Went to my first game in 1986, and since then have been a mixture of season ticket/10+ home games a season.  Until this season. Not Been once and don’t expect too now.

Im not lining this ***** pockets anymore. Still watch every game, and every win makes my weekend and every defeat hurts like it always did. But fizz paying to watch us while he’s still in control. I miss going to hillsborough but We will only ever be heading one way while he owns our club and that’s down

• Like 3
  • Love 2

It’s not over yet 

I think we will go down, but results go our way a couple of fixtures in a row and we win, things will look very very different 

Results go against us and we lose Saturday though and I totally give up any hope 

4 minutes ago, Ironman said:

Went to my first game in 1986, and since then have been a mixture of season ticket/10+ home games a season.  Until this season. Not Been once and don’t expect too now.

Im not lining this ***** pockets anymore. Still watch every game, and every win makes my weekend and every defeat hurts like it always did. But fizz paying to watch us while he’s still in control. I miss going to hillsborough but We will only ever be heading one way while he owns our club and that’s down

I may get in trouble for saying this but for anyone else thinking of giving up going. there’s a very simple and cheap way to watch every home and away game from the comfort of your sofa. I’ve done that for most of the last few years apart from the odd game I’ve really wanted to go to. Don’t want to give DC any of my money. I even bought a fake jersey from China 

Edited by Londoner1867
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Londoner1867 said:

I may get in trouble for saying this but for anyone else thinking of giving up going. there’s a very simple and cheap way to watch every home and away game from the comfort of your sofa. I’ve done that for most of the last few years apart from the odd game I’ve really wanted to go to. Don’t want to give DC any of my money. I even bought a fake jersey from China 

That’s what I do too mate. And I still feel the highs and lows of wins and defeats as much as i always have. Like today. I’m fuming. But I can’t bring myself to pay to  watch us anymore while he owns the club. 

chansiri out

• Like 3

I honestly think that if we go down the fall out would be so bad that we could go down again.

We'd have to build up from scratch with a new team,new coach and considerably fewer fans.  But we would have one constant. :Chansiri:.

Edited by sage owl
Spelling
  • Like 2

If you could guarantee Röhl staying and DC selling up, new owners for next season…but it meant relegation, I’d take it.

DC has got to go, he cannot continue, next season will be more of the same again under DC, whatever the league.

20 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

It's not them you're competing with to get back out though, is it. It's the two sides coming down with us (who I'd confidently expect to better prepare for the division than we will). It's the likes of Barnsley and Peterborough who are consistent operators at that level. Ambitious clubs like Oxford. Reading look like they might have what we need by next year - new ownership. Stockport are ambitious, have momentum and along with Wrexham will be a problem in League One next year. Still possible that one of Bolton or Derby could stay down..

The idea that we'll just throw a side together (with what?) that will chuck it's weight around next year is exactly the type of arrogance that one of these days is going to really catch us out.

You’d expect Charlton to be a lot better next season too with Nathan Jones in charge

By league 1 standards, Charlton seem to have a bit of money to spend. They beat us to our main transfer target in January even though they’re in the league below us 

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

And yet today the fans just clapped the team on. Not one Chansiri out chant

You reap what you sow

So you are saying its the fans fault, I am sure someone else once said that. 

58 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yeah we are going nowhere, even the thought of staying up and still being owned by Chansiri is depressing.  I would literally prefer to be a league 2 side without Chansiri and an owner like Luton or Brighton got.  Generally just common sense people who know what they are doing.  Doesn’t seem too much to ask,  but careful what you wish for and all that b*llocks

Couldn't agree more about the ownership. Let's get back to local people owning clubs.

1 hour ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

You don’t know what players or manager we’ll end up with next year. Remember who’s in charge and what he’s capable of..

I know we will end up with a top 2 squad like we always have.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, owl84 said:

I know we will end up with a top 2 squad like we always have.

Just now, owl84 said:

As will we

Is this acceptable? 

A yo-yo team between the Champ and League One?

A relegation largely brought on - again - by our incompetent owner?

Staggering.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

It wasn’t the same. We still kept the core of the side last time and the likes of Iorfa, Palmer, Bannan, Paterson, Windass were all top players in league 1 but now they’re 3 years older and all in their 30s.

We also kept 20k season ticket holders last time which we’re not going to have next season 

Will be able to keep them again if we want to. Doesn't change the fact of how poor a division it is we won't struggle in it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Is this acceptable? 

A yo-yo team between the Champ and League One?

A relegation largely brought on - again - by our incompetent owner?

Staggering.

I'm not backing him I can't stand the man and I'm fully behind 1867. 

My point was we won't struggle in league one which the original post I replied too was saying we would. 

57 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

It's not them you're competing with to get back out though, is it. It's the two sides coming down with us (who I'd confidently expect to better prepare for the division than we will). It's the likes of Barnsley and Peterborough who are consistent operators at that level. Ambitious clubs like Oxford. Reading look like they might have what we need by next year - new ownership. Stockport are ambitious, have momentum and along with Wrexham will be a problem in League One next year. Still possible that one of Bolton or Derby could stay down..

The idea that we'll just throw a side together (with what?) that will chuck it's weight around next year is exactly the type of arrogance that one of these days is going to really catch us out.

Not arrogance its just being realistic. We will sign frees and loans that we have before it's not good don't get me wrong. 

But people said exactly the same last time we went down that we'd struggle and some even tipped us for relegation. We ended up with the playoffs. Players available at that level loans and frees we will have the pick of.

Just now, owl84 said:

Will be able to keep them again if we want to. Doesn't change the fact of how poor a division it is we won't struggle in it.

I think Iorfa and Windass will both go this summer.

Bannan and Palmer may stay but Bannan will be 35 next season and Palmer will be 33 so whether we want to move on from Bannan and Palmer is another discussion.

I’d also factor in the last 3 transfer windows have all been dreadful with very little investment in players. You could count on one hand the number of good signings we’ve made in the last 3 windows combined.

If you’re expecting us to be up there in league 1 next season we’d need a lot better transfer window than any of the last 3 windows.

As it stands 18 of the first team squad are out of contract in the summer and need replacing 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

And yet some simpletons will keep defending him. 

Run something into the ground and blame everyone else, and you'll somehow hoodwink enough people. 

Exactly!  Some simpletons will still vote Tory !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

I think Iorfa and Windass will both go this summer.

Bannan and Palmer may stay but Bannan will be 35 next season and Palmer will be 33 so whether we want to move on from Bannan and Palmer is another discussion.

I’d also factor in the last 3 transfer windows have all been dreadful with very little investment in players. You could count on one hand the number of good signings we’ve made in the last 3 windows combined.

If you’re expecting us to be up there in league 1 next season we’d need a lot better transfer window than any of the last 3 windows.

As it stands 18 of the first team squad are out of contract in the summer and need replacing 

I know it would mean starting from scratch but I’d like to see them all go including Bannan and Palmer