Tonight its.....Viera

13 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Why was Vieira even there though? Final whistle goes, he's already next to the tunnel, yet when the fans come on he walks 50 yards onto the pitch. 

13 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Palace’s dressing room was in the corner he was walking towards according to Lampard. 

Correct the away dressing rooms there are in the car park on the other side of the ground from the tunnel/dugouts. The away team have to cross the pitch.

Everton failed to provide protection for Viera and his players in that situation.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

And he'd be right

The first people to cry about how the police manage football are the old football hooligans who started it all off in the first place

Well that’s nonsense. I’m not a hooligan and I hate the way the police treat the majority of fans like they are criminals, including the constant filming of supporters etc. 

There is an idiotic minority but sadly they will be used to roll out draconian measures. 

Imagine thinking it would be a good idea to taunt Patrick Viera :duntmatter:

Can tell the lad who did it ain't that old (late teens/early 20s) and didn't watch Patrick Viera as a player. 

Eddie Howe likely to get a rough ride tomorrow too - he's really not liked at Burnley and when their fans invade the pitch it's a bit of a trek from the dugouts to the dressing room

Something will have to happen to prevent this because somebody will get seriously hurt soon

25 minutes ago, scram said:

Eddie Howe likely to get a rough ride tomorrow too - he's really not liked at Burnley and when their fans invade the pitch it's a bit of a trek from the dugouts to the dressing room

Something will have to happen to prevent this because somebody will get seriously hurt soon

Yeah, you do wonder where this all ends. 

I mean the Sharp one could have been much, much more serious given he was effectively running headbutted. 

Pitch invasions have been going on for donkeys, but it is the fact that fans now seem desperate to goad, attack opposition players and staff so they can get a few views on tiktok. 

33 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, you do wonder where this all ends. 

I mean the Sharp one could have been much, much more serious given he was effectively running headbutted. 

Pitch invasions have been going on for donkeys, but it is the fact that fans now seem desperate to goad, attack opposition players and staff so they can get a few views on tiktok. 

I'll be honest after this week, how long before someone gets seriously injured?

4 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

I'll be honest after this week, how long before someone gets seriously injured?

I'm amazed Sharp wasn't more seriously injured.

A running headbutt on a bloke who didn't even see it coming?

It's not an exaggeration to say that could have killed him.

The moron who did that is lucky Sharp's injuries were as minor as they were.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm amazed Sharp wasn't more seriously injured.

A running headbutt on a bloke who didn't even see it coming?

It's not an exaggeration to say that could have killed him.

The moron who did that is lucky Sharp's injuries were as minor as they were.

Yep, could have been disastrous. It's just not safe to have that menu loons invading the pitch.

The lad who did it, is from the town I grew up in as well.

Edited by Maddogbob

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Ilkeston? I wonder if he learned his running headbutt move on his nights out there?

:duntmatter:

It's one hell of a place is ilson.

I'd get a flying headbutt just for having a slightly different accent.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I've only been on one night out there.

It was enough.

If you arn't from "there" it can be a bad idea. I used to go out up there now and then with my younger brother, alot of folks knew him and was ok with the main faces in the town. 

I'm talking maybe 10-15 years ago.

It's the same with some of the town's that are close by like Ripley, Heanor etc.

My accent is slightly different having lived in different areas, I'd apparently picked up a bit of a chesterfield accent, so it was useful and advisable to have him around. People might think I'm messing about, but it's very very locals only.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

If you arn't from "there" it can be a bad idea. I used to go out up there now and then with my younger brother, alot of folks knew him and was ok with the main faces in the town. 

I'm talking maybe 10-15 years ago.

It's the same with some of the town's that are close by like Ripley, Heanor etc.

My accent is slightly different having lived in different areas, I'd apparently picked up a bit of a chesterfield accent, so it was useful and advisable to have him around. People might think I'm messing about, but it's very very locals only.

Yeah, that was very much the vibe I got.

Didn't seem friendly at all, and I was delighted to get home without any trouble.

Edited by Maddogbob

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, that was very much the vibe I got.

Didn't seem friendly at all, and I was delighted to get home without any trouble.

It's not as a general rule, or wasn't (like I say this was about 10 years ago). 

Oddly, if I leave the gold coast, I'll be swapping it for Ilkeston. 

Long and short, I wasn't overly surprised it was an Ilkeston based forest fan at fault.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

Should do in any new place which my mums uncle Joe (my great uncle obvs) used to do. 

He was a bit of a nutter and would go into any pub get a pint,  down if and then turn his glass upside down. This meant he would fight anybody that wanted to take him on

He did this in the toughest pubs around Barnsley and the pit villages and. He was extremely tough so either never lost or more usually nobody would take him on. 

He lied about his age to go to war and served in The Battle of Jutland at 15 and became very violent Probably now we would recognise PTSD and he may have got help. 

Curiously he was from a large family who otherwise were all gentle peaceful souls but because of him the family had a fearsome reputation. 

TL:DR

Front it out. Others think you're either tough as nails or mad

And they don't wanna mess with either

Edited by scram
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, scram said:

Should do in any new place which my mums uncle Joe (my great uncle obvs) used to do. 

He was a bit of a nutter and would go into any pub get a pint,  down if and then turn his glass upside down. This meant he would fight anybody that wanted to take him on

He did this in the toughest pubs around Barnsley and the pit villages and. He was extremely tough so either never lost or more usually nobody would take him on. 

He lied about his age to go to war and served in The Battle of Jutland at 15 and became very violent Probably now we would recognise PTSD and he may have got help. 

Curiously he was from a large family who otherwise were all gentle peaceful souls but because of him the family had a fearsome reputation. 

TL:DR

Front it out. Others think you're either tough as nails or mad

And they don't wanna mess with either

You don't mess with crazy... 

On 21/05/2022 at 09:12, Maddogbob said:

It's not as a general rule, or wasn't (like I say this was about 10 years ago). 

Oddly, if I leave the gold coast, I'll be swapping it for Ilkeston. 

Long and short, I wasn't overly surprised it was an Ilkeston based forest fan at fault.

Lived in Ilson for 24 years, and parents still do so I'm there at least a couple of weekends a month. 

Not had a night out up there for aaaaages but that's mainly due to a lack of decent pubs than anything. I don't have an ilson or midlands accent and never felt threatened, though have deffo seen more booze-related aggro than in Notts.