Forest

IWEDFM

Its like supermarket sweep with em ffs 

Grab what you can off the shelf and run to the next aisle grab what you can there run to the next aisle grab what you can etc etc 

And then dump some of them on Olympiacos to rite of some of the expenditure and get around FFP. Trust me there the new big cheats and no one bats an eye lid because the media are currently selling them as a novelty 

Its so blatant its actually funny at this point 

Since his takeover theyve made over 20 new signings each season 

120+ players signed plus loans, that is taking scatter gun to a whole new level 

EFL amd the PL dont give a sh!t their owner is offloading players from Forest to his other club in Greece either... 

As I said they are text book cheating the system, its akin to adding another manager on football manager and selling your dross to one rich club and then signing all the players you want with the proceeds. Its disgraceful.

their fans wont admit it, the media are quiet... Makes you wonder eh.

This policy can't possibly work can it?

You can't create a team spirit or a cohesive unit with that many new faces. 

I just can't see them stopping up , even with Steve Cooper as manager. 

I reckon he will be managing Villa by the end of the season. 

7 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

EFL amd the PL dont give a sh!t their owner is offloading players from Forest to his other club in Greece either... 

As I said they are text book cheating the system, its akin to adding another manager on football manager and selling your dross to one rich club and then signing all the players you want with the proceeds. Its disgraceful.

A Derby fan whinging about clubs cheating the system. Look at your spend a few years back for instance. By all rights you should be bust but were given chances no one else got. Give it a rest.

• Like 5

Absolutely no chance that Cooper has greenlit all these signings. 

No manager in their right mind would want that many signings in one transfer window. 

20/21 in total? 

Forest have built an entire new squad, let alone first XI. 

Bonkers. 

7 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

Yeah, it is a tad strange. They've just signed that Bowler guy from Blackpool and sent him straight out to Greece. It's almost as if they've signed all these players to stop other clubs from getting them

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Absolutely no chance that Cooper has greenlit all these signings. 

No manager in their right mind would want that many signings in one transfer window. 

20/21 in total? 

Forest have built an entire new squad, let alone first XI. 

Bonkers. 

21 I think and apparently they missed out on a couple more on deadline day. I would hate to be Cooper when he has to pick his first 11

6 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Half of these signings I wouldn't think are Cooper signings, it's all very odd. 

Parking for agents perhaps? 

Get these players in the biggest shop window in the world and sell them off?

Forest had something daft like 16 players who left at the end of last season (loans ended, sold, contracts expired, etc) and then they’ve loaned out players like Mighten who aren’t ready for the PL, so they were always going to need a massive overhaul. 

Having said that, I don’t think clubs should be allowed to sign a player and then loan them straight out to the owner’s other club(s) as Forest have done with Olympiakos.

As an example at another club, Watford bought that left back Kamara for £3m in January. They got relegated, “sold” him to the Pozzos’ other club Udinese for £17m, and then loaned him immediately back to Watford for this season. Clubs do this with young players to help them gain experience in familiar surroundings, which is fair enough, but Kamara is 28.

The Kamara situation is blatantly exploiting a loophole which needs closing — similar to the Hirst/Leicester/OH Leuven debacle which scammed us out of a few quid 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Parking for agents perhaps? 

Get these players in the biggest shop window in the world and sell them off?

Maybe, but god knows.

Renan Lodi is a well known player already. Regular for Athletico Madrid, Brazil international and suddenly turns up on loan at Forest. 

13 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Maybe, but god knows.

Renan Lodi is a well known player already. Regular for Athletico Madrid, Brazil international and suddenly turns up on loan at Forest. 

Tbf, Urby Emanuelson was pretty well known before he came here and sat in the reserves for 12-months. 

59 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Half of these signings I wouldn't think are Cooper signings, it's all very odd. 

True 

Come to think of it, I read an article a few weeks back where Cooper stated that Dean Henderson wasn't on his list of targets yet they signed him anyway 

3 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Forest had something daft like 16 players who left at the end of last season (loans ended, sold, contracts expired, etc) and then they’ve loaned out players like Mighten who aren’t ready for the PL, so they were always going to need a massive overhaul. 

Having said that, I don’t think clubs should be allowed to sign a player and then loan them straight out to the owner’s other club(s) as Forest have done with Olympiakos.

As an example at another club, Watford bought that left back Kamara for £3m in January. They got relegated, “sold” him to the Pozzos’ other club Udinese for £17m, and then loaned him immediately back to Watford for this season. Clubs do this with young players to help them gain experience in familiar surroundings, which is fair enough, but Kamara is 28.

The Kamara situation is blatantly exploiting a loophole which needs closing — similar to the Hirst/Leicester/OH Leuven debacle which scammed us out of a few quid 

I think this could be an increasing feature in football.

If a player signs for Watford, he's also signing for Udinese 

If he signs for Forest he's also signing for Olympiakos.

It's a more first team, grown up version of Chelsea harvesting young talent, and 90% of them only playing for Vitesse Arnhem. 

The George Hirst scenario was an utter disgrace; David Hirst and Nigel Pearson should not be allowed anywhere near Hillsborough again for their role in that. I actually feel sorry for George Hirst, having his career completely derailed by two people he trusted, just because they are bitter old pros still annoyed about not getting the big money that's in the game now.