Lee Bullen's Ayr United

On 05/05/2023 at 21:49, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Incredibly Ayr have finished second and can put their feet up for a week or so before they enter the play offs. An Ayr v Kilmarnock final would be good.

Hoping so! I'm part of a running club in Kilmarnock and a few of the guys who support them think Killie are nailed on for 2nd bottom - and would struggle against any of the Championship play-off contenders. It's always a tall order for the club from the league below over a two legged final though.

Unfortunately my usual childminder is on holiday the next two weeks so I can't make the Ayr vs Queens Park/Partick semi's (it's on BBC Scotland so least I'll be able to watch), but will be able to make the final legs if Ayr get there. Belting game between Partick and Queen's Park last night in the first leg of the semi - Partick were 3-1 up, QP scored 2 in 5mins to make it 3-3, then  Partick scored a 96th min winner to take a 4-3 lead into the second leg!

32 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Lost 3-0 so a big uphill task. There at home next week so let's hope they can take inspiration from us. How great is that by the way that going forward in years to come teams look back at our result for inspiration. 

You know Bully will be showing them our match..the whole thing. 

Same scenario for them..just go for it. 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Sheffield Wednesday have been mentioned a few times. lol

No comeback like ours, Partick could win this one 3-0. 

Might be more than 3-0. :duntmatter:

I was fearing something like this for our second leg. lol