Darren Moore “an opportunity to put it right”

“It really does hurt when we lose games, you want to win, compete, perform. The ideal is to win games and play well while doing so, we want both sides of it. We were disappointed with last week but this is an opportunity to put it right“

“We have had some solid performances but we know there will be bumps in the road. When they come, you have to learn from them and that is the important thing. We feel we are a group and a team where there is so much more to come from us”

“Shrewsbury will feel they haven't got the start they wanted, we have seen some of their games this season and they will feel hard done by with some of the results they have got. It's another hurdle in front of us and we have to perform well”

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

“It really does hurt when we lose games, you want to win, compete, perform. The ideal is to win games and play well while doing so, we want both sides of it. We were disappointed with last week but this is an opportunity to put it right“

“We have had some solid performances but we know there will be bumps in the road. When they come, you have to learn from them and that is the important thing. We feel we are a group and a team where there is so much more to come from us”

“Shrewsbury will feel they haven't got the start they wanted, we have seen some of their games this season and they will feel hard done by with some of the results they have got. It's another hurdle in front of us and we have to perform well”

Putting it right means playing at Plymouth again but well and winning this time..not posible

8 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

I can take defeat in my stride as long as we've competed. I can't take capitulation and lack of motivation. I hope last weeks performance was a kick up the backside for the lot of them and we can put that behind us now. It soon turns toxic if not.

Apart from a group of posters having a meltdown on here I think the fans are behind Moore.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Come on now

Making the point that that game's gone..can't make it right 3 points lost...or not won anyway

Winning tomorrow doesn't make last week right does it?

That's all I meant

4 minutes ago, Andy W said:

Making the point that that game's gone..can't make it right 3 points lost...or not won anyway

Winning tomorrow doesn't make last week right does it?

That's all I meant

Last week happened and its over with.

Just like the 5-1 with Stevenage wasn't right but was forgotten about once we got back on form.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Last week happened and its over with.

Just like the 5-1 with Stevenage wasn't right but was forgotten about once we got back on form.

Exactly my point, last week is gone. Post title is make it right..I was quoting and replying to that ie we cant

I’m looking forward to Saturday. We lost against Plymouth and we played badly, but it’s going to happen more than once this season so no point in melting down about it when it does. Hopefully we will get it right this weekend and enjoy a storming win. I like Moore and I like the squad. I’m just going to enjoy the journey this season and not get either too excited if we do well or too traumatised if we don’t. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So Darren Moore says this weekend is an opportunity to make amends for the last performance and put it right

Cue fifteen pages on pedants trying to argue that it's not possible to put it right as it's already happened and impossible to replicate, despite Moore clearly meaning he wants the team to put in a performance that makes up for the one we just saw

lol

Painful reading this I'll be honest

Can we all collectively up our game please and put a bit more intellect into the posts you make (note the 'you' and not a 'we' there) 🤣

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Bad performances and defeats will happen , of course they will , but what alarmed me more than anything last week was the lack of motivation and intensity , and probably more so , the fact that very little changed after the half time talk.

On paper this looks like the ideal fixture for us to lay down a marker and put in a 90 minute performance.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1