I wouldn't drop Diaby or Palmer.

I think a 2-man midfield would be dominated by Norwich.

Beadle

Iorfa Ihiekwe Diaby Famewo

Vaulks Bannan Palmer

Windass Ugbo Gassama

• Like 4

Norwich played 4231 against Ipswich. We defo need to have the same amount in midfield otherwise we will get over run. They pressed aggressively and had numerous options when taking free kicks around Ipswich's area. 3/4 different free kick takers all whom were not scared to have a shot at goal. Which is where theirs came from, direct free kick. Played their striker sergeant up front on his own with willing runners behind him breaking lines. Looked technically good and strong. Totally different beast to QPR. Made ipswich look ordinary!

Edited by swampyowl01
  • Like 2

Norwich are a very good team with a very good manager. They are near top. This will be a VERY tough game.

Poveda out sadly. We miss him.

Bernard out. Something odd there?

Windass on subs bench as 2 games in 4 days too much? 

Worried about Ugbo. Isolated. Playing a different position.

I would keep same back four as at QPR for familiarity. We have to be strong at the back & in midfield. 

No Marv! Oops!

Beadle

Iorfa Ihekwei Bambo Famewoo

Pol  Palmer Vaulks  Bannan (not on left wing!!)

Musaba*  Ugbo 

(* start with Musaba, BUT deffo Gassama comes on around 60/65 mins. Tactical!)     

Subs:

Dawson

Gassama

Cadamarteri

Smith

Pato

Pedersen

Hendrick

James

Gregory

IMO got to be starting Smith, they have two big experienced Centre backs in Gibson and Duffy and I don’t see Ugbo managing to get the better of them in the air, especially.

Smith and Ugbo for me.

7 minutes ago, SheffWed said:

IMO got to be starting Smith, they have two big experienced Centre backs in Gibson and Duffy and I don’t see Ugbo managing to get the better of them in the air, especially.

Smith and Ugbo for me.

The only other advantage is playing with speed and pace around them , Duffy obviously good in the air but likely to struggle against pace / 

4 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

The only other advantage is playing with speed and pace around them , Duffy obviously good in the air but likely to struggle against pace / 

100%

It’s a tricky one, you could start Smith and have Cadamarteri buzzing around him, closing down etc, but I don’t think Ugbo will be benched, so Ugbo will play.

There is always a case for bringing the pace on later after they tire a little, you hope.

It’s a tough one, one thing is for sure we need to get at them. 

Not sure it’s the best tactic to play Bambo at centre half against a very quick Sargent for Norwich. Ideally need some pace in there. Would also worry about a very old midfield of Bannan and Palmer playing a second game in 4 days against a Norwich side that looked very mobile against Ipswich.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Not sure it’s the best tactic to play Bambo at centre half against a very quick Sargent for Norwich. Ideally need some pace in there. Would also worry about a very old midfield of Bannan and Palmer playing a second game in 4 days against a Norwich side that looked very mobile against Ipswich.

Did u not watch the game yesterday. Although prone to a mistake the one redeeming feature of his game is his pace. Had sinclair qpr striker in his bk pocket majority of the game. Did not give the guy a sniff.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

This a wind up? Bambo probably our fastest cb ? Potential iorfa too but he should also start 

Bambo has had some shocking games and is a little clumsy but he was great yesterday so deserves to play

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, 1952Owl said:

Norwich are a very good team with a very good manager. They are near top. This will be a VERY tough game.

Poveda out sadly. We miss him.

Bernard out. Something odd there?

Windass on subs bench as 2 games in 4 days too much? 

Worried about Ugbo. Isolated. Playing a different position.

I would keep same back four as at QPR for familiarity. We have to be strong at the back & in midfield. 

No Marv! Oops!

Beadle

Iorfa Ihekwei Bambo Famewoo

Pol  Palmer Vaulks  Bannan (not on left wing!!)

Musaba*  Ugbo 

(* start with Musaba, BUT deffo Gassama comes on around 60/65 mins. Tactical!)     

Subs:

Dawson

Gassama

Cadamarteri

Smith

Pato

Pedersen

Hendrick

James

Gregory

Uve put bannan on left wing but wouldn't play him on left wing? What's odd bout Bernard being injured? Uve  also named Gregory on bench whose injured and looks like will be out rest season 

23 minutes ago, swampyowl01 said:

Did u not watch the game yesterday. Although prone to a mistake the one redeeming feature of his game is his pace. Had sinclair qpr striker in his bk pocket majority of the game. Did not give the guy a sniff.

Yes he had a solid game yesterday. Sargent different gravy for me though and any mistake giving Sargent a yard start will be punished imo. My opinion however and it’s Danny’s that counts in the end!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

This a wind up? Bambo probably our fastest cb ? Potential iorfa too but he should also start 

Bambo has had some shocking games and is a little clumsy but he was great yesterday so deserves to play

Got to be otherwise he has never seen him play. Got speed to burn. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

To be fair, since his return he has barely put a foot wrong.

Was immense yesterday and rightly deserves to start. We'll need three at the back to handle Borja and Savage. Borja is a tricky little player and we know how good Savage was before he got injured.

I'd have Iorfa - Bambo - Ihiekwe as my back three personally

2 hours ago, Sykes said:

I wouldn't drop Diaby or Palmer.

I think a 2-man midfield would be dominated by Norwich.

Beadle

Vaulks Bannan Palmer

Windass Ugbo Gassama

I’d basically go with this team,  or have Paterson for Vaulks if he was fit to start games.  

being pedantic I would put palmer in the middle sat in front of the back 4.

Beadle

Vaulks Palmer Bannan

Windass Ugbo Gassama

It's a tough call,Windass was off the pace I'm not counting the miss of the century cos sh*t happens, I would bring in Vaulks and Valentin for Palmer, and Windass. Povedo if fit, if not start with Gassaama

Windass has to play for me if fit, especially with Poveda out. For all Gassama and Musabas qualities they lack positional intelligence and can't link the play like Windass. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deano said:

Windass has to play for me if fit, especially with Poveda out. For all Gassama and Musabas qualities they lack positional intelligence and can't link the play like Windass. 

Yeah, but...summat about podcasts...thinks he's better than he is...wibble.