Tonight its.....Viera

3 minutes ago, trev said:

Cages will be coming back.

Awesome.

I don't think there's any way cages will be reintroduced in this country.

Something needs to change to prevent these kind of situations, though. It seems like every key end of season match at every level is being marred by supporters running into the pitch and attacking players/managers.

Quite what might make them stop, I honestly don't know. 

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't think there's any way cages will be reintroduced in this country.

Something needs to change to prevent these kind of situations, though. It seems like every key end of season match at every level is being marred by supporters running into the pitch and attacking players/managers.

Quite what might make them stop, I honestly don't know. 

Snipers on the top of the stands......  🤪

Seriously though...  i dont recall seeing any police during these invasions....  where are they and where are those feckin nasty alsations they have...  let the dogs loose on em....

Personally I don't have a problem with Viera doing that. I'm old fashioned and am quite happy to see people getting their comeuppance. I believe the modern parlance is 'f#### around, find out'. Law of the playground innit? Mess with someone bigger than you and you get it back. Viera did nothing wrong until that bellsniff had a go at him. It wouldn't have happened to me because I wouldn't have done that, but I'll feel the repercussions of it,, we all will next season I fear. There's a big brush covered in tar hanging over us and nobody is gonna stop us from getting covered. We're all hooligans now because we follow a football team. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

Snipers on the top of the stands......  🤪

Seriously though...  i dont recall seeing any police during these invasions....  where are they and where are those feckin nasty alsations they have...  let the dogs loose on em....

There no scope for that with these government cutbacks.

Just fit every football fan with a Running Man style necklace and prime the pitch perimeter...

• Like 1

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

Some fans have gone feral through the lockdowns. 

Some people have gone feral through the lockdowns. It's across society I'm afraid, it's just that football is covered in the media. They don't cover City centres on a weekend or show what schools deal with on a daily basis. Same with the NHS emergency departments and shops and basically anywhere the public in general go. We are seeing a lowering of values and behaviour across the board. Some say it comes from the top, others say it comes from the bottom. Not wanting to get political though, but summat has to be done cos its only going in one direction. 

• Like 5

What's wrong with some people? Why would he film himself acting, unprovoked, like an absolute tool to another person and then post it for the world to see? I guess, like the fireworks video the other week, it's just those lovable cheeky scousers having a laugh so it's OK.

Why was Vieira even there though? Final whistle goes, he's already next to the tunnel, yet when the fans come on he walks 50 yards onto the pitch. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alanharper said:

What's wrong with some people? Why would he film himself acting, unprovoked, like an absolute tool to another person and then post it for the world to see? I guess, like the fireworks video the other week, it's just those lovable cheeky scousers having a laugh so it's OK.

Why was Vieira even there though? Final whistle goes, he's already next to the tunnel, yet when the fans come on he walks 50 yards onto the pitch. 

Palace’s dressing room was in the corner he was walking towards according to Lampard. 

• Like 1

I watched an enthralling portvale swindon match last night, after the pens the vale fans streamed onto the playing area and a section made for the swindon players in the middle of the pitch where theyd gathered for the penalties and you could see the punches being exchanged, swindon had a former vale lad playing from last season, Mckirdy and he seemed to be the target, looked very tasty for a few minutes, no protection a complete free for all.

Announcements were audible toward the end to stay off the pitch, around 1500 or so came on, some pelted the swindon fans who could be seen covering their heads and faces, this despite police protection in front of that end.

Its sad to see these scenes, no doubt the remedy will be hefty fines and possibly closures of fan areas.