Darren Moore as Director of Football

14 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

So what your saying is whatever we do we are scrèwed? I don’t truly believe that. I also reiterate that yes we play long balls but they are after we’ve been pressed and after defences are set. I’m saying long balls, into the channels need to be early to be effective. I don’t mean a punt to nowhere. I mean a ball played into space where the wide players can attack it. At least doing it periodically means opposition can’t feel totally confident to push right up. 
Anyway, you keep asking me stuff and I keep answering. 
What do you think?

How would you set up? 
Are you happy for us to stick to what we are doing?

I've said it loads over different threads.

Drop Gregory, put someone up there who can stretch the defence.

Hutch holding midfield with Denis, Pato in front.

Probably Johnson and Bannan out wide.

The thing is, would I have done that at the start of the season? Not a chance.

We can't find out who can play where without trying it.

11 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

I've said it loads over different threads.

Drop Gregory, put someone up there who can stretch the defence.

Hutch holding midfield with Denis, Pato in front.

Probably Johnson and Bannan out wide.

The thing is, would I have done that at the start of the season? Not a chance.

We can't find out who can play where without trying it.

It makes me laugh when people say ‘I’ve said it over different threads’. What do you think I’m going to do when these sorts of conversations start? Go and look up every thread you’ve ever written to see what your thoughts on every topic are? Blimey, you must either be a politician or a solicitor!

As for the lineup fair enough. I hope Moore try’s it. But I’d bet he won’t!

18 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

It makes me laugh when people say ‘I’ve said it over different threads’. What do you think I’m going to do when these sorts of conversations start? Go and look up every thread you’ve ever written to see what your thoughts on every topic are? Blimey, you must either be a politician or a solicitor!

As for the lineup fair enough. I hope Moore try’s it. But I’d bet he won’t!

To be honest, I just don't want to keep banging on about the same thing on every thread. But there's about 8-9 threads on the front page with the same content, just worded differently.

What I think he'll do is some variation on the below:

Wildsmith

Palmer, Iorfa, Dunkley, Johnson

Hutch, Denis

Bannan, Paterson, Brown

Berahino

The only difference could be Gregory in but if he plays him again, I'll move over to the sack now side. He must have been promised something RE gametime or he should have been dropped 2-3 games ago.

Or one of the left footers for Wing to play next to Hutch, and Adeniran, Paterson, Bannan be the 3. Like it or not, he's not in a strong enough position to drop Bannan.

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

To be honest, I just don't want to keep banging on about the same thing on every thread. But there's about 8-9 threads on the front page with the same content, just worded differently.

What I think he'll do is some variation on the below:

Wildsmith

Palmer, Iorfa, Dunkley, Johnson

Hutch, Denis

Bannan, Paterson, Brown

Berahino

The only difference could be Gregory in but if he plays him again, I'll move over to the sack now side. He must have been promised something RE gametime or he should have been dropped 2-3 games ago.

Or one of the left footers for Wing to play next to Hutch, and Adeniran, Paterson, Bannan be the 3. Like it or not, he's not in a strong enough position to drop Bannan.

As ever, time will reveal all. 
I’m not a betting man but purely based on watching Wednesday for 40+ years I’d bet the wheels fall off for Moore rather than us hitting some form. I genuinely hope I’m wrong. I think Moore has done well to get anyone in to our club at all never mind a decent enough looking set of players. I just have that bad feeling…

17 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

As ever, time will reveal all. 
I’m not a betting man but purely based on watching Wednesday for 40+ years I’d bet the wheels fall off for Moore rather than us hitting some form. I genuinely hope I’m wrong. I think Moore has done well to get anyone in to our club at all never mind a decent enough looking set of players. I just have that bad feeling…

Even if the wheels fall off, we'll have most of a squad who can play 4231. Most of the teams now play it or a slight variation.

Come January, we'll know who can and can't, then we can try to offload/send back and try to find some who can.

The players we bring in will know the formation and tactics and can fit in. We can scout players in the positions of need.

Doesn't matter what we think, 4231 is the tactic of choice, we better get used to it, as even if we get a new manager, unless it's one of the old guard, that's what we'll play.

As for the "Who can replace DM" thread, it's like watching the masked singer, suggesting it's going to be Klopp when we all know it's going to be some unemployed Z lister.

Typical isn’t it. You decide somebody’s not doing a very good job but are worried about sacking  him.

Obvious solution….Promote him to the next salary band.

What a wonderful idea. Do you work in local government by any chance?

21 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

Hutch holding midfield

I stopped reading after that...he's blowing out of his arse after 25 mins...so ends up lunging into tackles and getting injured. When he's playing at the back everything is in front of him so there's no last ditch tackles 

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

I stopped reading after that...he's blowing out of his arse after 25 mins...so ends up lunging into tackles and getting injured. When he's playing at the back everything is in front of him so there's no last ditch tackles 

But when he's playing at the back, who's picking up the second ball?

It started as Byers the first 2 games, then Luongo, then Hutch since then.

It's more about his reading of the game than his work rate. Knowing where the threat is and getting the loose balls.

We're fine on clearing the first ball in, Dunkley and Iorfa are on top of that. It's picking up the clearance that's the issue.

Look at the Oxford game. Dunkley was winning headers then getting it straight back past him as we weren't challenging for the ball. By the second half he'd stopped bothering and just put every header and clearance into row Z.

Hutch isn't a long term solution,  but without him at the minute, we're weak.

Wing is stepping up and trying to learn the role, but it's a big difference to what he's used to and he needs time. 

On 06/10/2021 at 17:50, Willie Henderson said:

It's an interesting thought, he seemed to do a good job assembling a squad with his contacts and no brass.

It just went a bit awry when we actually starting playing football.

Which means one of 2 things:

1 he is tactically inept or

B the players he bought are rubbish

😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 06/10/2021 at 18:21, Mr. Chow said:

Imagine the meeting, you’re sacked but we have another position available for you….. ffs…..

I mean it clearly wouldn’t go like that would it ffs... 

Not the worst shout maybe in the future he would go into it and be decent but for now I’m not sure he’d be interested. 

On 06/10/2021 at 18:39, Siggijonsson said:

It’s a bit early yet, but if things don’t improve what does everyone think to Darren Moore becoming Director of Football instead of manager.  He has a good relationship with the Chairman, he is well connected with other clubs to help get good players in (on the cheap) and is good at getting players to sign. However, he seems to lack tactical knowledge when organising the first team.  Therefore, he would be brilliant as a D. of F. but working with a more tactically astute manager. 

The problem is he does not know how to direct football 😊

• Haha 1