Upcoming book about SWFC in the mid-80s

48 minutes ago, alleycat said:

Would love you to write a stand-alone book about the 83/84 season.

I did consider making it a promotion then first two years back book. Soon found that it would end up way too long. 

Will have a rest after this one, then think about what if anything to do next. 

Depends (partly) on how this one does, and the reaction it gets 🙂

23 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Only in outline... Think that one and 79/80 probably deserve books of their own.

Writing the 1983/84 season book was my retirement project but prob never get to retire so won't happen!

Have to say, Our Lowest Ebb was a great book, very atmospheric and reflective of that era. Really enjoyed it. Recommended for any Wednesday fan, including those under 50 and especially those who thought last season was a disappointment. 

The 1984 to 86 book is already on pre-order.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Since 1971 said:

Writing the 1983/84 season book was my retirement project but prob never get to retire so won't happen!

Have to say, Our Lowest Ebb was a great book, very atmospheric and reflective of that era. Really enjoyed it. Recommended for any Wednesday fan, including those under 50 and especially those who thought last season was a disappointment. 

The 1984 to 86 book is already on pre-order.

Thank you very much! I hope that you enjoy the new one just as much as Our Lowest Ebb. 

And, I think you should crack on with the 83/84 one whenever you can. I felt that there was a gap in the market for books like this. There are the (excellent) official histories, there are autobiographies, but there was not so much covering things from lots of angles. Definitely room for a few more!

Guest Jack the Hat

Great. I'm going to buy the Lowest Ebb and read it on holiday in August. I only ever read on holiday these days so now I'm going to have to book another holiday to read the second book. 

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Great. I'm going to buy the Lowest Ebb and read it on holiday in August. I only ever read on holiday these days so now I'm going to have to book another holiday to read the second book. 

Brilliant - hope you enjoy the book and (both) holidays!