Brighton

mrgund

On 24/04/2023 at 17:12, OneManBand said:

What's the joke?

It's Brighton LOL

I guess you had to be there. Same with Charlton LOL

Funny how fast things change comparing us. 

In a way glad they got it, they really established themselves and are now a shining example of a well run model. 

I dread to think what our recruitment and subsequent debts would have been had we gone on to go up 

Bet they w*nked themselves silly after last nights result.

I mean being on the verge of Europe for the first time ever, 7th in the PL, shrewd owner, great recruitment policy you're first thoughts must always be about a League 1 team who happened to knock you out of the playoffs 7 years ago.

Wonder if they have the same loathing for Derby who knocked them out of the playoffs 2 years earlier 6-2 on aggregate?

Strange bunch!

If you want a laugh,  read their fans forum from last night.  Really bizarre hatred for a league 1 side that beat the once 7 years ago.   

One poster says how the owls losing in the final, after a record points total and the greatest ever football comeback, would be even sweeter now..  

I expect if we were to win the final he/she would say "i tell you what, they may have got themselves a record points total, longest unbeaten run, most clean sheets for their club, greatest ever comeback and won the final at wembley,  but seeing one of their players trip up the stairs to collect the promotion trophy would be the funniest thing that ever happens in my life time".

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

If you want a laugh,  read their fans forum from last night.  Really bizarre hatred for a league 1 side that beat the once 7 years ago.   

One poster says how the owls losing in the final, after a record points total and the greatest ever football comeback, would be even sweeter now..  

I expect if we were to win the final he/she would say "i tell you what, they may have got themselves a record points total, longest unbeaten run, most clean sheets for their club, greatest ever comeback and won the final at wembley,  but seeing one of their players trip up the stairs to collect the promotion trophy would be the funniest thing that ever happens in my life time".

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Some Brighton fans were more upset about us winning than their own team losing/getting battered. 

Tinpot to the end. 

it really irks me because they are great to watch so I've been rooting them, but we aren't getting the same positive vibes back lol 

I find it absolutely bizarre 

They do seem to be like those short kids with an attitude that want to start a fight with anyone they can, but no one cares.

I also saw one bloke commenting about how poor the football was last night...  now they are playing like Brazil they've suddenly forgotten where they've come from.

Oh and comments about how bad Posh defending was,   bit like conceding 5 goals at home to a relegation side and 4 goals again last night.  

Edited by Southie_Owl