Cardiff and patto say no.

4 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Just to make sure I've got this right.

Paterson moves from Cardiff to Wednesday, Cardiff still pay part of his wages up until his Cardiff contract would've expired?

Has this ever happened before?

Then to add to that strange situation, Wednesday want to offer an extension to Paterson but still want Cardiff to pay towards a player that has absolutely nothing to do with the club? 

If I've got my head round that properly then that's the strangest thing I've heard. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

As fans we don't normally get to hear about stuff like this, but I've definitely heard of players being paid by 2 clubs before even after a transfer.

I think reggae is pretty well informed on here (despite the typos) I reckon this is true.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, reggae said:

Ffs. Wednesday have asked Cardiff if they will still pay part of wages ( whatever loophole it was when we signed him ) if we extend contract. 

They obvs have said no. 

Are you sure it's not that we forfeit the deal with Cardiff as soon as he puts pen to paper? Rather than us asking to also pay towards the new contract. i.e. Cardiff are obliged to pay some of his wages for the rest of this season, but won't have to (if he signs a new deal tomorrow) as any new contract he signs effectively starts immediately? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Just to make sure I've got this right.

Paterson moves from Cardiff to Wednesday, Cardiff still pay part of his wages up until his Cardiff contract would've expired?

Has this ever happened before?

Then to add to that strange situation, Wednesday want to offer an extension to Paterson but still want Cardiff to pay towards a player that has absolutely nothing to do with the club? 

If I've got my head round that properly then that's the strangest thing I've heard. 

As I know. When he signed from Cardiff we payed nothing. We weren't allowed. 

So as part of the deal we got money towards his monthly salary. ( Couldn't be paid weekly )

So when contract talks got stalled before Xmas. The reason was we wouldn't/ couldn't pay the salary. 

Cardiff were asked if they would pay if contract extension. Of course they said no. 

They have been asked again and again said no 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

I think I get it now. 

Bizarre (at least to us) deals do occur. 

It would also suggest that we are either being very tight, or we don’t have a pot to pee in. 

It means. That certain players are worth £20k a week. And others aren't. 

And that's the huge divide at the minute. 

To me. In league one. No one is worth £20k a week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, reggae said:

It means. That certain players are worth £20k a week. And others aren't. 

And that's the huge divide at the minute. 

To me. In league one. No one is worth £20k a week. 

Have you heard anything about Windass' contract? A well informed friend of a friend reckons his wages double if we get promoted.

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

So the club want to keep him, and don’t want him walking off for free - but can’t match what he wants. 

His Contract expires: Jun 30, 2022 according to a transfer website. 

His contract does expire then. 

And we can extend on same wages now. 

No other clause at all. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, reggae said:

As I know. When he signed from Cardiff we payed nothing. We weren't allowed. 

So as part of the deal we got money towards his monthly salary. ( Couldn't be paid weekly )

So when contract talks got stalled before Xmas. The reason was we wouldn't/ couldn't pay the salary. 

Cardiff were asked if they would pay if contract extension. Of course they said no. 

They have been asked again and again said no 

So by signing an extension, which is effectively a new contract, it voids the original contract, in which part of Paterson's wages are paid by Cardiff, so they wouldn't have to pay any more. 

Surely better off doing a deal in principle between Wednesday and Paterson then when his contract expires the new one is there ready and waiting to take over from this one. Surely there's something he can sign which would do this automatically? A bit like one of them pre contract agreements like Shaw agreed with Celtic.

5 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Have you heard anything about Windass' contract? A well informed friend of a friend reckons his wages double if we get promoted.

I've no idea pal. 

He isn't a huge earner at all and he not a problem regarding that is all I know. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Surely better off doing a deal in principle between Wednesday and Paterson then when his contract expires the new one is there ready and waiting to take over from this one.

Not if Wednesday want to keep him but can’t afford the full wage he wants… he could be off for free. (?) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sambo89 said:

So by signing an extension, which is effectively a new contract, it voids the original contract, in which part of Paterson's wages are paid by Cardiff, so they wouldn't have to pay any more. 

Surely better off doing a deal in principle between Wednesday and Paterson then when his contract expires the new one is there ready and waiting to take over from this one. Surely there's something he can sign which would do this automatically? A bit like one of them pre contract agreements like Shaw agreed with Celtic.

Deal with Cardiff was till end of season 2022 with a one year extension offer .

So signing an extension now won't affect any new deal . Just Cardiff have said no to any future subsidies after 2022

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, reggae said:

So signing an extension now won't affect any new deal . Just Cardiff have said no to any future subsidies after 2022

Why would they though? That's the thing I couldn't understand. 

3 minutes ago, reggae said:

And the one year extension offer was for what exactly? To carry on paying part of his wages but now they've backtracked on that?