Our best player over the last 3 years

For the guy saying why aren't the Westwood fans suggesting him I'd guess it's because they are sensible and know it isn't him, but even last season he was still better than the other two options we had. 

Has to be Bannan for the best player, if you are saying over the last 3 seasons. Not that it's a glowing endorsement and there's question marks over his overall effectiveness. I'd like to see the number of appearances per player in that period, there can't be many close to 100 games in 3 years. I'd guess Bannan has played far more games than most in that period.

Best player since we got back to the Championship would be an interesting discussion. 

Most consistent performer over the last 3 years is Dominic Iorfa, had he stayed fit, we would have stayed up with the tight defence, we were poor in midfield and when Fletcher left had nothing up front, so for me it's Iorfa.

Bannan was good when surrounded by better players but when he had to step up last season, he became a defensive midfielder when he should have been playing behind the strikers pulling the string. 1 good game, 4 games when he didn't turn up. 

Hutch did well in his second spell and played every game, but too many poor performing players over the last 2 seasons cost us. Together with a lot of players not stepping up when needed, but if I wasn't getting paid I am not sure I would be going the extra mile for my employer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

For the guy saying why aren't the Westwood fans suggesting him I'd guess it's because they are sensible and know it isn't him, but even last season he was still better than the other two options we had. 

Has to be Bannan for the best player, if you are saying over the last 3 seasons. Not that it's a glowing endorsement and there's question marks over his overall effectiveness. I'd like to see the number of appearances per player in that period, there can't be many close to 100 games in 3 years. I'd guess Bannan has played far more games than most in that period.

Best player since we got back to the Championship would be an interesting discussion. 

I would think Reach, Palmer, Hutch and Bannan has the most appearance and under Monk both Hutch and Reach were messed around with a lot.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Keiren Lee, without a doubt. 

In the last 3 years?

He didn't play for us last season, played 2 games in total in 2018-19 and was good in the second half of 2019-20 but struggled a bit initially when he came back into the side.

A really good player for us throughout his time, brilliant to watch at his best but not our best performer in the last 3 years.

There aren't many stand out candidates but Bannan is clear of everyone of the period in question, his fitness and availability record alone puts nearly everyone else in the squad to shame. 

5 hours ago, Ian said:

Interesting that there’s no shouts for Westwood despite his fan club reckoning he was the best player in the championship never mind for us.

Which of the championship clubs or “2nd choice for a prem club” did he end up at?

It's the last three years. Westwood was wither frozen out or not the keeper he had been previously.  

No1 is Roland Nilsson, No2 is Roland Nilsson, No3 is Roland Nilsson, No4 is Roland Nilsson, No5 is Roland Nilsson, No6 is Roland Nilsson, No7 is Roland Nilsson, No8 is Roland Nilsson, No9 is David Hirst, No10 is Roland Nilsson, No11 is Roland Nilsson ………..

No wait ……

• Love 1

The question needs more context. If we're talking about the best player who has been at the club in the last 3 years it's obviously Forestieri, there's no other logical answer.

But if we're talking about players who have contributed to us the most in the last 3 years, it almost certainly has to be Bannan.

• Like 1