Other clubs forums

8 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

😂 I had a nice humbling experience in Iceland last week. An Icelandic man asked me who I supported. MK Dons I Said, he just turned to me and said “I’ve never heard of them” about right 

You don't need to go that far , most in uk have never heard of them

• Haha 1

@BetterCallSaulDo you think because of the catchment area that when the club moved they thought the crowds would be bigger? Problem I see is if you live in MK and support Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, Man Utd , Liverpool etc you still are going to support these big clubs as that's the reason you support them in the first place a bit of glory.

Just now, Birstall Owl said:

@BetterCallSaulDo you think because of the catchment area that when the club moved they thought the crowds would be bigger? Problem I see is if you live in MK and support Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, Man Utd , Liverpool etc you still are going to support these big clubs as that's the reason you support them in the first place a bit of glory.

I think that has been true for basically our entire history, but you have to look at it in context. Statistically we’ve had the youngest fan base in the country, and the kids are starting to grow up, we are starting to get more and more fans who have only been MK Dons fans as they’ve grown up with them as their team. It will take time, of course. And MK is a London spill over town, but you can see it is starting to develop a good base of young adults who are purely Dons fans like myself.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

@BetterCallSaul

Should luton progress through the play offs and get promoted to the prem would you swap grounds with them. Yours is far too big for you. Kenilworth would be about your level at the minute. 

Luton would need a bigger stadium to accommodate the increase in attendance. 

@BetterCallSaul it would be ironic to see MK Dons relocated against the will of their fans wouldn't it?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, xploreowl said:

So they move to Northampton and become Northampton Dons, you’d support them, not the Mk phoenix club 

Northampton is only 20 mins up the road, it’s not far. I’m reality it doesn’t matter and I don’t care. It happened, it’s not my fault.for my own selfish reasons I’m glad it happened.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Apologies for the Wednesday fans with the big massive chips on their shoulder.

It's going to get incredibly twitchy if we face the prospect of staying in League 1 next season. I hate the thought.

I’ve been on here 10 years it’s all good hahaha. Well if the worst comes to the worst we get to ***** and moan at each other again next season, you’ll always be there or thereabouts