It would be a crime if we stayed up

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Again, none of that changes the fact that since Röhl took over, 9 teams have picked up fewer points than us.

Yes, agreed, but for the dreadful start when Munoz was manager for the first first 10 games, we would not be in the bottom 3.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, C&K OWLS said:

By far the second worst team in this leauge and it would be very harsh on whoever if we was to survive. 

These players deserve to go down and then deserve to be shipped out roll on next season with a reset 

Whilst I agree with this I’ve just looked at the table and we’re still in with a shout. It’s crazy how bad we are, but crazier still is how bad the league is this year. 

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Of course we could have. So could every other team in the country.

But when you look at our squad, do you think we should expect to be higher than 15th in the table, as we would be had the season started when Röhl arrived?

I'm not sure I do.

No I wouldn’t expect to be higher than 15th with or without Röhl but we should’ve been out of the bottom three since he’s arrived.

56 minutes ago, C&K OWLS said:

By far the second worst team in this leauge and it would be very harsh on whoever if we was to survive. 

These players deserve to go down and then deserve to be shipped out roll on next season with a reset 

55 minutes ago, C&K OWLS said:

No one Is going to pay much for the club in its current condition.  So we will almost certainly have the same Chairman next season, and probably an even more toxic atmosphere at home games. I  have no confidence the “reset” can do us much good without a completely different approach which is not going to happen. And while some have time to look forward to longer term improvements, there are some of us getting quite old after nearly 70 years at Hillsborough. We never believed we would still be in this mess nearly 25 years after we were relegated in 2000, by far the worst spell in our history. During that time we have paid our money year after year, given away the shares we purchased to help the club  for not even a penny. We missed out on the single opportunity to get back. I have bought my early bird renewal but might not go very often. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

No I wouldn’t expect to be higher than 15th with or without Röhl but we should’ve been out of the bottom three since he’s arrived.

But being 15th in the form table since he took over, and averaging enough points per game for a comfortable mid-table finish if spread across a full season, hasn't been enough to drag us out of the bottom three.

🤷‍♂️

We can thank Chansiri and Muñoz for that.

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

But being 15th in the form table since he took over, and averaging enough points per game for a comfortable mid-table finish if spread across a full season, hasn't been enough to drag us out of the bottom three.

🤷‍♂️

We can thank Chansiri and Muñoz for that.

We can thank Chansiri but we could have gotten out of this never mind the Xisco debacle.

2 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

We can thank Chansiri but we could have gotten out of this never mind the Xisco debacle.

And we still may do yet.

But the squad we've got is a lower mid-table squad at best.

Arguably, Röhl's performed wonders to get them showing that kind of form, really.

You take a squad like that and give the rest of the division a ten game head start, and you're in trouble.

21 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We can keep going all night if you like.

It won't alter the simple fact that since Röhl arrived, we've been the 10th worst team in the division, not the second worst.

The teams he's ahead of during his tenure are:

Stoke

Sunderland

Swansea

Plymouth

Blackburn

Millwall

Huddersfield

Birmingham

Rotherham

The season didn’t start when Röhl took over though did it. Over the season based on pretty much every stat we are the second worst side in the league.

Starting a league table from the point Röhl took over is skewed. For example Röhl has played Rotherham twice (where we’ve picked up 6 points) but he’s only had to play Ipswich, Leeds and Southampton once.

Even under Röhl we don’t score enough goals, as the Boro commentator put it today 31 goals from 40 games is anaemic.

The only game we’ve scored 3 goals in all season the opposition only had 10 men on the field when all the goals went in.

You could also make an argument that Röhl has been quite fortunate that we’ve played a few teams when they’ve been on terrible runs like Stoke, Millwall and Plymouth.

Stoke and Millwall both sacked their managers after losing to us tells you what sort of form they were in when we played them.

We’ve not beaten a side all season that have been in decent form when we’ve played them and we’ve not beaten a side that have played well against us.

Any championship quality opposition that turns up against us and puts in a performance will beat us 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

And we still may do yet.

But the squad we've got is a lower mid-table squad at best.

Arguably, Röhl's performed wonders to get them showing that kind of form, really.

You take a squad like that and give the rest of the division a ten game head start, and you're in trouble.

We still may do and I hope Röhl manages it, I like him and don’t want him sacked god forbid but he isn’t a messiah. All I’m saying is he’s made quite a few mistakes that have cost us points. Xisco has blame but he’s not the entire story if we go down..

Edited by OneEightSixSeven
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

The season didn’t start when Röhl took over though did it. 

No, I never said it did.

In fact, my point was that the Muñoz era (can we can ten games an 'era'?) is the main reason we're still second in the league table. As much as I wish Chansiri had given him the bullet a lot sooner.

As for the rest of your post, I agree that there are variables involved, but that's how league seasons play out, I suppose. You play some teams in form, others out of form etc.

The early-season Leeds and Southampton teams Muñoz faced were nothing like the in-their-stride winning machines we faced under Röhl, either. That's just how it goes.

Ultimately, since October, which is a pretty big chunk of the Championship season, our record puts us 15th, not 23rd.

That's all I was saying, really.

1 hour ago, Southside Owl said:

Cliche, but it's the manner in which we lost today.... it feels as though these players are taking our club and our fans for a ride..

They’re all on a loser career wise  if we’re relegated including the manager who will not want a relegation on his CV

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No, I never said it did.

In fact, my point was that the Muñoz era (can we can ten games an 'era'?) is the main reason we're still second in the league table. As much as I wish Chansiri had given him the bullet a lot sooner.

As for the rest of your post, I agree that there are variables involved, but that's how league seasons play out, I suppose. You play some teams in form, others out of form etc.

The early-season Leeds and Southampton teams Muñoz faced were nothing like the in-their-stride winning machines we faced under Röhl, either. That's just how it goes.

Ultimately, since October, which is a pretty big chunk of the Championship season, our record puts us 15th, not 23rd.

You could say that Swansea team at the weekend and this injury hit Boro team weren’t anything special but we’ve failed, spectacularly. It swings both ways.

And projections are just that, this 15th place, we may not have got going straight away under Röhl. Who knows.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No, I never said it did.

Yes I get that and we have obviously been better under Röhl than we were under Xisco.

But picking the point Röhl started and saying we’d be 15th is skewing the stats.

There’s only two sides in the top 11 Röhl has played against twice in the league (Leicester and Coventry) and he’s not played against West Brom at all yet.

As bad as Xisco was, he was also in charge for a tough set of fixtures.

Nearly all Xisco’s fixtures were against sides currently in the top half and we didn’t play a single game under Xisco against a side that’s currently in the bottom 10 in the league 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C&K OWLS said:

Bang on 

14 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

You could say that Swansea team at the weekend and this injury hit Boro team weren’t anything special but we’ve failed, spectacularly. It swings both ways.

And projections are just that, this 15th place, we may not have got going straight away under Röhl. Who knows.

We didn't get going straight away under Röhl.

If we take the table since the first international break of his tenure back in November, we'd be 10th.

We are far from being the second worst team on the pitch. We are however the worst run club by a country mile, that would still apply in League One and League Two......you reap what you sow and I agree it would be criminal if we escape relegation this season but I'd still take it of course. I'd happily be relegated if I felt it would awaken the section of the fan base that can't see what's in front of their eyes when it comes to Chansiri.