Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

FreshOwl

Quite a few Burton Albion fans getting P’d off with JFH.

Bottom of the league with 1 point from 7 after another defeat yesterday, and he’s on sky sports again this weekend doing super Sunday. He seems to do super Sunday every week and occasionally during the week also 

Surely he has more important things to be doing with Burton? I find it a bit bizarre myself. Imagine Moore doing punditry after a hammering 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, markg said:

It's not good from a PR point of view I guess but it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'd trust a manager to manage his time and I don't think that him spending a few hours as a pundit would impact massively on his day job. 

Tbf it’s not really a few hours. I’ve seen a behind the scenes and they arrive like 3-4 hours before kick off to prep, and then give the post match analysis. It’s an all day thing. 

And considering Burton have 1 point in 7, surely a Sunday would be better spent on the training ground or at least giving some form of duty to the club who employ me?

I dunno, just seems a bit mad to me 

20 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Imagine when we got slapped 5-0 by Sunderland last season and Moore rocked up on sky the next day to do West Brom vs Fulham 😭 

Yeah I definitely see that reasoning.

To me it's more of a 'how it looks' thing rather than it being an issue that would impact on his work

Perhaps I am missing something,  but why is he one of the pundits today? 

Normally when he's on Sky it's because Chelsea and/or Leeds are featuring (two of his ex-clubs). 

Unless I've missed something, he never played for Brighton or Leicester and most certainly never featured for Man U, Arsenal. 

12 minutes ago, g-owls said:

He probably gets paid more with Sky for a days work than a full week at Burton. 

Regardless if I was a Burton fan it wouldn’t sit well with me I can’t lie 

They played at Oxford yesterday. Imagine the team making their way back on the team bus, but Jimmie declines to stay down south for sky. 

Edited by FreshOwl

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I bet all our fans would be cool as cucumbers if Darren Moore was appearing weekly on Sky Sports following a defeat. 

Yep. Calm as cucumbers. 

Calm as a cucumber ffs 

Pretty sure Chris Kamara said that once :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

I think Peschisolido is the only manager he's sacked in the 40 years or so Robinson has been chairman there. Although I'm not sure about when they were well down the ladder deep in non-league. 

Was expecting him to retire and his daughter taking over but she left to take the CEO job at Wrexham. What a strange an nerve wracking job interview that must have been. 

JFH may only really have Sunday ‘off’ so maybe it’s OK in that sense… but I think most managers wouldn’t be doing media work whilst currently in a job.  

I get your point though. 

And speaking of irrational, Darren Purse was once on Soccer Am the day before a Sheffield derby… I remember being grumpy about it 😭

14 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Barnsley manager Michael Duff was a pundit at the West Brom v Burnley match on Friday night. Just hours before their game with us.

I suppose as long as your team is winning it isn't an issue.

Yeah but Jimmy is on every week mate, and was the only manager in work doing that