Cardiff and patto say no.

10 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

£1.2m a year for an average league 1 footballer is scandalous in my view.

Would you say he’s been worth that weekly wage this season?

No. And neither have the other few that are on more. 

6 hours ago, reggae said:

His wages are £1.2m a year. 

We can afford that easily. 

If we don't extend then I will have no doubt that he will sign a pre contract with any championship club in next few weeks 

He wouldn't be allowed to sign a pre-contract agreement with an English club until a month before his current deal expires, would he?

• Like 1

Guest 123adam789
9 hours ago, reggae said:

As part of his contract a certain amount was agreed to be paid by Cardiff. 

Call it image rights. Or whatever. 

Obvs they won't carry on if signs an extension. 

Patto certainly paints an image. 

This is a brilliant move from DC.

So essentially last season we had situations where other clubs were paying the wages of our players, but we still didn't pay the players including Paterson.  You can get an entire football squad payroll for zero, or even profit from it.  Dave Allen would be in raptures at that sort of planning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paterson reminds me of the kid in a u12s football team who gets an award at the end of the season for best effort.

Can't fault his effort, he's a trier and seems a lively character. A jack of some trades, master of none. 

There is value in a utility player, but for me, those players aren't among the top earners at the club. If that's the deal he wants, then not surprised an extension not yet agreed. 

At the numbers being mentioned, perhaps room in the budget for one utility player, or two non utility standard position players. Notwithstanding players natural positions mean nothing to Moore, in that context I know what I'd prefer. 

• Like 1

In the 18 months he has been here he has not really nailed a position down. Not sure if it is down to the current manager not getting the best out of him but he looked a better player when he first arrived in the division above.

Having said that he is a useful utility player but if he stays his wages need to reflect that he is not a first choice starter.

If he moves on good luck to him as he gave his best.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, reggae said:

Ok. Was worried then. 

Callum is genuine football lad. 

He holds to account the ******** that are in the wednesday dressing room. And puts a shift in every week 

he likes his beer too much to be worth £20k a week. You can only get away with that in the lower leagues.