958a.jpg

Thought we were as good as down that day coming back on the train..... how wrong was i. 

• Like 1

Guys - from another post..... AGAIN!!!! 

IF Huddersfield beat Brum...... 

+ WE WIN WBA...a fellow Owl did this.. 

Huddersfield last game is at Ipswich! 

Enough said buds.....believe!!!! 

image.png.27e10c32dc8688cb865aca3da915b147.png

It might not be a must win game, but let us try and beat West Bromwich Albion to put us in the best position possible. 

We don't want to rely on other teams not doing well.  Let's focus on ourselves and try control our own destiny.