Other clubs forums

Don’t really agree with what happened with Wimbledon and MK Dons.

But don’t think you can blame the fans for that. They had a choice to stick with a team in a new place with a new name or follow a new team with the original name from the very bottom.

10/15 years of pain but now both clubs are in the football league. I think it worked out ok. 

MK fans are just football supporters like anyone else. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Saul, good to have you, you make a lot of sense.

Two big factors in our favour tonight, two in yours. We have the experience and in general I would say our better players are better than your better players, bar the odd one. You certainly work well as a team, but it’s the big players who make the difference in big games, I think that is a tick to us.

Secondly, you will try and attack us. Almost every team doesn’t, sticks in a low block and scraps for set pieces. You won’t do that which plays to our strengths. For this reason, our record against the top 3 is W4L1, including a very flattering 2-1 against you boys, which should have been a good few more. Hopefully, it ends up a basketball match, where I believe we will win.

In your favour, outside of the top 3, our away form is questionable. Sides who defend deep and rattle us, are getting results. And…..we have a tendency to concede a soft goal at the end, so keep believing until the final whistle blows 😀

I am looking forward to a good game and I hope you go up mate. We are in a good place, better than when we played last time, so both teams are in for a very tough night. I’m going 1-3 to Wednesday, with the obligatory late goal, to finish 2-3. All the best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t really agree with what happened with Wimbledon and MK Dons.

But don’t think you can blame the fans for that. They had a choice to stick with a team in a new place with a new name or follow a new team with the original name from the very bottom.

10/15 years of pain but now both clubs are in the football league. I think it worked out ok. 

MK fans are just football supporters like anyone else. 

The Wimbledon fans didn't follow their team when it was uprooted and moved to Milton Keynes, not in any great numbers, at least. Their club was taken from them.

The fans who chose Franchise FC knew full well the horrendous circumstances under which that club came into existence, and made the decision to back them anyway.

I do blame them for that.

If football fans en masse had rejected this project from the start, it would have sent a clear message that the franchise model has no place in British football.

The only Franchise FC supporters I have any sympathy for are those who are young enough not to have been around at the time this all happened, but even then, it's not difficult to do a bit of research and make an informed decision as to whether this is the kind of organisation to which you can continue to lend your support.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Two big factors in our favour tonight, two in yours. We have the experience and in general I would say our better players are better than your better players, bar the odd one. You certainly work well as a team, but it’s the big players who make the difference in big games, I think that is a tick to us.

Secondly, you will try and attack us. Almost every team doesn’t, sticks in a low block and scraps for set pieces. You won’t do that which plays to our strengths. For this reason, our record against the top 3 is W4L1, including a very flattering 2-1 against you boys, which should have been a good few more. Hopefully, it ends up a basketball match, where I believe we will win.

In your favour, outside of the top 3, our away form is questionable. Sides who defend deep and rattle us, are getting results. And…..we have a tendency to concede a soft goal at the end, so keep believing until the final whistle blows 😀

I am looking forward to a good game and I hope you go up mate. We are in a good place, better than when we played last time, so both teams are in for a very tough night. I’m going 1-3 to Wednesday, with the obligatory late goal, to finish 2-3. All the best.

hello pal, this isn’t a dig, genuine question. Why do you think your better players are better than our better players? If that was the case wouldn’t you be higher than us in the table? I think you’re right about experience, we also have one of the youngest teams in the league and I wouldn’t put it past us “bottling it” 

I also think we’re better away than we are at home, but we are 15 unbeaten and have every right to feel confident! Though saying that, I think the occasion might get to us and we’ll lose 2-1. I don’t think we are the sort of team to score lots of goals. 

safe journey down, hopefully it’ll be a great game! 

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The Wimbledon fans didn't follow their team when it was uprooted and moved to Milton Keynes, not in any great numbers, at least. Their club was taken from them.

The fans who chose Franchise FC knew full well the horrendous circumstances under which that club came into existence, and made the decision to back them anyway.

If football fans en masse had rejected this project from the start, it would have sent a clear message that the franchise model has no place in British football.

