Man of the match & Ratings- Doncaster (A)

Man of the match   

353 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Brennan
    • Johnson
    • Luongo
    • Storey
    • Palmer
    • Hunt
    • Byers
    • Kamberi
    • Sow
    • Bannan
    • Paterson
    • Berahino
    • Gibson

21 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Deliciously difficult choice.

I went for Johnson. He was poor first half, but unplayable for the final 30 minutes.

Created all 3 goals and pinpoint crosses to Berahino and Paterson could/should have been 5.

He has a wand of a left foot. 

I have to agree with this.

Johnson was a joy to watch in the 2nd half.

We really need to find a way to get him in the game more often, and in more advanced positions. He is dangerous.

• Like 1

Excellent team performance, and once we were in front we were in total control, what a turnaround that is, and so nice to see.

Bannan MoM for me, yes he missed the penalty, but a captain's performance over 90 minutes.

And Berahino's flick, pure footballing poetry, and what a goal.

We're on our way!

I’ve gone for Berahino. Finally he’s shown something and he really changed the game.

I thought Johnson was poor for the first hour but then finished the game excellently. He has such quality in his deliveries.

Also a shout out to Storey who I thought was solid throughout. What a steady loan signing he is turning out to be.

Johnson for his work in the goals that won us the game, although Luongo and Storey were both excellent again… and after a dodgy first touch of the ball after coming on, Berahino looked like a proper player. Gibson also did well off the bench.

Well done Darren Moore - big call to make those changes at half time but it paid off brilliantly

Very difficult today, do you look at who did well in the first 60 minutes when we couldn't get going or who was most influential at the end when we came to life.

BPF, 7,  one very good save from a deflection did everything else competently.

Brennan 6, got beaten in the air a bit too easily early on and was a bit wayward with his passing but improved as the game progressed.

Storey, 7.5,  Didn't put a foot wrong but he wasn't really up against much of a threat.

Palmer 6.5, usually game from Palmer.

Hunt, 7 always busy down that RHS.

Byers 6.5, Gave away the penalty but played well second half

Bannan, 7.5, had a good game but missed the penalty which could have cost us dearly. Would have been a close call for MOM if not for that.

Luongo, 7, I thought he was quiet first half, better in the second.

Johnson. 8 couldn't get going first half but in the second he was tearing them apart. Unplayable when he's like that and his crosses are spot on.

Sow,  5,  never got going, looked inept at times. He's better than what he showed today.

Kamberi, 4, works hard but lacks basic ball control skills.

Subs.

Patterson, 7.5. I don't like him as a forward but his goal changed the game. I don't doubt his bravery, put his head in twice to score and got kicked in the face while doing it.  Well done.

Berahino,  7.5. Where did that come from, usually looks dreadful but he looked a different class today, took the goal well, held the ball up, played people in, worked the defenders. He took his chance today, deserves a start to see if he can maintain it.

Gibson,  7, not on long enough to score really but he oozes class, made the second, good with the ball, defends well and dishes instructions out to the defence like he's been here years. I just hope he keeps fit, could be a match winner in the play offs.

DM 8, good subs at the right time. 

• Like 1