Not paying wages contributed to relegation

2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Did they get paid, are they getting paid. We need clarity. All these rumours but no one inside the club has spoken. Derby apparently had same problem, again rumoured to be the case. 

Don't worry about it - as others have suggested: it doesn't really matter, as the players are well-paid, anyway. What's a few months' wages to them, eh?

The fact that it's most likely helped contribute to our relegation, will make us highly unappealing to any but the most desperate prospective signings, and could hint at much bigger issues behind the scenes, is neither here nor there.

Forget about it all...but don't forget to buy the new shirt when it's released. £90, pro-fit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

I’m talking about the playing surface..the pitch.. in response to some one saying we won’t be playing there next season. 

I know but if we can't pay wages then we 

Wont have players. People keep saying players not paid, if true then we are stuffed. If not then someone is spreading bile. Just need clarification, it will help with recruitment if its not entirely true. Its the silence from DC on the matter, i find suspicious.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The unpaid player wages saga is bound to have affected morale and contributed to Sheffield Wednesday's plight, according to former Owls defender Jon Newsome.

It is understood some Wednesday players are still awaiting their salaries in full for March and April.

Newsome told Yorkshire Live: "I think it has a massive affect on you as a player. You go into the club and word gets around that you're not getting your wages.

"It is going to have a massive affect on morale and it has happened three or four times.

A report in The Telegraph suggested that the Owls' squad did not receive their latest pay packets prior to their penultimate clash of the season against Nottingham Forest.

Newsome said: "Is this club sustainable?

"I am led to believe that a drop into League One hits you financially in the region of £8m and Wednesday are a football club with a turnover of approximately £18m to £20m - that is all of a sudden nearly 50 per cent of your turnover gone out of the window.

"If you have got £2.5m to pay (in rent) just to play at your own football ground (every year) going out of the door, that might be 25 per cent of your turnover to play matches at your home stadium.

Full Article 👉 https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-alarming-financial-concern-20607593.amp

Always had a problem with the words "Affect" and "Effect", it's had a huge effect affect effect over my grammer grammar

for years  thank's for clearing that up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Will be even worse than that. That sounds like it’s on a 25 year mortgage. A footballer wouldn’t get a 25 year mortgage because their earnings will reduce (fall off a cliff) during the term 

They would probably get a 5 year one or whatever the length of their contract is. And that sort of payment is more like £35k a month 

Spot on fella, 25 yr, minimum deposit

Going from personal experience of trying to buy a house out here in Bethnal Green where all the decentish 2/3 bedroom places are around about that price 

Might have to look at Walthamstow or even further out at this rate 😭

34 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

Mate footballers can be paid as ltd companies,and take a Monthly/yearly dividend,take the majority of their wages as 'directors loans.
—————-

do you know that’s true or just made it up.

Dont be silly,try engaging your brain,before you post...As it happens someone on here flagged up a certain very well known footballers finances from companys house,i dont know how to find the post,or i would cut and paste it..  Here are generic examples,and one specific to football:

https://news.sky.com/story/tax-affairs-of-246-professional-footballers-investigated-by-hmrc-12046380

Why are football players allowed to take out loans?

And players can take out loans from their companies where they only pay 2% tax on the sum because it is regarded as a benefit in kind. Investigations by the Sunday Times showed the £200,000-a-week Rooney, Barry and Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge took advantage of this tax loophole.(sic)

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/jun/22/tax-avoidance-loophole

Now have you learned anything?  i doubt it...

Guest Grandad

Damn those players for not giving their all for a Chairman who hadn't paid them their wages, nor discussed new contracts with them

Guest Grandad
12 minutes ago, parajack said:

Dont be silly,try engaging your brain,before you post...As it happens someone on here flagged up a certain very well known footballers finances from companys house,i dont know how to find the post,or i would cut and paste it..  Here are generic examples,and one specific to football:

https://news.sky.com/story/tax-affairs-of-246-professional-footballers-investigated-by-hmrc-12046380

Why are football players allowed to take out loans?

And players can take out loans from their companies where they only pay 2% tax on the sum because it is regarded as a benefit in kind. Investigations by the Sunday Times showed the £200,000-a-week Rooney, Barry and Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge took advantage of this tax loophole.(sic)

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/jun/22/tax-avoidance-loophole

Now have you learned anything?  i doubt it...

Youve literally posted a link to an article saying that 246 (high profile Premiership) footballers are having their tax affairs investugated by HMRC because they are having their image rights paid to a Limited Company to reduce their tax liability.

The article you quoted even says

While a player’s wage, in the Premier League and Championship, will be levied with a 45% income tax charge, image rights are taxed at the 19% corporation tax rate, making it a far more lucrative mode of payment for the player.

Guest Andy W
3 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

But it has definitely had an effect. 

Non payment of wages must have an affect...plus the fact they have been, are and always will be crap players

2 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

If players still haven’t been paid in full for March - it’s now middle of May - you don’t need to be Peter Jones or any of the other Dragons to realise that we are in big financial trouble.

Even a naive and clueless businessman such as DC must have surely realised the effect on performance that not paying wages must have, so I’m concluding the piggy bank is virtually now empty

No because he stopped paying wages with his other business too, but most of them didn't have an employee????🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Maybe it did,but the Q i have argued is should it have?? There are other comparisons in our sport where it didnt,and heres one from snooker

Last nights telly, ,snooker legends highlighted the than World Champion Alex (Hurricane) Higgins & Jimmy White contracted to a UK wide tour,whilst at their peak.Promoter ran off with the money which had already been paid......

Both players continued the tour because they didnt want to let the fans down,receiving no prize money or wages at all.and paying out of their own pocket to continue the tour.

Tour was discontinued at a later stage for other unknown reasons....80s standards,both Professional players & one a World Champion at the time,prepared to put the fans FIRST despite being****ed over...

All about honour...and doing whats right,at the right time,for the right reasons....in my view....

yep.....were snookered alright jack! ;-)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Youve literally posted a link to an article saying that 246 (high profile Premiership) footballers are having their tax affairs investugated by HMRC because they are having their image rights paid to a Limited Company to reduce their tax liability.

The article you quoted even says

I bet Callum Paterson's image rights aren't the most lucrative part of his contract.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

What's Newsome know?

He's a  detractor of our club and should keep his unfounded opinions to himself.

Anyone who still supports Dejphon Chansiri is a hundred times more of a 'detractor of our club' than Neil Warnock.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

I bet Callum Paterson's image rights aren't the most lucrative part of his contract.

SMOKE WOODBINES..

image.png.4862e97e06b73732ab1229e7b2dfb216.png