Darren Moore “an opportunity to put it right”

3 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Bad performances and defeats will happen , of course they will , but what alarmed me more than anything last week was the lack of motivation and intensity , and probably more so , the fact that very little changed after the half time talk. 

Agreed

But thankfully this is an opportunity to put it right

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, bobness said:

You'd think we'd killed someone last Saturday

:ghoulguy:

Not as far as I am aware, no. Just commenting on post title

So.many on here get very wound up eh?

I am surprised that our start has been as good as it has, to be honest. The number of key players that have come in and played and played well has been incredible really. We were not sure what had happened against Morecambe. It was all fur coat and no knickers, as my nan used to say. We looked fine and fancy all over the pitch until we got close to the goal. We could have done with bouncing straight back after that, but instead we had to miss a game. We just looked like 11 individuals against Plymouth with very few of them looking like anything other than sub par. Corbeanu looked like he might have an impact, but fluffed his chance with a stupid chest down for their defender. 

This squad has been put together and all the friendlies helped bed a few players in, but building the team takes a lot longer. I always hoped that by October time we would be showing our true pedigree and I still think we will be challenging at the top of the table come May, so I think the Moore knockers should hang their heads in shame. Without him we would be on or close to zero points right now with most new players coming in the last week (most in the last day) of the transfer window, and probably with an average age of 29. I think this is probably the biggest turning point that the club has made since Dave Richards starting massively over paying our older players back in the prem instead of continuing the scouting of top quality young players that got us there in the first place. 

UTO!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Morecombe was a good performance and a bad result 

Plymouth was a poor performance and a bad result 

Thing is that you’re allowed to lose two away games when going for a league title, but losing at home to Shrewsbury? Not so much.  Let’s hope it’s an improved performance and result tomorrow. UTO 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So Darren Moore says this weekend is an opportunity to make amends for the last performance and put it right

Cue fifteen pages on pedants trying to argue that it's not possible to put it right as it's already happened and impossible to replicate, despite Moore clearly meaning he wants the team to put in a performance that makes up for the one we just saw

lol

Painful reading this I'll be honest

Can we all collectively up our game please and put a bit more intellect into the posts you make (note the 'you' and not a 'we' there) 🤣

Not pendants now then? Hanging on every word😁.

I love Mr Moore's approach to football  and see him as the antidote to all the poison that has filled the club over the years since our decline in the prem.

I also think the new guy (forgotten his name) that joined to wipe up all the media mess and really engage with the fans, has had a positive impact too. 

Onwards and upwards now I reckon and about time too. There will always be games that we lose and bad performances, but I reckon the overall trend is now upwards and I like it. Really looking forward to tomorrow's game now.

UTO!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Apart from a group of posters having a meltdown on here I think the fans are behind Moore.

I don't think it's a contradiction to be very critical of a team if they perform like they did last week and yet still be supportive of the manager. I fit into this category.

You would think Shrewsbury are the ideal team to play ATM but I remember last season people thought that when we had a nice run of fixtures against Rotherham,  Luton and Wycombe and we know how that turned out.

Fingers crossed, we need the win.  UTO.

• Like 2

Owls hunt and eat Shrews.   Our pent up anger and desire for opportunities will surely put Shrews on the endangered list.

This match has the hallmarks of a  wildlife crime where even the Faroe Islanders look on in horror.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NobbyStyle said:

“Compete, perform” DM’s words.

He also said last week that he told the players “let’s not believe the hype”

I predict a thrashing of Shrewsbury tomorrow.

No more of the hype please, it’s a slog this L1

We can win games AND hype it up and enjoy it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Being optimistic by nature I’m thinking we won’t be playing at Plymouth again……unless they get promoted with us.

👍

5 hours ago, Kelfin Platz said:

I can take defeat in my stride as long as we've competed. I can't take capitulation and lack of motivation. I hope last weeks performance was a kick up the backside for the lot of them and we can put that behind us now. It soon turns toxic if not.

Didn’t see capitulation or a lack of motivation at Plymouth. Every time we lose doesn’t mean we don’t try.
Last week the selection was wrong. We had 3 ball playing midfielders against 4 and sometimes 5 opposites who had more pace and power. We didn’t / couldn’t make the tactical changes necessary. Moore was out thought. Can happen to any manager e.g. Pep in the CL final. 

• Like 1