Not paying wages contributed to relegation

Guest Grandad
13 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

But players don’t get paid their wages through limited companies

it’s paid through paye

Yes but apart from the facts...

Edited by Grandad

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

100% the wages issue damaged our hopes of staying up. 

No look at the table, it was the 6 point deduction , a fact no one can deny. This shower ironically got enough points, but DC took them away.

Guest whowantstoberich
1 hour ago, ruscol85 said:

Can people stop using this excuse about footballers having stacks of cash laying around to compensate for their club not paying them on time. Read that back. Its ludicrous!!! 

Then think about their potential outgoings a month (here’s a really indulgent list but every bit possible)

- mortgage on the mansion

- mortgages on othe property

- multiple high end car payments

- cost of running said high end cars

- cost of running said mansion

- investments

- staff looking after all of the above

- missuses credit card

- mistresses credit card

- agents fees

- private school fees

- etc etc etc

its barmy to think what these players are spending in an average month. And don’t tell me they should be more careful with their money and save some. They sign a contract, from that contract they know what theyre earning and for how long. Its entirely their decision how to spend their money just as its my decision to ******** my wages up the wall if i so choose (and sometimes do)

Yes, it a bit wanky that they seemed to lack effort, but i tell you what if id failed to be paid id only be half arsing it as well

My heart bleeds 

Guest Hornsby
6 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

My heart bleeds 

Club will if Baz and Josh join another team on freebies.

Which they can do, now Chansiri breached their employment contract.

Their agents / Windys Dad already in press touting em around.

Edited by Hornsby

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, Hornsby said:

Club will if Baz and Josh join anothervteam on freebie.

If Baz was so upset by this experience why did he sign a new contract ?

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, whowantstoberich said:

If Baz was so upset by this experience why did he sign a new contract ?

Establish base salary of £30,000 a week.

Now go to Brentford etc saying no need to pay a fee for me, owed a freebie.

Gimme £40,000 a week for 4 years, splitting saving. 

Keerrr ching.

1 hour ago, Gbear1867 said:

It frazzles my brain that some fans STILL refuse to acknowledge the cause and effect of not being paid correctly and its effect on performances. 

Are people genuinely that desperate to prop up this chairman that they'll just ignore common sense?

YES

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

57 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

This has absolutely no relevance to my post whatsoever. 

A pitch is irrelevant if you can't afford players to play on it. Just because we are renewing the pitch is not evidence that the club is in serious financial trouble.

14 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Club will if Baz and Josh join another team on freebies.

Itll be fine - we'll have team full of youth team players and the 21/22 season equivalent of Kachunga* and all the people complaining that the players are just fat cats who can suck it up will wonder why were heading towards league 2. Like I say, it'll be fine😁

*Didnt mean to pick on old Elias,  could have been any 1 from 10

Guest Hornsby

It frazzles my brain that some fans STILL refuse to acknowledge the cause and effect of not being paid correctly and its effect on performances. 

Are people genuinely that desperate to prop up this chairman that they'll just ignore common sense?

Remember, high profile ones on social media are not fans but PR people paid by club, who fans fund.

We are paying them to argue against us.

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Remember, high profile ones on social media are not fans but PR people paid by club, who fans fund.

So, our money pays for something in the end 🙄

Would be funny if it wasn't true, desperate times...

8 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Wow spooks and double agents on owlstalk. I think its anyone whose first name begins with Ñ. 😀

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Wow spooks and double agents on owlstalk. I think its anyone whose first name begins with Ñ. 😀

Is that username or real life name?

Errr... asking for a friend

No one is 'propping up' the Chairman,and its wrong to charecterise those who have a different view as such,in my view.What people are doing rather is to not only critique the Chairman,but also the players..thats all,many of whom are millionaires and can easily absorb a short wait for their guaranteed,nailed on money

Edited by parajack

1 hour ago, ruscol85 said:

Can people stop using this excuse about footballers having stacks of cash laying around to compensate for their club not paying them on time. Read that back. Its ludicrous!!! 

Then think about their potential outgoings a month (here’s a really indulgent list but every bit possible)

- mortgage on the mansion

- mortgages on othe property

- multiple high end car payments

- cost of running said high end cars

- cost of running said mansion

- investments

- staff looking after all of the above

- missuses credit card

- mistresses credit card

- agents fees

- private school fees

- etc etc etc

its barmy to think what these players are spending in an average month. And don’t tell me they should be more careful with their money and save some. They sign a contract, from that contract they know what theyre earning and for how long. Its entirely their decision how to spend their money just as its my decision to ******** my wages up the wall if i so choose (and sometimes do)

Yes, it a bit wanky that they seemed to lack effort, but i tell you what if id failed to be paid id only be half arsing it as well

Stop making excuses for them,have you had a look at what people on min wage,furloughed on 80% of their pay for a year have had to deal with,you think they dont have  mortgages,cars on finance,nursery fee's hire purchase,etc etc??....Or those made redundant almost 3 million? How many millionaires have been running out on that pitch wearing our colors?

1 hour ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

also gave an example where specific footballers were being looked at in relation to 'loans' presumably from the Ltd Companys set up for their football wages,and income

————————-/

but players don’t get paid their wages through limited companies.

it’s paid through paye

Not getting it are you?  its how the 'cake' is cut....thats what HMRC is looking at....heres another ref  https://www.itv.com/news/2019-01-21/record-number-of-footballers-under-investigation-by-hmrc-over-tax-avoidance  if you as an example take a very small % of your overall income as wages  on PAYE from the Club,but another larger chunk of money legitimatly paid for things like image rights,you can than take a tax free directors loan from your company,which in theory, you should pay back but in practice,rarely is..up to this point,perfectly legal,but now as you can see being argued by HMRC amongst other areas,they want image rights changing to 'employee' payments,nd thus presumably falling under PAYE

Again this is a general football area,i claim no knowledge of individual SWFC players finances.or if any of this applys to them.