Marvin Johnson

1 minute ago, debram said:

Another one looking to his future not with the owls

What do we expect when the Chairman refuses to negotiate new contracts with our players?

This is what our captain (and one of our most loyal players ever) had to say about it:

"I've not heard anything," Bannan says. "I think it's just a case of knuckling down for these last six games and what will be, will be.

"I think as a club we need to learn from this and make sure it doesn't happen because it's happened the last few seasons now. It's not a good situation."

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Watched back and i can't see a foul, but no excuses but referring at this level is appalling and so inconsistent.

Today’s ref was from the Premier League and I honestly don’t think that they know what is and what isn’t a foul. So many fouls given today simply because a player went to ground off the back of a good tackle or a 50/50 challenge. Our goal came off the back of a free kick awarded to us that wasn’t even a flippin foul! Sadly the rules of the game have been tinkered with that much that the refs simply don’t know what to give half of the time!

16 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

What do we expect when the Chairman refuses to negotiate new contracts with our players?

This is what our captain (and one of our most loyal players ever) had to say about it:

"I've not heard anything," Bannan says. "I think it's just a case of knuckling down for these last six games and what will be, will be.

"I think as a club we need to learn from this and make sure it doesn't happen because it's happened the last few seasons now. It's not a good situation."

We will never “learn” from anything whilst ever Dejphon Chansiri is the owner of this football club.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Snelldog said:

He’s a total ringpiece. Hope he never plays for us again.  

We'll have no one worthy of a place next game, judging by the knee jerk reactions on here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, victorturner said:

Was surprised he was suddenly recalled. 

i would hope the manager had been planning since the last game that he was going to be in the team if available .....to just recall someone suddenly  seems a bit panic stations to me .

we're in a dogfight to save our skins from relegation......this man is not what we need....cant wait till he f***s off...good riddance of a non committed player who thinks he's better than he is.....the man should not play for us again.

• Haha 1

I was surprised to see Marv start v Stoke. Right now.... we need players who we know will give 110% for swfc. 

Palmer - Bannan - Pato - Vaulks etc 

Marv has been "off" for past 5 games. 

He "was" better with Home games. 

Deffo leave him out at Blackburn!! 

Blood. Sweat. Guts. Passion. Energy. 

Marv ain't got that and certainly hasn't at the moment!!!! 

19 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Don’t think he did much wrong to be honest. 

Think the criticism of him and Windass is a bit over the top to be honest. 

I do think teams are keeping a closer eye on him though and preventing him linking up with Bannan.

Agree, our fan base always want someone to criticise. Yes, he’s not roberto Carlos in his prime but if he was he wouldn’t be turning out in a championship relegation battle. And even if he was roberto Carlos, there’d be some numpties moaning about him!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

When he’s interested he’s still our best left sided player.

I wouldn’t say he was uninterested today but seemed unfit and knackered after 60 mins.

Exactly, he’s been ill for a week so it wasn’t unexpected 

Edited by Bramhall Owl

19 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Today’s ref was from the Premier League and I honestly don’t think that they know what is and what isn’t a foul. So many fouls given today simply because a player went to ground off the back of a good tackle or a 50/50 challenge. Our goal came off the back of a free kick awarded to us that wasn’t even a flippin foul! Sadly the rules of the game have been tinkered with that much that the refs simply don’t know what to give half of the time!

He's never reffed a Premier League game in his life. 

229 Championship games and never made the step up, unlike Rebecca Welch who got fast tracked to PL games "for some reason" after a dozen Champ games.