Tonight its.....Viera

This is pure speculation however...

Watching the Vieira incident a few times and initially he seems to accept the idiot being in his face and giving him the finger etc - then something happens to make him lash out

Was something said that he wasn't gonna let go?

I dunno - was it too personal or racist?

Has anything else emerged about what happened?

Just seemed a bit odd especially as he still had a distance to go to clear the pitch and marauding fans

2 minutes ago, scram said:

This is pure speculation however...

Watching the Vieira incident a few times and initially he seems to accept the idiot being in his face and giving him the finger etc - then something happens to make him lash out

Was something said that he wasn't gonna let go?

I dunno - was it too personal or racist?

Has anything else emerged about what happened?

Just seemed a bit odd especially as he still had a distance to go to clear the pitch and marauding fans

However, your case for the defence is gaining momentum.

Matter of time before something major happens. 

It’s now time for zero tolerance. Just start arresting anyone that goes onto the pitch. Immediate 3 year ban. Start using CCTV. People running on because there is no consequence. 

Obviously not everyone can get arrested, but something now has to give. 

• Like 3

Appears the City's fans gripe with Olsen is that he wasted time...

Call it a hunch, but I reckon most opposition goalkeepers do that at the Etihad. 

Edited by SiJ

The Sharp/Forest incident has just opened the floodgates by the looks of it. 

Every time there's a pitch invasion now the local knuckle draggers will see it as losing face to the knoobs from other clubs if they don't have a pop at an opposite. 

As already mentioned time for zero tolerance and ban/issue big fines to those entering the pitch before some tail does serious harm.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scram said:

City win the title in amazing circumstances and in all that unbridled joy some melt decides to attack an opposition player

WTF?!?!

I thought City's response was f*cking pathetic also tbh

What was their response? I haven't seen it.

I went on the pitch back in 2012 and that's the only time. 

Not once did it cross my mind to approach the Wycombe players. In fact, I didn't go near our players and the mob who were surrounding them. 

I'd never do it again though. 

• Thanks 1

Personally I don't understand the 'buzz' of running on the pitch....unless your a dog thats been let off the lead.

Imagine grabbing the nets and getting your kids to climb on them.  It really is s@@t for brains behaviour.  There was a girl about 7 shinnying along the crossbar, live on sky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Personally I don't understand the 'buzz' of running on the pitch....unless your a dog thats been let off the lead.

Imagine grabbing the nets and getting your kids to climb on them.  It really is s@@t for brains behaviour.  There was a girl about 7 shinnying along the crossbar, live on sky.

Tbh, I didn't know what to do. 

I have a bit of a thing about personnel space anyway, so the idea of joining thousands of people trying to get to our players was never going to appeal. 

I stood around for a bit, clapped the Wycombe fans for some reason (like I'd been playing) and then f*cked off after about 10 minutes in order to get to the pub. 

10 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

No I get it. Just adrenalin and elation when your team win something big.

I will never get fans who run on the pitch having won a play off semi final though. Happens all the time, like Forest last week. They could well go lose at Wembley. They've won nothing yet!

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

No I get it. Just adrenalin and elation when your team win something big.

I will never get fans who run on the pitch having won a play off semi final though. Happens all the time, like Forest last week. They could well go lose at Wembley. They've won nothing yet!

Promotion or a title win is fair enough. 

I wouldn't do it now, but I can get that. 

As you say though: why would you run onto the pitch for winning a semi final? Even with how dramatic the Forest victory was. 

We didn't invade the pitch against Brighton away (why would we?) and even then I thought we overdid it a bit with the celebrations. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbh, I didn't know what to do. 

I have a bit of a thing about personnel space anyway, so the idea of joining thousands of people trying to get to our players was never going to appeal. 

I stood around for a bit, clapped the Wycombe fans for some reason (like I'd been playing) and then f*cked off after about 10 minutes in order to get to the pub. 

After the Wycombe game I was really pissed off after cos nobody would give the players any space to do a lap of honour.  The Wednesday fans were singing get the b off the pitch.

I did run on the pitch in 1991 when we beat Chelsea to get to the League Cup final.  Got about 20 yards in, waved my hands then turned around and went back on the stand.

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

After the Wycombe game I was really pissed off after cos nobody would give the players any space to do a lap of honour.  The Wednesday fans were singing get the b off the pitch.

I did run on the pitch in 1991 when we beat Chelsea to get to the League Cup final.  Got about 20 yards in, waved my hands then turned around and went back on the stand.

Yeah, I just think it's got to be pretty terrifying, even if you are a home player. 

Got thousands of people running towards you, trying to grab hold of you. 

As I said, I stayed well clear and got off the pitch pretty quickly. 

Today, you see City fans clipping Olsen around the back of the head, trashing their own goalposts. This to celebrate winning another PL title in dramatic circumstances? Bizarre. 

45 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

What was their response? I haven't seen it.

I only heard it on radio but it was along the lines of the club will be looking at the footage and if identified the fan would be banned indefinitely

When it should have been along the lines of the fan would be banned from all city games for life (or receiving City tickets) and anybody helping them receive tickets would receive a similar ban and also they would be sharing all their footage and identity with the police and looking for prosecution

I think we're now at the stage where cctv must identify any fans going on the pitch with a mandatory lifetime ban - and if that is hundreds then so be it

• Love 1

For people saying "why did so and so stay out when they could have run down the tunnel" - we'll i'l tell you from my perspective as somebody who has been in that position at an away ground when the home fans invaded at the final whistle

Well, firstly you want to ensure your players get to safety - and when there are hundreds of fans on the pitch its difficult to see - so you wander out as best you can to look for them

Literally every player and member of staff that got to the tunnel waited t see if others had made it - we were literally doing a head count and let me tell you it's f*cking terrifying. Has a player been attacked, has a player fallen in the melee and got trampled on - you just don't know but need to find out

Thankfully the invasion was reasonably good natured and mischievous so no harm was done but it was extremely worrying and unpleasant

• Thanks 1