getting out of the bottom 3 tomorrow would be a huge blow to the teams that end up below us.

because of our GD we have always been in a position where we have to better the results of the teams around us and managing the disappointment that even if we win, it's still not good enough.

anybody who falls below us will then have the shock of that happening with the knowledge that there is so little time left to claw it back.  we have always known that there were still many remaining fixtures and that a setback wasn't terminal.  with so few matches to go after the weekend, it possibly could be for anybody we put below us...

• Like 6

I think there's a lot to be said for our position in terms of a mental battle at the minute.

Our brief hasn't changed since the first game of the season and it only became clearer as we became increasingly adrift. I know people have differing views on what "must win" means this weekend but we've been in a must win mindset all season, and have kept coming back to create these one off "must win" games. For us it's business as usual.

Going by the midweek results, it looks like some of the teams we're trying to catch are still sleep walking or don't quite realise what position they're in. Dangerous with only 4 games left and something we can capitalise all. Just got to do our business.

• Like 4

I had to look up psyops.  Never heard the word before.  Seems to be short for psychological operations.  A military term for propaganda. Seems only Russia,China,Iran uses propaganda. Psyops when we do it.

Well,I've learned something.  Can't see the relevance to football though. 🤔

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

I think there's a lot to be said for our position in terms of a mental battle at the minute.

Our brief hasn't changed since the first game of the season and it only became clearer as we became increasingly adrift. I know people have differing views on what "must win" means this weekend but we've been in a must win mindset all season, and have kept coming back to create these one off "must win" games. For us it's business as usual.

Going by the midweek results, it looks like some of the teams we're trying to catch are still sleep walking or don't quite realise what position they're in. Dangerous with only 4 games left and something we can capitalise all. Just got to do our business.

This is the thing. The teams being dragged in have to change things up and that often means tightening up defensively, whereas we don't need to change anything as our tactics are already in place and working. That's a huge psychological advantage.

Given the fixtures think we are the in form team going into the last four 

Fans totally behind the coach and players ( if not the owner) where some of the others in the mix look ready to rip each other apart 

Don't think anyone in the battle would have the following we will have at Blackburn. 

3 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Going by the midweek results, it looks like some of the teams we're trying to catch are still sleep walking or don't quite realise what position they're in.

Or it could be that they’re just cr@p?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owl Stork said:

This is the thing. The teams being dragged in have to change things up and that often means tightening up defensively, whereas we don't need to change anything as our tactics are already in place and working. That's a huge psychological advantage.

Worked well at Ipswich!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyQuinnsQuiff said:

Or it could be that they’re just cr@p?

Definitely, but even if you're cr@p you can still fight and battle to try and get yourself out of trouble (see: Sheffield Wednesday Football Club).

Don't get me wrong, if they're cr@p and also not doing that then great. Over to us to finish the job.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Definitely, but even if you're cr@p you can still fight and battle to try and get yourself out of trouble (see: Sheffield Wednesday Football Club).

Don't get me wrong, if they're cr@p and also not doing that then great. Over to us to finish the job.

If Norwich had put away some of the chances they got (in both half's), They’d have been out of sight. Birmingham gave their all against Cardiff, but couldn’t even scrape a draw. We’re all as bad as each other. That’s why we’re struggling to stay in the Championship. All hoping that at least one other team slips up. Not a great place to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyQuinnsQuiff said:

Worked well at Ipswich!

Ipswich aren't being dragged in, so I don't see your point. Clearly I was talking about teams slipping into the relegation zone having to consider a change of tactics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyQuinnsQuiff said:

If Norwich had put away some of the chances they got (in both half's), They’d have been out of sight. Birmingham gave their all against Cardiff, but couldn’t even scrape a draw. We’re all as bad as each other. That’s why we’re struggling to stay in the Championship. All hoping that at least one other team slips up. Not a great place to be.

never a truer word written, everyone is saying what if ?   and must win.  We are all in the same boat, nobody knows which 2 will fall out.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

Ipswich aren't being dragged in, so I don't see your point. Clearly I was talking about teams slipping into the relegation zone having to consider a change of tactics.

I wasn’t talking about Ipswich. It was our tactics that I was alluding to. You know…”we don’t need to change tactics as they’re working well anyway”?

And I don’t know if you were aware, but we changed our tactics during the game against Norwich. Amazingly, it happens quite often during football games.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

I had to look up psyops.  Never heard the word before.  Seems to be short for psychological operations.  A military term for propaganda. Seems only Russia,China,Iran uses propaganda. Psyops when we do it.

Well,I've learned something.  Can't see the relevance to football though. 🤔

fair point.

but there is an argument about how we react as fans though.  if we stay together, focused and behind the team whatever happens showing the other teams our confidence we can get out of this, that can help put other teams off.  you always hear about team talks that tell the players to keep the opposition quiet for half an hour and wait for the fans to get on their back, so lets not give them the opportunity to use that.

so tomorrow, if we go behind, have a boring no score draw or heaven forfend lose, it is not over.   we show the next opponents/fans we are behind the team no matter what.

we can still show we feel about DC though....