No bigger fan of Bannan than me, but for his sake and ours at times, I’d be tempted to let him go and have his day in the sunshine. He deserves it. I’d then use his wage to secure Dean. And make him captain. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vulva said:

No bigger fan of Bannan than me, but for his sake and ours at times, I’d be tempted to let him go and have his day in the sunshine. He deserves it. I’d then use his wage to secure Dean. And make him captain. 

True, he's the best player in that League but he's had two failed semis and a final with us, so maybe time to move on much as I love him.

Edited by Mus

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

No way.

he isn’t getting any younger, he has been injured a fair bit in this short loan spell and will have no resale value whatsoever.

Inclined to agree; good player so maybe a max 12 month deal and possibly a 12 month option but only on League 1 wages. These are terms he won't accept I'm  sure though.

Scour lower leagues for a mid 20 something. Someone with real aerial presence. 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

We'd be swapping a 32 year old for a 31 year old who's  had an injury plagued time with us so its a no from me. Doubt Dean would sign for league 1 wages anyway which is what we should cap any offer at.

I can see the case for freeing Bannan's  wages up although apparently the oft quoted £27k a week is way wide of the mark.

Considering his age, availability and contribution, my priority would be to sign Storey. 

Whether Dean beyond us financially more than likely. Also think Moore will be desperate to sign a left footed CB, which will be high on his priority list.

Edited by striker

28 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

No way.

he isn’t getting any younger, he has been injured a fair bit in this short loan spell and will have no resale value whatsoever.

So we don’t sign players who aren’t getting any younger?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Mus said:

True, he's the best player in that League but he's had two failed semis and a final with us, so maybe time to move on much as I love him.

If he leaves, we probably won't have to worry about the failed semi finals and finals anymore

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Considering his age, availability and contribute, my priority would be to sign Storey. 

Whether Dean beyond is financially more than likely. Also think Moore will be desperate to sign a left footed CB, which will be high on his priority list.

We do need a left sided CB, yes, and another with genuine aerial presence and on League 1 wages. Storey doesn't fit either profile for me and wages could be a problem anyway.

Dean is a good player but again would likely be outside sensible league 1 wages. His age and latter day injury revord against him too. 

I think we should be looking elsewhere.

Wouldn't bother with him unfortunately. Played about 6 games during his loan spell and he's been here 4 months. He's been decent when he's played, but i'd rather focus on an option who maybe has some value to resell in the future and on half his wages. Dean wouldn't be cheap for his wages and we could bring in 2 league 1 centre backs for that who have played all season

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Considering his age, availability and contribution, my priority would be to sign Storey. 

Whether Dean beyond us financially more than likely. Also think Moore will be desperate to sign a left footed CB, which will be high on his priority list.

That may well be Gibson, only reason i can think why the loan wasnt terminated in January. 

• Like 2

Just now, BIG D said:

So we don’t sign players who aren’t getting any younger?

You know what I mean.

We are better focusing now in younger players with resale value. This season was our gamble with an older squad - hunt, hutch, bannan, Gregory, dean, nml etc. it hasn’t worked sadly.  It’s time to move on and build a younger , smaller squad 

• Like 1