The only Franchise FC supporters I have any sympathy for are those who are young enough not to have been around at the time this all happened, but even then, it's not difficult to do a bit of research and make an informed decision as to whether this is the kind of organisation to which you can continue to lend your support.

there is so much wrong with this

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Some Wimbledon fans carried on supporting MK Dons.

Don’t think it’s that deep really. New club pops up in new town, people who move to new town start following new football club. 

Painful for the original Wimbledon fans - but they could have gone completely under like Bury. Instead they started again and worked there way back to the football league. If you were a true football fan, that would have been quite the journey to follow right? 

What happened to the original Wimbledon is absolutely nothing to do with football fans. Was out of their hands. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Franchise FC's success since the turn of the year is built upon a stingy defence much more than a free-scoring attack: since the start of January, they've only scored 13 goals at home, compared to our 28; but they've only conceded 5 to our 9. 

If things go to form, then I'm expecting a cagey, tight affair where defensive solidity and concentration will win the day. 

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

You’re telling me a little kid who had no idea what was happening, just that they had a local team. Who builds a bond and supports them for years, should grow up learn about the history, then after years of love and devotion for their club should give it up for things that happened outside of their control? Give over 

Well said mate. MK is a very well run family club. Back in 2003/04 (I think?) when they formed, would you really blame young families in the area deciding to follow the new local football team and having a day out with their sons and daughters?

I wouldn’t. Life’s too short for that type of rubbish. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

You’re telling me a little kid who had no idea what was happening, just that they had a local team. Who builds a bond and supports them for years, should grow up learn about the history, then after years of love and devotion for their club should give it up for things that happened outside of their control? Give over 

You've carried yourself really well on here and articulated your position clearly. Don't get dragged into this.

Hope it's a cracking game, enjoyed by all.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Some Wimbledon fans carried on supporting MK Dons.

Don’t think it’s that deep really. New club pops up in new town, people who move to new town start following new football club. 

Painful for the original Wimbledon fans - but they could have gone completely under like Bury. Instead they started again and worked there way back to the football league. If you were a true football fan, that would have been quite the journey to follow right? 

What happened to the original Wimbledon is absolutely nothing to do with football fans. Was out of their hands. 

The highest estimates I've seen for Wimbledon fans who follow Franchise FC are in the low hundreds. The vast majority of their supporters felt disenfranchised and that their club no longer existed. In fact, worse than that, their club, their history, their league standing, and part of their name had been stolen from them and moved 60 miles up the road.

It may not seem 'that deep really' to you, but it did to many, many football fans in this country.

What happened was out of fans' hands, but supporting and funding Franchise FC isn't. That's on them.

• Like 3

Just now, Ginner said:

You've carried yourself really well on here and articulated your position clearly. Don't get dragged into this.

Hope it's a cracking game, enjoyed by all.

thank you, I hope for the same. As I’ve said a lot, I really like Wednesday and would hope we both go up!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

exactly that, my dad took my brother and I as he wanted us to watch live football. I still have a season ticket with my dad and we go joke and away. 

Freudian slip? 

Edited by ANDY

Think as many people have opinions on. MK franchise and bang the drum about how plastic they are right or wrong it’s a result based business 

attendances and history mean for squat into days game 

we haven’t been in the premier league for over 20 years and for the new generation some now on second generation all they now us as is a league 1 / championship club that in the same way they will always see MK dons as a club that’s always been around whilst they have 

point I’m making that the passion or the disgruntled opinions people may have about MK franchise will get diluted and die out as the generation of the Wimbledon era dies out 

so whether they have an active forum or not we still need to beat them and concentrate on ourselves 

people get caught up on history but history is something you can only look back on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

No, I'm not saying you should; just that this was the decision you made. It's up to you.

Those who were old enough to realise what was happening at the time, I'd have a harder time empathising with, though. 

Honestly, I'd expect any football fan to view the model that was used to transplant Wimbledon 60 miles from the community which built them as abhorrent. But as this thread is showing, some will think it's fine; some won't.

• Like 1