So, all injured? Do we believe that?

We had year after year of signing older worn out players at the end of their careers only for them to get injured for months on end. We have changed the profile of players we have signed but are still suffering the same injury nightmare! Obviously we should have signed more CBs than wingers if we’re going to play with three of them but to have Hutchinson, Iorfa, Dunkley, Gibson and Brennan all injured is pretty unfortunate to say the least! God knows where it will end. Back three of Bannan, Corbeanu and Kamberi?

6 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

What is supposed to be wrong with Hutch?

I think he tweaked his achillies in the game against Bolton and went off at half time as a precaution. That was 2 months ago.

In an interview 2 weeks ago Moore said hutchinson was "chomping at the bit to play" but he didn't want to rush him, though he expected him back this year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think he tweaked his achillies in the game against Bolton and went off at half time as a precaution. That was 2 months ago.

In an interview 2 weeks ago Moore said hutchinson was "chomping at the bit to play" but he didn't want to rush him, though he expected him back this year.

Cheers, I missed that update. 

It’s the most consistent aspect of the club...always have the majority out injured...

i do think a lot of it ties in in with the negativity around the club. Players ‘go missing’.

it’s amazing when a club is ‘on the up’ and flying then players remain more readily available.

When Wilder took United from League 1 to Premier they just seemed to be able to name the same 17 man squad, each week, for three years...

We had Matias, Joao, Jones, Boyd, Hooper, Forrestieri, Lee, Lees etc (the list goes on and on) constantly coming back and breaking down again.

18 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

absolutely…he had one dodgy moment from a corner where he flapped but apart from that he looked back to his best. 

to be fair he was probably the Wednesday player who enjoyed himself. 

Where it hit the bar? Sky were being dicks - "Weak clearance". It definitely hit the bar. I think he was hoping it hit the bar and went the other way. He should have just jumped and caught it, or tipped it over. But that's easy to say from my sofa. LOL

18 hours ago, Bagarri said:

It’s the most consistent aspect of the club...always have the majority out injured...

i do think a lot of it ties in in with the negativity around the club. Players ‘go missing’.

it’s amazing when a club is ‘on the up’ and flying then players remain more readily available.

When Wilder took United from League 1 to Premier they just seemed to be able to name the same 17 man squad, each week, for three years...

We had Matias, Joao, Jones, Boyd, Hooper, Forrestieri, Lee, Lees etc (the list goes on and on) constantly coming back and breaking down again.

The reason why we had such a big squad is because Carlos didn't believe that a player could play 2 games in a week.

That's one of the consequences of employing a foreign manager.

Yet that's probably why so much of our squad was redundant all the time.

The problem with player rotation, especially in a cold climate, is that it leads to soft tissue injuries.

Players need playing regularly in cold weather, as cars need running.

• Like 1