1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

You know what I mean.

We are better focusing now in younger players with resale value. This season was our gamble with an older squad - hunt, hutch, bannan, Gregory, dean, nml etc. it hasn’t worked sadly.  It’s time to move on and build a younger , smaller squad 

Agreed.

15 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

That may well be Gibson, only reason i can think why the loan wasnt terminated in January. 

Moore does seem to have persevered with Gibson. Whether that's because no other left footed options available in our circumstances (with restrictions) this summer will tell. 

He's a risk though to allocate any more budget too, considering his woeful injury record.

18 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

We do need a left sided CB, yes, and another with genuine aerial presence and on League 1 wages. Storey doesn't fit either profile for me and wages could be a problem anyway.

Dean is a good player but again would likely be outside sensible league 1 wages. His age and latter day injury revord against him too. 

I think we should be looking elsewhere.

Fair points, but disagree about Storey. He's been integral to our second half of the season revival since he came into the defence and was a near ever present.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Fair points, but disagree about Storey. He's been integral to our second half of the season revival since he came into the defence and was a near ever present.

Yeah fair enough. My only concern with Storey is that he's not especially dominant in the air so we'd need someone  who is alongside. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yeah fair enough. My only concern with Storey is that he's not especially dominant in the air so we'd need someone  who is alongside. 

Agree, all about balance in the back three. At this level we aren't going to get three players who can do it all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vulva said:

No bigger fan of Bannan than me, but for his sake and ours at times, I’d be tempted to let him go and have his day in the sunshine. He deserves it. I’d then use his wage to secure Dean. And make him captain. 

I think if Forest gets promoted they might have a punt on signing Bannan.

21 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yeah fair enough. My only concern with Storey is that he's not especially dominant in the air so we'd need someone who is alongside. 

Preston said weeks ago they want him back