Man of the match & Ratings- Doncaster (A)

Man of the match   

353 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Brennan
    • Johnson
    • Luongo
    • Storey
    • Palmer
    • Hunt
    • Byers
    • Kamberi
    • Sow
    • Bannan
    • Paterson
    • Berahino
    • Gibson

Peacock-Farrell -6 didnt have a great deal to do 

Brennan -6 looked a touch ring rusty, gave the ball away occasionally

Johnson -7 put in a delicious cross without looking to see the box was empty? better 2nd half by a distance

Luongo -8 won tackles used the ball intelligently and dug in under pressure

Storey -9 had a really strong game defensively

Palmer -7 some dashing runs and very steady

Hunt -7 very productive 1st half but busier defensively 2nd

Byers -8 a player I never rated but hes really beginning to grow on me, solid again yesterday

Kamberi -6 looked ineffectual struggled to get into the game

Sow -6 put the one decent chance he had straight at the keeper and another that struggled

Bannan -8 very solid an effective. busy as always, hope he never takes another penalty, took his goal well.

1 hour ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I’ve just watched it back and I think Luongo actually wins the ball and it’s Byers from the side who fouls their lad.

Yeah, I think I'm marking this one down as a Byers foul. It is debatable whether Luongo fouls him, I agree I think he gets a toe on the ball, but not enough to stop the Doncaster player also getting a touch and progressing forward.

It may be that the Donny player would have then gone over Luongo's outstretched leg, but I think Byers comes in from the side and cleans both Doncaster player and Luongo out before we get to find out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I’ve just watched it back and I think Luongo actually wins the ball and it’s Byers from the side who fouls their lad.

That;s not how I see it.

Luongo's sliding with his right foot pointing towards the halfway line.

Doncaster's player pokes the ball towards the goal line just before both Luongo & Byers foul him. Had Luongo won the ball, the ball would've travelled out of the area. 

It's all irrelevant anyway...whether the Donny player was fouled by one or two players, it's a penalty either way!

Another typical Wednesday performance. All lovely interplay around the midfield but no threat at all from the front two in the first half. Well done DM to hook them both at half time. I didn't expect Berahino to be an improvement but he made a massive difference, helping us to keep possession up top and Paterson offered a threat in air that had been completely lacking in the first half. And we've come back from behind. Well done Wednesday reserves.

Peacock-Farrell: 7 Only had one save to make. Confident with his feet

Brennan: 7 - played well but he really should have scored

Storey: 8 - a terrific game, good in the air, calm on the ground, great distribution

Palmer: 7 - played well

Hunt: 7 - played well

Johnson: 8 - Quiet first half, but massive contribution to the win second-half

Luongo: 8 - terrific again, great touch and vision, lots of little 'wins'

Byers: 7 - once again superb first half but quiet second half

Bannan: 8 MoM - just about all our good work comes through him. Works so well with Luongo and Johnson

Kamberi: 4 - Completely ineffective

Sow: 4 - Completely ineffective. Should've buried that header.

Paterson: 7 - Typical Paterson goal, all bravery and determination

Berahino: 8 - I've been very rude about him in the past but he did lots of good things today, not just the goal and the flick down the line but much better hold up play and intelligent distribution. He should start the next match but will he revert to type?

Gibson: 7 - some commanding headers and great work for the goal. Brennan did nothing wrong but I think Gibson will offer more of a threat at set-pieces

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, frastheowl said:

That;s not how I see it.

Luongo's sliding with his right foot pointing towards the halfway line.

Doncaster's player pokes the ball towards the goal line just before both Luongo & Byers foul him. Had Luongo won the ball, the ball would've travelled out of the area. 

It's all irrelevant anyway...whether the Donny player was fouled by one or two players, it's a penalty either way!

Interesting isn’t it, two of us see it the same as me and you the other. It really isn’t clear, except for the fact we all agree it’s an OBVIOUS penalty.

15 sets of ratings in total, thanks to everyone who voted. Berahino has just pipped Johnson and Storey to take the highest rating:

Doncaster Rovers vs SWFC, 19 February 2022

Peacock-Farrell: 7.0

Brennan: 6.5

Storey: 7.9

Palmer: 6.9

Hunt: 6.9

Johnson: 8.10

Luongo: 7.4

Bannan: 7.7

Byers: 7.2

Sow: 5.1

Kamberi: 4.6