Cardiff and patto say no.

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

Do you think there’ll be championship clubs queueing up for Pato?

I think he’d be lucky to find a championship club… it’d be a league 1 move or back to Scotland for him 

Vast majority of championship sides would take him.

I mean, Lees and Rhodes got Championship clubs so why not 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

No one in the Championship will be paying Paterson what he’s on here. Just ask Rhodes, Lees and probably Reach. All more than likely took cuts to get moves, especially Lees & Rhodes going to Huddersfield. 

Rhodes and reach nearly had to take a cut. But still on more than any of our highest earners now. 

Lees is on same wages pato is with us 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We do have an automatic one year extension, don't forget.

Which is what reggae will mean with the Cardiff dealings. 

It will be on same wages but Cardiff have nothing to do with it anymore.

Yeah. We’re on the same wavelength… but like we say, if we can’t offer to pay the full whack ourselves (or choose not to) he’ll be out the door for free… and sign a 3 year deal with a basic Championship club - like Rhodes did similar. 

CP is 27 I think - just throwing that out there 

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Vast majority of championship sides would take him.

I mean, Lees and Rhodes got Championship clubs so why not 

Lees is a proven Championship centre half.

Huddersfield took a gamble on Rhodes that they could get him back to the form he showed there in his first spell.

What is Pato? He’s not good enough to be a first choice centre forward in the championship 

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

What is Pato? He’s not good enough to be a first choice centre forward in the championship 

Pato is not a piece that fits our jigsaw - but you’ve seen with Reach that he left, on a free, got a new contract with a Championship club on a decent wage, and is even playing centre back. 

Clubs (who aren’t in a mess) will pay for experienced, squad fillers. 

5 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Lees is a proven Championship centre half.

Huddersfield took a gamble on Rhodes that they could get him back to the form he showed there in his first spell.

I'm guessing we will see in next few days. 

I'm hoping he will stay. 

But can see a move happening.  Maybe derby I reckon. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kopparberg said:

Pato is not a piece that fits our jigsaw - but you’ve seen with Reach that he left, on a free, got a new contract with a Championship club on a decent wage, and is even playing centre back. 

Clubs (who aren’t in a mess) will pay for experienced, squad fillers. 

Reach is a better footballer technically than Paterson though.

I don’t want to sound like I’m knocking Pato too much because he’ll always put a shift in but in terms of pace, touch and technique I’d say he’s lacking a few attributes you’d want from a championship footballer.

Does he even know himself what his best position is?

Reach is a better footballer technically than Paterson though.

I don’t want to sound like I’m knocking Pato too much because he’ll always put a shift in but in terms of pace, touch and technique I’d say he’s lacking a few attributes you’d want from a championship footballer.

Does he even know himself what his best position is?

Target man with someone running off him. 

Or 

Right side of a 4 4 2. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I’d say he’s lacking a few attributes you’d want from a championship footballer

But makes up for it in other ways. Experience, only 27, physical, not injured too much from what I recall. 

Despite what he can/can’t do it’s all pointing to leaving the club on a free… for which we can question SWFC if that happens. 

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

But makes up for it in other ways. Experience, only 27, physical, not injured too much from what I recall. 

Despite what he can/can’t do it’s all pointing to leaving the club on a free… for which we can question SWFC if that happens. 

He wants extension. He wants same as others are paid. 

He is a big part of the dressing room. 

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

I’d be surprised if anyone would pay a fee for him anyway.

He’s never been prolific anywhere, he’s got a championship relegation on his CV and he’s currently part of a team that’s stuttering in mid table in league 1

He’s never been prolific anywhere, he’s got a championship relegation on his CV and he’s currently part of a team that’s stuttering in mid table in league 1

He easily gets a Championship move based on last season performance at that level and previously for Cardiff.

His utility which is often a downside of many players is probably his biggest strength. I don't think any club will be signing him to bang in 20 goals for them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reggae said:

He wants extension. He wants same as others are paid. 

He is a big part of the dressing room. 

I bet he wouldn’t mind an extension at £20k a week…. I don’t agree with the other sentence too (or at least it looks that way from the outside) 

I’m definitely not one of these Pato bashers. He seems a decent guy, he does his best and it is what it is. 

Would I give him £20k a week from the clubs pocket though whilst we’re in the position we are… definitely not. 

6 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

His wages are £1.2m a year. 

We can afford that easily. 

If we don't extend then I will have no doubt that he will sign a pre contract with any championship club in next few weeks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

He easily gets a Championship move based on last season performance at that level and previously for Cardiff.

His utility which is often a downside of many players is probably his biggest strength. I don't think any club will be signing him to bang in 20 goals for them.

Well we’ll see where he ends up next season but I can’t see a host of championship clubs being in for him.

The fact he signed for us even though we’d had a 12 point deduction would indicate he didn’t have any other championship options 

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

That should say I don’t disagree* 

Ok. Was worried then. 

Callum is genuine football lad. 

He holds to account the ******** that are in the wednesday dressing room. And puts a shift in every week 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

Well we’ll see where he ends up next season but I can’t see a host of championship clubs being in for him.

The fact he signed for us even though we’d had a 12 point deduction would indicate he didn’t have any other championship options 

Or maybe he had a contract at good money?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Loads of factors, one being regular game time after being frozen out at Cardiff I'd imagine.

I think it's easy to look at it and say a player has gone down with one club or hasn't set the world alight and therefore won't have any interest without looking into other sides of it.

Take McGoldrick at United, Ipswich fans weren't bothered that he left, he goes to United, ends up their player of the year in a promotion winning side. Loads of our fans said Reach, Lees, Rhodes and others wouldn't get Championship or equivalent level  moves. Most have gone on to do so.

9 minutes ago, reggae said:

His wages are £1.2m a year. 

We can afford that easily. 

If we don't extend then I will have no doubt that he will sign a pre contract with any championship club in next few weeks 

£1.2m a year for an average league 1 footballer is scandalous in my view.

Would you say he’s been worth that weekly wage this season?

• Like 3