Other clubs forums

I always like to look at other clubs forums in the run up to fixtures against us, it makes me realise how lucky we are to have a brilliant forum that’s really active.

We deserve to beat MK Franchise tomorrow just based on the shear lack of passion on there Concrete Roundabout forum!!
Its possibly one of the biggest fixtures in the clubs history and there’s no thread for tomorrows game, just a short prediction thread, just bland.

Makes me think that there support doesn’t live and breath the club like thousands of Owls do, and that they see it as just summat to do at the weekend . 

This is often the case with a lot of clubs at this level to be fair.

Barely any chatter about the threat we pose.

This often the case with a lot of clubs at this level to be fair.

Thankful that I’m a Wednesday fan even if they go up and we don’t . 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

It is far from one of the biggest fixtures in our history. Yes it’s a big game, but there have been far more important ones. The season will not be defined by tomorrow’s match. Also, you forget you are a much bigger club than us, you’re an established club, we are still growing. We only have a round 7000 season ticket holders and only formed 19 years ago. 

there will be reaction to the game tomorrow, from what I know our fans are all calm about he game, owlstalk seems less so. But I guess if you lose the ramifications are bigger for you than if we lose

Surely you were hoping for more fans by now with a big catchment area? 

Do any Wimbledon fans follow you?

Just now, Quickly Kevin said:

Surely you were hoping for more fans by now with a big catchment area? 

Do any Wimbledon fans follow you?

I think our problem is we ruined our chance of growing the fan base early on by stagnating in league 1 and 2. The talk has always been of promotions and playing at a higher level but one season in the championship does not grow attendances. I must say our fans this season have probably been the best they’ve ever been, especially away from home we are probably taking more away than we ever have. 

some do, but I think it’s only a handful at this point. Myself for example, I was only 7 when Wimbledon came to MK, so it’s all I’ve ever known really.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

It is far from one of the biggest fixtures in our history. Yes it’s a big game, but there have been far more important ones. The season will not be defined by tomorrow’s match. Also, you forget you are a much bigger club than us, you’re an established club, we are still growing. We only have a round 7000 season ticket holders and only formed 19 years ago. 

there will be reaction to the game tomorrow, from what I know our fans are all calm about he game, owlstalk seems less so. But I guess if you lose the ramifications are bigger for you than if we lose

I’d have more respect for Mk Franchise if they had attained the league position in the same way that AFC Wimbledon or Salford did.

That’s why they’ll always be a ground swell of disdain for them in our lifetimes . 

Edited by xploreowl
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I never understood the hostility. Playing at Selhurst Park Wimbledon were going under. The hostility should always have been towards Merton council for not allowing them to stay at Plough Lane. The Football League had to chose between no club or a club moved to MK. Perhaps I've been in America too long.

• Like 3

Live and breathe the club? Really?

I’ve seen Wednesday over 1,000 times but it’s literally just something to do at weekends. Family, friends and relationships are far, far more important than a game of football. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

🤷‍♂️ I mean, Salford aren’t exactly liked for the way they rose through the leagues and AFCW don’t smell of roses either. Luckily I don’t care, I love my team regardless of what others think, I’m sure you’re the same with Wednesday.

Yeah dont think Salford are a comparison to chuck in. Although AFC did it right for me in regards to forming a club and starting non league. MK will be a franchise to me and Ill always dislike em. 

But if you supported MK since you are 7 not much you can do! And its better than supporting a PL club.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Yeah dont think Salford are a comparison to chuck in. Although AFC did it right for me in regards to forming a club and starting non league. MK will be a franchise to me and Ill always dislike em. 

But if you supported MK since you are 7 not much you can do! And its better than supporting a PL club.

fair enough, no problems with that. 

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I get why some people aren’t happy, but I don’t get why people give people like me hate, I was a little kid when Wimbledon moved and my dad bought us a season ticket. As far as I was concerned I was just going to watch my local team, no different to what any of you did when you started supporting your team.

Don’t sweat it mate. While MK don’t have the history they are pretty much just like Wednesday the football pyramid…..insignificant. 

Enjoy going to the games but see it for what it is, a game. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

Don’t sweat it mate. While MK don’t have the history they are pretty much just like Wednesday the football pyramid…..insignificant. 

Enjoy going to the games but see it for what it is, a game. 

😂 I had a nice humbling experience in Iceland last week. An Icelandic man asked me who I supported. MK Dons I Said, he just turned to me and said “I’ve never heard of them” about right 

• Haha 6

@BetterCallSaul,  I'll skip the politics, but will say that I do like to hear what the opposition-Fans think.  Yes, to us Wednesday Fans this game is a big deal,  but to MK Dons Fans it really isn't,  even a loss would not be terminal regarding the promotion run. 

In any case, ~5400 Wednesday fans will be there, this game means a lot, to SWFC.

8 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

@BetterCallSaul,  I'll skip the politics, but will say that I do like to hear what the opposition-Fans think.  Yes, to us Wednesday Fans this game is a big deal,  but to MK Dons Fans it really isn't,  even a loss would not be terminal regarding the promotion run. 

In any case, ~5400 Wednesday fans will be there, this game means a lot, to SWFC.

100% very much looking forward to it, it’s always good when a big crowd is coming, hopefully we’ll be able to silence you but we’ll see how the game pans out. As I said earlier, the size of this game for us all depends on how Rotherham get on imo, where as for you lot you need the win to match the results from today imo.

• Like 2

Don't hate MK fans. But situation should never have happened as it did. 

The club should have started in none league football and had to earnt their right to get in the football league.

For me the club will always remain false just like the town itself.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@BetterCallSaul

Should luton progress through the play offs and get promoted to the prem would you swap grounds with them. Yours is far too big for you. Kenilworth would be about your level at the minute. 

Luton would need a bigger stadium to accommodate the increase in attendance. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, ANDY said:

@BetterCallSaul

Should luton progress through the play offs and get promoted to the prem would you swap grounds with them. Yours is far too big for you. Kenilworth would be about your level at the minute. 

Ouch lol

39 minutes ago, ANDY said:

@BetterCallSaul

Oof that’s a stinger hahaha you dirty rotter hahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 5