Yes.

Iorfa Iky Famewo

Pol Palmer Vaulks Baz Pederson

Smith Bailey/Ugbo

Gassama and Musaba are game changers 

Pato not ready for 90.

Windass waaaay off it. Understandably but he’s been shocking.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Thought he was excellent down that right side when he came on, showed some real fight and quality. 

Pedersen had a decent game on the opposite side as well to say he’s barely played in months. 

Is a back 3 with those two playing wing back the way forward for us?

I'd play Po in a more advanced position in place of Musaba.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes.

Iorfa Iky Famewo

Smith Bailey/Ugbo

Gassama and Musaba are game changers 

Pato not ready for 90.

Windass waaaay off it. Understandably but he’s been shocking.

Not sure I agree with you re Pato… he did 90 minutes worth of work in 45 tonight!

I do think there’s an argument for bringing him on to wreak havoc part way through a game as opposed to starting though… however with Poveda injured, we don’t really have any options for that third midfield spot apart from playing Palmer out of position 

• Like 2

Valentin is one of the first names on the team sheet he’s been excellent!!

Pederson I like but I think he’s more of a defender than a wing back…. I’d like to see him on the left of a back 3 with Johnson at LwB in front of him. I’m not a big fan of Famewo.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

He’s got better as the season’s gone on and he’s settled into English football 

Agreed - and its as if Poveda has shown him it's ok to have a go - use a bit of flair - had real impact when he came on...

Just now, Bluesteel. said:

I think 352 is our plan B. Plan A has been quite effective when we don’t blow our own foot off 

I think we look so much better playing 3-5-2. 

It makes us harder to play against, and you can still create good chances with the wingbacks getting forward. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Not sure I agree with you re Pato… he did 90 minutes worth of work in 45 tonight!

I do think there’s an argument for bringing him on to wreak havoc part way through a game as opposed to starting though… however with Poveda injured, we don’t really have any options for that third midfield spot apart from playing Palmer out of position 

It’s a nice problem and one we haven’t had all season - there’s 4 good choices for striker. Smith, Ugbo, Pato and Bailey.

Couldnt argue with any two from four really, so long as we play reasonably direct and with with TWO of them up front.

Im really not sure about this 4231. The two young wide lads aren’t starters for me, and Windass has had two shockers.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes.

Iorfa Iky Famewo

Smith Bailey/Ugbo

Today only backed up my thoughts that Palmer should never play in midfield ever again. He was absolutely terrible. 

• Like 5

Just now, DuncOwl said:

Today only backed up my thoughts that Palmer should never play in midfield ever again. He was absolutely terrible. 

I understand, but if we are to play a midfield 3, and I think we should, then who else do we have?

Arguably Pato, allowing us to play two from Ugbo, Smith and Bailey up top?