Congratulations Cameron Dawson

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, markg said:

Can’t see him leaving. Wildsmith is out of contract too so can’t see us bringing in two new keepers assuming we don’t keep bpf 

This is the point though. If we thought he was good enough for a League 1 campaign, he would have been our first choice.

We loaned another keeper instead. 

1 minute ago, Theboylangers said:

Indeed. 

He will be a great League 2, or eventually League 1 goalkeeper.

Where we are going (to the Championship), he will never be at that level. As we saw last season. 

Last season is history. This season trumps it...... and he's on a long contract with us. Exeter fans rave about him and apparently their coaching team really rate him. Even with promotion  they know that they can't afford his wages though. This season seems to have done him the world of good.

Goal keeping is a unique position, great in league 2 but never will be at championship level doesnt make sense.

If he does come back I suspect though that knives will be sharpened with some ready to pounce at the slightest error. Personally I look forward  to seeing him in our goal now that the Westwood circus has long departed.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Last season is history. This season trumps it...... and he's on a long contract with us. Exeter fans rave about him and apparently their coaching team really rate him. Even with promotion  they know that they can't afford his wages though. This season seems to have done him the world of good.

Goal keeping is a unique position, great in league 2 but never will be at championship level doesnt make sense.

If he does come back I suspect though that knives will be sharpened with some ready to pounce at the slightest error. Personally I look forward  to seeing him in our goal now that the Westwood circus has long departed.

I personally don't want to see him first choice for us. As per previous post, we loaned another young keeper in for our promotion campaign. 

Exeter may rate him, not sure Moore does. 

But in the unlikely event that he does become our first choice goalie, I wish him every success. 

4 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

This is the point though. If we thought he was good enough for a League 1 campaign, he would have been our first choice.

Cos he was shot of confidence and needed a season without the pressure.

He’s now got a whole season as a commanding keeper under his belt. He’ll be a different player once he comes back here.

No way we get BPF back regardless of the league we’re in. Wildsmith ain’t getting a new contract and we’re not gonna go and waste money signing two keepers if we have a, potential, number one here.

• Like 2

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, FlyingOwl said:

Cos he was shot of confidence and needed a season without the pressure.

He’s now got a whole season as a commanding keeper under his belt. He’ll be a different player once he comes back here.

No way we get BPF back regardless of the league we’re in. Wildsmith ain’t getting a new contract and we’re not gonna go and waste money signing two keepers if we have a, potential, number one here.

So what happens if he 'gets shot of confidence' again? Whilst playing for us? Can he take the pressure? 

9 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I agree.

I just think that if Wildsmith and BPF both go, then we'd keep Dawson and sign another first choice keeper.

If BPF does stay and we pay money for him, then I can't see us spending more money on a back up when we already have Dawson under contract.

• Like 1

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, markg said:

I agree.

I just think that if Wildsmith and BPF both go, then we'd keep Dawson and sign another first choice keeper.

If BPF does stay and we pay money for him, then I can't see us spending more money on a back up when we already have Dawson under contract.

It's a fair point and if I'm honest, a bit of a conundrum. 

I suppose it will depend on which league we're in. 

1 minute ago, Theboylangers said:

It's a fair point and if I'm honest, a bit of a conundrum. 

I suppose it will depend on which league we're in. 

Yeah, guess so. I wonder how much Burnley would want for BPF if we want him

• Like 1

Some of the posts on here. Sly jabs at one of our own keepers who's had a great season out on loan.

The whole point in him going out on loan was A: Match fitness and B: build confidence. 

I think we can assume both of those demands have been fulfilled. He sounds a different player from the one who left us a year ago.

I for one, would love to see him back, regardless of whether we are in league one or the championship.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I personally don't want to see him first choice for us. As per previous post, we loaned another young keeper in for our promotion campaign. 

Exeter may rate him, not sure Moore does. 

But in the unlikely event that he does become our first choice goalie, I wish him every success. 

Ok opinions differ. 

Suspect though that he'll come back a better more confident player when he returns...... especially without the Westwood  circus hanging around.

I'd hope and expect that Moore and his team will have been keeping an eye on his progress at Exeter and judge him on the now, not history. Players improve. Sounds like he has in spades.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

Some of the posts on here. Sly jabs at one of our own keepers who's had a great season out on loan.

The whole point in him going out on loan was A: Match fitness and B: build confidence. 

I think we can assume both of those demands have been fulfilled. He sounds a different player from the one who left us a year ago.

I for one, would love to see him back, regardless of whether we are in league one or the championship.

Spot on. I wonder too just how much the majority of posters on here have seen of Dawson this term. 

21 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

That was 1 year ago. 

He's played 40 odd games since then and been Exeter's stand out player in their promotion season. 

If we're in L1 next season, I reckon he'll be given a shot here. 

• Like 1

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, kristmace said:

That was 1 year ago. 

He's played 40 odd games since then and been Exeter's stand out player in their promotion season. 

If we're in L1 next season, I reckon he'll be given a shot here. 

Correct. If we are in League 1. 

But that's not our aspiration.