Darren Moore as Director of Football

Don't think it would work. I think he wants to manage. I'd prefer a clean break now, take any emotion out of it and attempt to get someone in who might give us a chance of promotion this season. I think he's already proved he's not going to be that man. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Siggijonsson said:

It’s a bit early yet, but if things don’t improve what does everyone think to Darren Moore becoming Director of Football instead of manager.  He has a good relationship with the Chairman, he is well connected with other clubs to help get good players in (on the cheap) and is good at getting players to sign. However, he seems to lack tactical knowledge when organising the first team.  Therefore, he would be brilliant as a D. of F. but working with a more tactically astute manager. 

I would think a direct of football overseas all footballing matters 

a chief executive for football of some sort 

therefor I’d expect them to be setting the philosophy and for that reason I’m out 

you can stick your tippy tippy out from back up your harris  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I would think a direct of football overseas all footballing matters 

a chief executive for football of some sort 

therefor I’d expect them to be setting the philosophy and for that reason I’m out 

you can stick your tippy tippy out from back up your harris  

If the word, philosophy was mentioned at the interview I boot them out straight away.

39 minutes ago, Siggijonsson said:

It’s a bit early yet, but if things don’t improve what does everyone think to Darren Moore becoming Director of Football instead of manager.  He has a good relationship with the Chairman, he is well connected with other clubs to help get good players in (on the cheap) and is good at getting players to sign. However, he seems to lack tactical knowledge when organising the first team.  Therefore, he would be brilliant as a D. of F. but working with a more tactically astute manager. 

I will reiterate what I wrote in a previous post regarding ‘Director of Football’

It appears highly unlikely that Chansiri will employ a DoF on the grounds that we as supporters have pleaded with him to get a well connected football man in but he flatly refuses. Can’t see him changing his mind now or at any time in the near future. For one he doesn’t like giving out Directorships and paying the sort of money a good DoF would demand.

• Like 1

Directors usually have many years of experience at the level they will then be director of.

We need to stop thinking nice.  If Moore isn't a good enough manager, he sure as poo ain't gonna be a great director and doesn't deserve such a role simply so we can be nice to a nice man.

• Like 1

im more concerned with the here and now. we are alarmingly bad and getting worse. all this need time lark dont wash . the players what he has got in , some will end up leaving by jan 1st , what on earth has sow,kamberi berahino gibson shopido in fact just about all of them these players aint improving anything while some are playing well below standard that could be to do with how we set up? , 95% of us are totally convinced we are going nowhere this season , by end of season all or most of those players will have left and we start again , we aint building nothing . darren have you caught chansiris stubbornness playing out from the back and playing players out of position .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

Don't think it would work. I think he wants to manage. I'd prefer a clean break now, take any emotion out of it and attempt to get someone in who might give us a chance of promotion this season. I think he's already proved he's not going to be that man. 

Ther only 3 people that could get this club promoted this season 

F90CFAF5-2BAB-41D8-989C-0AE82D97BB46.png

D4C4F9D9-3F1F-4B67-BFDF-89DE5029B8FD.png

FF08E052-92C1-4580-B23A-EA10B0953EDE.jpeg

Doesn't a Director Of Football actually determine the tactics and style of play.  Given the dross served up for the last 9 months DM wouldn't be my choice for a DoF role should DC change tack and decide to appoint one.

• Like 1