"Let's not make this into a problem that it is not"

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

When asked about conceding more goals from crosses. Moore's response to being asked about the continued failure to solve this problem.

It's hardly a surprise that we continue to see almost carbon copy goals if this is how he views it. Unforgivable really.

Can only assume you haven’t listened

Because he does say it needs addressing, but it’s not the same issue as last season (which Staton was saying it was)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Because he does say it needs addressing, but it’s not the same issue as last season (which Staton was saying it was)

I watched the match, I've seen us concede this goal countless times so whilst Staton was annoying the sh!t out of me he was correct in that regard. Set pieces was only part of it. 

The comment above is from Dom's post match report. If he says it does need addressing that doesn't make me feel any better because we've heard that countless times also.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 7

Just now, McRightSide said:

Exactly we have not conceeded any goals from a set peice in 5 games so far.

Think when they looked at Pompey game the pinpointed iorfa as cause and dropped him, result in two clean sheets in league.  Never looked in danger tonight from crosses until iorfa came on.  We need a new center back to play LCB as Ihiekwe should be on right 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I watched the match, I've seen us concede this goal countless times so whilst Staton was annoying the sh!t out of me he was correct in that regard. Set pieces was only part of it. 

The comment above is from Dom's post match report. If he says it does need addressing that doesn't make me feel any better because we've heard that countless times also.

maybe listen to it then

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not debating the OP, but one thing always strikes me in this day and age, which is the venom aimed at managers. At the end of the day, footballers are the ones who have to head and kick it. They have brains, they have experience, they make their own decisions on the pitch. 

We can talk formations all day long. Players have to stop crosses coming into the box. Johnson doesn’t. Defenders have to win headers in our 6 yard box, Iorfa doesn’t. There are others that carry some responsibility, Henegan getting pulled towards the ball, Stockdale not being a threat on corners…

But, the manager is 100% to blame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most of the goals this season seem to be coming initially from a lack of urgency in closing down the initial cross and just sticking a leg out and hoping for best. Surely Moore should see this and if Johnson doesn't want to close down properly and like his life depends on it - drop him or sign a better left wing back who can do what a left wing back needs to do  - attack AND defend.

Palmer in the past had this problem, but maybe if Johnson looks at how Palmer closes down crosses it would help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Whether its conceding from set pieces or conceding from crosses into the box, the issue IS the same as last season. Our inability to defend balls into our box. 

The issue is Dominic Iorfa