1 hour ago, Bluesteel. said:

I’m not convinced it means the end of DC as the club can operate based on fan income more comfortably at that level than it can in the Championship. The issue is if he doesn’t have any ambition but doesn’t want to sell we can get stuck like a few other former premier league sides. The infighting over the summer could have a big impact on that but we do at least have some players to build a side around if there is still some impetus. In recent times when we’ve gone down the fans have rallied but it feels different this time.

Totally agree. I can’t understand why he wants to remain in the game at all, but it might simply be he wants out but wants a crazy amount of money in order to go.  

3 minutes ago, Django said:

No getting away from it, it’s a horrendous league and I won’t be going 

If we’re winning and go up as champs it’s ok.  But it’s hard to get excited about it when you should win most matches.  

L1 is two leagues really. The teams in the top ten typically smash the teams at the bottom, especially at home. So the end of the season really comes down to who slips up away from home in the FGR type nightmares. 

In terms of players in contract the likes of Valentin, Diaby, Ihiekwe (I’m not sure on his contract) Musaba, Gassama (if they stay) Cademarteri Paterson and Smith would all be reasonably effective at that level with some of the youth team like Phuti able to step up too. In that regard I think we’d have a better squad going down this time than last time. There is always the opportunity to dust down and build a team as Sunderland and Ipswich had a few years down there but came back. There needs to be a driver somewhere though and that’s what would be uncertain. Bannan might stay and help with that, Röhl is likely under contract and depends if someone pays for him before he can leave even if he wants to or isn’t sacked over some kind of “disagreement” but I think it’s the uncertainty over the running of the club which is more of an issue than L1 itself as if there was the option of a complete refresh at that level from the top down I reckon most would take it. I just don’t think it happens as L1 is cheaper to operate in.

• Like 3

Röhl will go in the summer - to a decent Chanp side with aspirations and probably do well.  He is clearly a good coach and deserves a lot better.

We’ll get another manager in the cheap, make a few low level signing later and battle away again against the like of Wrexham etc.  

DC will be happy as it will all be cheap and the noise will die down

It’s Groundhog Day basically

..can’t wait.

IMG_9355.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Röhl will go in the summer - to a decent Chanp side with aspirations and probably do well.  He is clearly a good coach and deserves a lot better.

We’ll get another manager in the cheap, make a few low level signing later and battle away again against the like of Wrexham etc.  

DC will be happy as it will all be cheap and the noise will die down

It’s Groundhog Day basically

..can’t wait.

IMG_9355.gif

100%. There’s enough movement in the manager merry go round that he’ll be picked up.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

L1 is two leagues really. The teams in the top ten typically smash the teams at the bottom, especially at home. So the end of the season really comes down to who slips up away from home in the FGR type nightmares. 

In terms of players in contract the likes of Valentin, Diaby, Ihiekwe (I’m not sure on his contract) Musaba, Gassama (if they stay) Cademarteri Paterson and Smith would all be reasonably effective at that level with some of the youth team like Phuti able to step up too. In that regard I think we’d have a better squad going down this time than last time. There is always the opportunity to dust down and build a team as Sunderland and Ipswich had a few years down there but came back. There needs to be a driver somewhere though and that’s what would be uncertain. Bannan might stay and help with that, Röhl is likely under contract and depends if someone pays for him before he can leave even if he wants to or isn’t sacked over some kind of “disagreement” but I think it’s the uncertainty over the running of the club which is more of an issue than L1 itself as if there was the option of a complete refresh at that level from the top down I reckon most would take it. I just don’t think it happens as L1 is cheaper to operate in.

Absolutely right and that’s probably what makes L1 so boring - you either win as expected (no fun) or get unexpectedly beaten (traumatic) making it poo

• Like 4

Horrible league ain't going to lie, I really can't stomach another season in it should we fail this season. 

There's not one redeeming feature in this league I swear. It's literally the cesspool for our clubs it's bottom of the barrel stuff, winning promotion would be sheer relief and not wanting to go through it again. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sparkwell76 said:

Absolutely right and that’s probably what makes L1 so boring - you either win as expected (no fun) or get unexpectedly beaten (traumatic) making it poo

Nailed it.

It's just a year (or 2) of our football supporting lives we won't get back.

Just makes for a crap weekend, beyond the regular family stuff, cinema trip or seeing friends.  

Looking at the potential fixtures, there is not a single one I will (genuinely) look forward to.  Not one.

• Like 4

As always next season will be tough, 2 (or 3) of Derby/Bolton/Posh/Barnsley will still be there, then throw in Lincoln/Oxford/Blackpool who are always around the playoffs then Charlton under Nathan Jones who I think will be looking at going up as champions.

Then add Stockport/Wrexham/Mansfield not going to be easy

3 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

Nailed it.

It's just a year (or 2) of our football supporting lives we won't get back.

Just makes for a crap weekend, beyond the regular family stuff, cinema trip or seeing friends.  

Looking at the potential fixtures, there is not a single one I will (genuinely) look forward to.  Not one.

Jaysus, you’ve nailed it! A friend of mine asked me why I still bother when it ruins at least 40 days a year 😂

3 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

For me this is one of the true impacts of Chansiri’s reign.

Just a complete sinking of standards that the prospect of another stint in League One is greeted with sh*te like “might not be so bad” or “at least we might win a few”.

This is what Wednesday is now. An ambitionless second and third tier yo-yo outfit. And some of you are fully signed up and on board.

Thank god someone has said this. 

We are talking about the 4th stint in League 1 in 20 years! Our 2nd relegation in 3 years. 

Please name me one other club who can get 30k gates who has a record that bad. 

Clue….there isn’t one. 

It’s an enormous failure by the people who run our club, and the fanbase have been let down hugely by being subjected to this crap league YET AGAIN. 

There is zero upside. We will make less money, recruit worse players, play in front of smaller gates and appear in tin pot poo like the pizza club. Our facilities will continue to be neglected. 

If relegation doesn’t spark a wide spread protest against DC’s utter ******** incompetence then we deserve everything we get. Have some ******** standards for our club ffs. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sparkwell76 said:

If we’re winning and go up as champs it’s ok.  But it’s hard to get excited about it when you should win most matches.  

It’s the fact that there’s no light at the end of the tunnel under this owner. 4th time down there since 2003. Right kick in the testicles. Had enough 

You know what the most depressing thing for me is about going back down again? It’s that  the Peterborough and Barnsley games were for nothing

Those games should have been the start of our road back upwards. The shine is about to be permanently taken off those 2 unbelievable football matches 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Django said:

You know what the most depressing thing for me is about going back down again? It’s that  the Peterborough and Barnsley games were for nothing

Those games should have been the start of our road back upwards. The shine is about to be permanently taken off those 2 unbelievable football matches 

100%