Tonight its.....Viera

Can't blame him at all. Some cocky little scruff videoing him for 10 seconds, rodding him and calling him god knows what, he did well to keep his cool for that long to be honest. And good on the Everton fans ushering him away and putting their arms around him to get him out of there. Goes to show it's only the minority who act up and play the idiot, but that'll be enough to bring heavy punishments back. Teams will be behind closed doors soon for any pitch invasion, only way to stop it happening really. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

It’s so annoying because you will get anti football tails like police chief Mark Roberts saying “I told you we can’t trust football fans to behave”, and that will impact all of us. 

And he'd be right

The first people to cry about how the police manage football are the old football hooligans who started it all off in the first place

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

How many assaults have we now seen this week? It's almost like normalised behaviour.

Absolutely stupid behaviour. What's wrong with celebrating with ya mates in the stands and the pub afterwards?

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

How many assaults have we now seen this week? It's almost like normalised behaviour.

Absolutely stupid behaviour. What's wrong with celebrating with ya mates in the stands and the pub afterwards?

The culture of Britain has changed

We're now living in a country where hate is normalised, where Brexit has caused conflict and where drug use has escalated

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The culture of Britain has changed

We're now living in a country where hate is normalised, where Brexit has caused conflict and where drug use has escalated

I just think the rule of authority has been misplaced. For to long, people have got away with things. 

It's odd as I was leaving the UK, I just noticed how angry folks seemed all the time, it's like something switched. It's like they had just lost respect for themselves and those around them.

If I compare it to here (and I'm having my own troubles with employment etc, but outside that) people are so different. Respect one another, help each other, so chilled out. You honestly don't realise till your out of it.

It's actually a complete mind fizz, how different it is. I've not once seen someone lose it.

Something definitely isn't right in the UK right now and I'm potentially flying back into it.

Edited by Maddogbob

We have seen this sort of the behaviour on the horizon for some time now.  Decent folk have been mentioning it on Owlstalk for most of the season, yet some people felt the need to have a go at them, told them they were talking rubbish and come out with stupid comments like, 'This is nowt like the 70's', or, 'It is just the same as it has always been.'

The fans are going to be the ones that suffer - more stewards and more police = higher costs for the clubs which will mean higher ticket prices or reduced capacities.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Took me a few loops to even notice the state of the kid, after being distracted by the Proclaimer and Scouse Granny Dickfingers.

Horrible isn't it, the sheer hate in the eyes.

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Some people have gone feral through the lockdowns. It's across society I'm afraid, it's just that football is covered in the media. They don't cover City centres on a weekend or show what schools deal with on a daily basis. Same with the NHS emergency departments and shops and basically anywhere the public in general go. We are seeing a lowering of values and behaviour across the board. Some say it comes from the top, others say it comes from the bottom. Not wanting to get political though, but summat has to be done cos its only going in one direction. 

Yep totally agree. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

Why would he film himself acting, unprovoked, like an absolute tool to another person and then post it for the world to see?

The mixture of having a camera phone and being absolute pondlife is like a new culture… it’s like ‘entertainment’ and a new way of actually living for bellends like this. 

The phone/filming element of being a bellend is like the cherry on the cake to the bellends. 

Too many people now think there are zero consequences to their action and they can do as they please. 

Think it's part down to social media and how it conditions people to think they do/say anything and they'll be no repercussions. Eventually, that transmits itself into real life and you have idiots storming the pitch and verbally/physically attacking footballers, managers etc. 

Not wanting to turn this thread political, but I suppose when you've got a PM who seems to have zero respect for the law, then is it such a surprise that it ends up trickling down? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

And he'd be right

The first people to cry about how the police manage football are the old football hooligans who started it all off in the first place

The ones in mid 50's who make nudge nudge reference to when we "took over the home end or pub" or ran some fans etc. Then ask the hoolies of the other club who tell a different story.

Tedious as fizz.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

The ones in mid 50's who make nudge nudge reference to when we "took over the home end or pub" or ran some fans etc. Then ask the hoolies of the other club who tell a different story.

Tedious as fizz.

And always the first to try and tell you football is overpoliced when they themselves are the ones who caused it

So dull

Absolute dullards

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

And he'd be right

Totally. 

I was at a non league game earlier this season.Stood watching it with my cousin and some of his mates, this season this club has suddenly got a "firm"(mostly those banned from local league clubs, apparently) Well it kicked off at this game. I've never heard anything like it, guys in the mid/late 40s and 50s talking about how great it is and its that the "youngsters are coming through". Its a weird subculture that I don't understand.

My cousin isn't entirely innocent, when i was walking out him with he said about it, to which I replied, its not my thing at all. The reply came of its important though that people know they can't come here and take the ********, else they'll get a slap...

I've definitely noticed this season at this level, wat more abused aimed at players, numerous times smoke bombs end up on the pitch, and reports of trouble at games(i'm talking about this non league not Wednesday, just so no one is confused).

• Like 1