Darren Moore “an opportunity to put it right”

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So Darren Moore says this weekend is an opportunity to make amends for the last performance and put it right

Cue fifteen pages on pedants trying to argue that it's not possible to put it right as it's already happened and impossible to replicate, despite Moore clearly meaning he wants the team to put in a performance that makes up for the one we just saw

lol

Painful reading this I'll be honest

Can we all collectively up our game please and put a bit more intellect into the posts you make (note the 'you' and not a 'we' there) 🤣

Smash the Cheeky Monkeys, nothing less is acceptable.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Losing 3 in a row to Morecambe, Plymouth and Shrewsbury would be very poor. 

Let’s be honest, it would be completely unacceptable. I’ve been light on the result at Plymouth last week, but defeat at home to Shrewsbury to make it 3 in a row isn’t on 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Apart from a group of posters having a meltdown on here I think the fans are behind Moore.

Im fully behind Moore and the squad he has built,  but the jury is still open about his tactical ability to utilise the squad he has built.

2 very different things in management.

I do worry about the latter from what I’ve seen so far

1 minute ago, Quickly Kevin said:

You say talking is easy.

What else should he do at a press conference?

that is the easy bit, we see picture after picture of the squad being happy, pr is easy when things are good, we had a strong start but questions are now being asked and rightly so if we are tactically strong enough.

we have no answers to that question yet.

9 minutes ago, nile said:

that is the easy bit, we see picture after picture of the squad being happy, pr is easy when things are good, we had a strong start but questions are now being asked and rightly so if we are tactically strong enough.

we have no answers to that question yet.

Ah chuck in the shouldnt show players smiling line now.

Carry on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

I like the bloke and want him to get it right.

He's done good business in the summer, but we need a win tomorrow really.

Plymouth result was a real bad one and we need a response.

Fingers crossed.

This ^,  it’s very early days in this season but there’s a slight whiff of Chris Turner about how things are going. Good recruitment but average performances so far.  The Morecambe result could be considered one of those freak things that happen in football after we dominated so much, but Plymouth was awful and worrying. If we don’t see a winning performance today I think the whiff will become a bit more of a worrying stink 

• Like 1

I think he’s missed the point to a degree. We can’t play well every game and we certainly can’t win every game. What we can always do is put a shift in, 100% application and commitment. Fans can forgive the result if they can see the effort. 

I don’t want to see a single performance this season anywhere near that Plymouth debacle. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

I just hope to god we smash Shrewsbury to smithereens this afternoon so we don't have to keep reading any more of the nonsense we have had to read this week where after a bad game our fans want to change the manager, change the starting lineup, change the formation, change the kit and change the way our media team show photos of our players looking positive midweek

lol

Owlstalk Shop