BBC fan vote: all-time Premier League XI

For the Gerrard,  Scholes,  Lampard debate I guess it depends on the team you pick and formation/balance or if you're picking on just purely the best players/ most successful players. 

I did it and had Salah over Ronaldo and Vidic over Terry but the same team otherwise 

To be fair to Ronaldo - that season where Man U won the European Cup he was unplayable. Probably the best season any attacking player's ever had in the Premiership. 

I think he used to be even money with most bookies for anytime goalscorer cos he was just nailed on to score every time. Frighteningly good.

24 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

To be fair to Ronaldo - that season where Man U won the European Cup he was unplayable. Probably the best season any attacking player's ever had in the Premiership. 

I think he used to be even money with most bookies for anytime goalscorer cos he was just nailed on to score every time. Frighteningly good.

He was class that season. Best individual season for me was Suarez’s in the Gerrard arse slip season 

4 minutes ago, markg said:

He was class that season. Best individual season for me was Suarez’s in the Gerrard arse slip season 

Close call.

Ronaldo edges it for me though, albeit I was watching more football in those days so saw more of him.

He was a monster that year. Merits a place in the all time team for me. 

7 hours ago, kilnhurstowl said:

What about Brian Dean 🤣🤣

OMG, the mere fact that Brian Dean has been mentioned, albeit sarcastically, in a thread about the 'BBC fan vote: all-time Premier League XI' means it will deffo get an entry on the Blunt's Honours Board!

WTF:

• Haha 1

Paul Scholes has to be in there - by far the best attack minded midfielder the game has had since Paul Gascgoine. There's a reason why Xavi and Zinedine Zidane were so full of praise for him, and why Inter would have broken the transfer record to purchase him

Defence wise, there is absolutely no way Rio Ferdinand gets ahead of Nemanja Vidic in an all time XI, no way. Vidic and Stam are by far the best two centre halves that Manchester United have had in the Premier League. I'd even argue Sol Campbell was a better centre half than Rio. 

Had Stam stayed longer at Manchester United in the PL, he'd probably be the first defender on everyones list. A fantastic centre half 

22 hours ago, katie melua said:

Paul Scholes has to be in there - by far the best attack minded midfielder the game has had since Paul Gascgoine. There's a reason why Xavi and Zinedine Zidane were so full of praise for him, and why Inter would have broken the transfer record to purchase him

Defence wise, there is absolutely no way Rio Ferdinand gets ahead of Nemanja Vidic in an all time XI, no way. Vidic and Stam are by far the best two centre halves that Manchester United have had in the Premier League. I'd even argue Sol Campbell was a better centre half than Rio. 

Had Stam stayed longer at Manchester United in the PL, he'd probably be the first defender on everyones list. A fantastic centre half 

I always rated Sol, but always found it interesting that Shearer often described him as the weak link that he would usually target

5 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Always suprises me Neville gets in these, luck of playing for Man Utd at the right time I guess. 

Certainly dont think he was really any better than Dixon, Watson, Petrescu or Lauren of his contemporaries 

I thought he was a class above all of those. Brilliant defender. 

16 minutes ago, markg said:

I thought he was a class above all of those. Brilliant defender. 

Maybe its just a long time ago, but throughout the 90s when Man Utd turned up i expected a win, didnt really rate their defence. 

On the other hand Arsenal i always expected a defeat their defence seemed like an impregnable wall. 

Obviously neither on a par with Nilsson though lol