Forest

IWEDFM

have made 18 new signings and are still after more

I get that some of their promotion winning players have gone back to their parent clubs but so many new faces will surely cause unrest in the dressing room as they have a player like Lingard on a reported £120k a week. They have also splashed out a huge fee on Morgan Gibbs-White who is unproven in the Prem and has cost almost as much as what City paid for Haaland

I think their owners deserve credit for showing ambition and pushing the boat out but I would hate to be in their position if they get relegated at the end of the season

Chicken and egg isn’t it. 
if they don’t strengthen enough like a Norwich they come straight back down again. 
Forest are a big club with an ambitious owner who are desperate to give themselves the best chance of staying up. The money spent is nothing if they keep themselves up, I think they will. 

2 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Chicken and egg isn’t it. 
if they don’t strengthen enough like a Norwich they come straight back down again. 
Forest are a big club with an ambitious owner who are desperate to give themselves the best chance of staying up. The money spent is nothing if they keep themselves up, I think they will. 

True but there are going to be a lot of unhappy players sitting in the stands on matchdays as they have signed a whole new squad 

I guess it'll either be a masterstroke or a complete disaster

Just to add 

Brentford only signed 3 or 4 players in their first season in the Prem and they finished mid table so signing an influx of players isn't always the answer where as Fulham a few years back took the Forest approach and went straight back down

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Just to add 

Brentford only signed 3 or 4 players in their first season in the Prem and they finished mid table so signing an influx of players isn't always the answer where as Fulham a few years back took the Forest approach and went straight back down

Brentford were a lot more ready as a squad than Forest were though especially with forest losing half their first 11 anyway once promoted due to going back from their loans. 
But like you say it could go either way, as a forest fan though I’d be happy with what they are doing. Giving themselves the best chance to stay up. 
It’s just nice to see a proper club get promoted from the championship for once. 

Forest had a lot of loaned players last season so started preseason with a barebones squad. The risk on players like Lingard is minimal too as he is on a 1 year deal so if they go down they wont be saddled with players on daft contracts.

Plus look across the city £200m bought them lot a bottom of the table finish.    

27 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Brentford were a lot more ready as a squad than Forest were though especially with forest losing half their first 11 anyway once promoted due to going back from their loans. 
But like you say it could go either way, as a forest fan though I’d be happy with what they are doing. Giving themselves the best chance to stay up. 
It’s just nice to see a proper club get promoted from the championship for once. 

Agreed. Forest are a proper club and them getting promoted should give us hope that it could be us one day

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think the Forest fans would want to ‘give it a Reght go’ and spend some cash - after year of waiting surrendering their place and accepting relegation wouldn’t be well received. 

Maybe they see the players they’ve bought as saleable assets should they want to leave anyhow (?)  

I’ve not looked at the list of players though. 

6 hours ago, Jim said:

Forest will finish in the Top Half.

Of the championship next season? 

Going down. Too many ins and outs for get tactically in line imo. 

Fulham best of the promoted teams to stay up for a change, recruited well and good manager 

I have to switch off when their fans are interviewed on east midlands today. The green envy makes an appereance and I feel utter sadness how its turned out after 2019. It was bad enough watching Brighton go past us after the 2013/14 playoff hammering we dished out to them, only to watch them catch up and promoted a couple of seasons later. 

But seeing that lot swan around spending that type of money and getting ready for games at Man City etc.... WTF:

still... we beat Peterboro in 93rd minute today... so happy days are back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCFCOwls said:

I have to switch off when their fans are interviewed on east midlands today. The green envy makes an appereance and I feel utter sadness how its turned out after 2019. It was bad enough watching Brighton go past us after the 2013/14 playoff hammering we dished out to them, only to watch them catch up and promoted a couple of seasons later. 

But seeing that lot swan around spending that type of money and getting ready for games at Man City etc.... WTF:

still... we beat Peterboro in 93rd minute today... so happy days are back.

Yeah, very frustrating when your main rivals are in a good place and your own club is struggling but just have to look on the bright side as football is all about cycles and it can quickly turn

13 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Yeah, very frustrating when your main rivals are in a good place and your own club is struggling but just have to look on the bright side as football is all about cycles and it can quickly turn

Yup hopefully its not far away but I have a feeling its going to be a while before we are level with them again. so we have to hunker down and just focus on ourselves. Weve been in the same league and the same standard as one another for such a long time that it feels weird the gap we now see between the two clubs. 

2 minutes ago, darra said:

Citeh put 6 past them tonight. Forest with 25% possession and 1shot on target. Going to a long season for them methinks?

As I said in my OP I think they have over signed. To stay up you need stability and there is no way Cooper will know his best side with so many new faces. He'll no doubt tinker until he finds it but it could be too late by then

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Bet the manager gets sacked 

First new players…. then a new manager 

They aren’t going to just ‘see how it goes’ by the looks of it

They would be mental to sack Cooper after the job he’s done there. 

Obviously they got smashed tonight but this City team with Haaland up top is just utterly ridiculous. They’ve had a difficult run of games to start the season but their next 5 or 6 are against teams you’d expect they’ll be competing with. I’d like them to stay up, proper club

Ah that game was always a write off 

Theyll be competing with Leicester, Villa, Wolves, Bournemouth, Southampton, Brentford and 1 or 2 others for survival 

the Prem is tedious and it does seem its a two tier league, take the money and be happy like Norwich 

• Like 2

On 26/08/2022 at 11:07, IWEDFM said:

Just to add 

Fulham signed 7 first team players that summer, a quarter of the money was on Mitrovic who was previously on loan. It’s not the same as Forest.