"Let's not make this into a problem that it is not"

I remember when Lorfa first arrived at S6 he played RB he used to do runs down the wing and get crosses in, looked quite good, then he says his best position is CB and he wants to play there. I think he is a far better RB than CB in fact he is a crap CB I wonder if it would be worthwhile letting him play RWB in the u 23s and see how that pans out . ( thoughts)

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Blue Boy said:

I remember when Lorfa first arrived at S6 he played RB he used to do runs down the wing and get crosses in, looked quite good, then he says his best position is CB and he wants to play there. I think he is a far better RB than CB in fact he is a crap CB I wonder if it would be worthwhile letting him play RWB in the u 23s and see how that pans out . ( thoughts)

If he played in the U23s we would never see him again as Darren doesn’t seem to want to play any of em in the first team. 
So yes, good idea

15 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

But Moore has gone from tactically poor to a tactical genius this season. Plenty of Apologists last week shouting this. 

Make your minds up.

If only everyone was as consistent as you.

All you have ever done on this site is moan about every single manager we've had.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Morepork said:

When asked about conceding more goals from crosses. This was Moore's response to being asked about the continued failure to solve this problem.

It's hardly a surprise that we continue to see almost carbon copy goals if this is how he views it. Unforgivable really.

The best way to defend crosses from open play is to not let the Oppo get a cross in.

5 goals conceded, all from crosses from our left.

Play Palmer there until we can get a decent left back, and cut out the crosses.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

So your concerned if he doesn’t say it needs addressing.

And your also concerned if he has said it needs addressing. 

Thanks for that.

Totally missed my point.

I’m concerned by the number of times he’s said it needs addressing…… 😂

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Pieman said:

Not debating the OP, but one thing always strikes me in this day and age, which is the venom aimed at managers. At the end of the day, footballers are the ones who have to head and kick it. They have brains, they have experience, they make their own decisions on the pitch. 

We can talk formations all day long. Players have to stop crosses coming into the box. Johnson doesn’t. Defenders have to win headers in our 6 yard box, Iorfa doesn’t. There are others that carry some responsibility, Henegan getting pulled towards the ball, Stockdale not being a threat on corners…

But, the manager is 100% to blame.

Henegan has some of best defensive  statistics in the division last season. Ihiekwe named in team of season last year. Come To SWFC and suddenly can’t defend. Players or coaching staff to blame? Your call. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markowl said:

If only everyone was as consistent as you.

All you have ever done on this site is moan about every single manager we've had.

Wouldn't mind a quid for every time he's used the word 'apologist' in the last decade or so. The predictability of the tone is tedious in the extreme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Henegan has some of best defensive  statistics in the division last season. Ihiekwe named in team of season last year. Come To SWFC and suddenly can’t defend. Players or coaching staff to blame? Your call. 

Both.

I never shirked my responsibilities on a football pitch for 33 consecutive years. Never walked off and thought, it was the managers fault I got caught ball watching…