Not paying wages contributed to relegation

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

7k a month

Players earning £7k a week were paid for 1 week in that month.

And they would still have paid tax and NI on their full wages. And be sent a proportion of it.

Players will have financial commitments. Pensions. Mortgages. Credit agreements. Investments.

If I was on £20k a week I'd be living accordingly (especially as a young man) - to be sent (in some cases) 10% of my wages would have really dropped me in the crap. Would I be busting a gut to keep my employer out of the crap? Would I hell.

And if you're honest - neither would you.

(Especially if that same employer had made it clear I wasn't even going to be offered a new contract in just a few weeks)

Last performance against Derby says different 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Anyone who still supports Dejphon Chansiri is a hundred times more of a 'detractor of our club' than Neil Warnock.

OK Smart arsé...at any point does that say who I do or don't support?... No?... didn't think so. So why don''t you keep your uninformed opinions to yourself.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

OK Smart arsé...at any point does that say who I do or don't support?... No?... didn't think so. So why don''t you keep your uninformed opinions to yourself.

lol

• Haha 1

Can people stop using this excuse about footballers having stacks of cash laying around to compensate for their club not paying them on time. Read that back. Its ludicrous!!! 

Then think about their potential outgoings a month (here’s a really indulgent list but every bit possible)

- mortgage on the mansion

- mortgages on othe property

- multiple high end car payments

- cost of running said high end cars

- cost of running said mansion

- investments

- staff looking after all of the above

- missuses credit card

- mistresses credit card

- agents fees

- private school fees

- etc etc etc

its barmy to think what these players are spending in an average month. And don’t tell me they should be more careful with their money and save some. They sign a contract, from that contract they know what theyre earning and for how long. Its entirely their decision how to spend their money just as its my decision to ******** my wages up the wall if i so choose (and sometimes do)

Yes, it a bit wanky that they seemed to lack effort, but i tell you what if id failed to be paid id only be half arsing it as well

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

He's got to find £6.5m to pay off his loan shark. An extra £5m to fund the commercial losses due to relegation. Another £6m plus to fund our wages until the end of June (Inc those who haven't been paid yet).

And potentially another £10m plus to cover gate receipts for next year because people will carry over season tickets.

That's before he's paid a monthly wage bill next season, which hopefully will be down to £2m a month from the £3.75m a month or was before.

Next season could easily cost him £40m plus.

I really wouldn't want to be him.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer person. Hope he ends up bankrupt and homeless like he’s made our club. 

He’s a despicable character. 

• Like 1

It frazzles my brain that some fans STILL refuse to acknowledge the cause and effect of not being paid correctly and its effect on performances. 

Are people genuinely that desperate to prop up this chairman that they'll just ignore common sense?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

What with the points deduction, constantly changing managers and repeatedly not paying the players on time, Dejphon Chansiri has undermined the clubs attempts to avoid relegation at every possible opportunity.

The guy is an idiot.

Going into such a big match against Forest, the players not getting paid was the last thing we needed.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

I know but if we can't pay wages then we 

Wont have players. People keep saying players not paid, if true then we are stuffed. If not then someone is spreading bile. Just need clarification, it will help with recruitment if its not entirely true. Its the silence from DC on the matter, i find suspicious.

This has absolutely no relevance to my post whatsoever. 

Just another thing to think about. A player on 30k a week earns on average £130k a month

£7k/£130k = just over 5%

someone please have the gall to tell me thats ok. Then tell me its ok if that happens half a dozen times in a couple of years. And finally tell me that you’d just accept it and get on with it. Not a chance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Youve literally posted a link to an article saying that 246 (high profile Premiership) footballers are having their tax affairs investugated by HMRC because they are having their image rights paid to a Limited Company to reduce their tax liability.

The article you quoted even says

Yes as an example of players having varied financial affairs regarding pay!! other than just PAYE,i  dont selectively quote,gave examples across the spectrum...i also gave an example where specific footballers were being looked at in relation to 'loans' presumably from the Ltd Companys set up for their football wages,and income.(couple of posts down to my reply to you i believe)

I DO actually read the refs i embed,strange as it may seem!

2 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Its hard being a football player on £25,000 a week

Yeah and you get people defending them saying they've got used to the lifestyle.

I have to ask during lockdown didn't the players cut down on expenses as pubs, clubs etc closed?

Not that this is a point worthy of consideration as they were only getting their wages late not reduced like many supporters were.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Yeah and you get people defending them saying they've got used to the lifestyle.

I have to ask during lockdown didn't the players cut down on expenses as pubs, clubs etc closed?

Not that this is a point worthy of consideration as they were only getting their wages late not reduced like many supporters were.

As I was saying, frazzles my brain..

4 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Just another thing to think about. A player on 30k a week earns on average £130k a month

£7k/£130k = just over 5%

someone please have the gall to tell me thats ok. Then tell me its ok if that happens half a dozen times in a couple of years. And finally tell me that you’d just accept it and get on with it. Not a chance

CONTEXT!!  Their money was delayed,in a Global pandemic,where millions have had to survive on furlough,for over a Year on 80% of their money.Many others have lost there jobs,and there entire income altogether,with unemployment now reported to be approaching 3 million.

Their money is guaranteed to be paid under the relevant  rules for insolvency,nailed on,no way they can lose out...so no,i could care less that a bunch of probably mainly Millionaires have had to wait for there money.

Any one on 7 grand a month(peanuts eh?) or less received there money in full,so its only those on the higher wages waiting.

IF(big if) i was satisfied that it was beyond the clubs control,temporary,and not the Chairman**** taking,i would have gone out and played my heart out to keep this club in the Championship.

Its a generational thing,about pride,professionalism,and doing the right thing for the real people who matter  THE FANS....    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

£7k/£130k = just over 5%

Its ok...........

Guest Hornsby
4 hours ago, Grandad said:

He's got to find £6.5m to pay off his loan shark. An extra £5m to fund the commercial losses due to relegation. Another £6m plus to fund our wages until the end of June (Inc those who haven't been paid yet).

And potentially another £10m plus to cover gate receipts for next year because people will carry over season tickets.

That's before he's paid a monthly wage bill next season, which hopefully will be down to £2m a month from the £3.75m a month or was before.

Next season could easily cost him £40m plus.

I really wouldn't want to be him.

And this time, no £6 million from Magpies.

Does anyone seriously suggest tax agency getting fully paid?

Known unknown.

also gave an example where specific footballers were being looked at in relation to 'loans' presumably from the Ltd Companys set up for their football wages,and income

————————-/

but players don’t get paid their wages through limited companies.

it’s paid through paye

• Like 1