Not paying wages contributed to relegation

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Agreed...sometimes you just have to admit opinions differ,no right and wrong in opinions,just different views on the same subject....WAWAW

I completely agree opinions differ - but this is about whats fact and what isnt. Nothing to do with an opinion

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

SWFC Commercial income - £6.1m

Maximum amount of image rights payments possible - £915,000.00

SWFC Wages in last accounts - £36m

% of Image rights payable legally - 2.5%

Blimey, average Div 1 total wage bill is £6 million.

That puts our tickets at abour £90,a seat.

2 hours ago, Asio otus said:

A pitch is irrelevant if you can't afford players to play on it. Just because we are renewing the pitch is not evidence that the club is in serious financial trouble.

I never said it was! I said that it hints we will still be playing at hillsborough. In response to somebody who said we will not. 

5 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

I never said it was! I said that it hints we will still be playing at hillsborough. In response to somebody who said we will not. 

Yes i said we may lose our stadium altogether , which given what is happening is sadly very much a possibility.

Not read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been mentioned, but.....

It doesn't matter if the players are on £1,000p/w or £100,000p/w.  No one forced these contracts on SWFC or DC.  We willingly agreed those contracts, and to not honour them is wrong. 

I wouldn't have an issue with a player refusing to play if he wasn't being paid, no matter what his wage was. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Yes i said we may lose our stadium altogether , which given what is happening is sadly very much a possibility.

I think if the club is putting money into a new playing surface we won’t be not playing there this current season. Quite simple really 

1 minute ago, TheSlicer said:

I think if the club is putting money into a new playing surface we won’t be not playing there this current season. Quite simple really 

As long as DC can make the loan repayments against the stadium, that is the big problem.

1 minute ago, Asio otus said:

As long as DC can make the loan repayments against the stadium, that is the big problem.

It’s common knowledge he’s not the sharpest knife in the draw, but I don’t think he would have sanctioned the new pitch if it looked like we would be playing else where. 

he micro manages everything by all accounts so he “should” know. 

I don't doubt that the late payments had a detrimental affect, how can it not?

Especially when this happens a day or two before a game, you are a player, traveling away from your family to do your job and you find out (if you find out or if you have to wait until the money fails to hit your account?) that your employer has withheld some of your money that they agreed to pay you by a specific date. You are going to feel disgruntled, some will feel more aggrieved than others,  some may even think others are actively not trying as hard as a result, it will likely have a negative affect on team morale. 

Even if a player still feels they are giving their all it may have a subconscious affect, it is a negative distraction that they could do without, football at professional levels can often come down to small margins and so doing something that adversely affects the feelings of your players will have a negative impact.  

10 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

It’s common knowledge he’s not the sharpest knife in the draw, but I don’t think he would have sanctioned the new pitch if it looked like we would be playing else where. 

he micro manages everything by all accounts so he “should” know. 

Have no confidence in anything he does, next few weeks will be telling.

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Not getting it are you?....what if said i will pay you 5000 a Year for playing football through the payroll,and 750,000 through your limited company for cleaning my windows....any simpler? 

Might be better if you stick to posting crap about Garry Monk...

2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

YES! the side was past it physically and lost it's only out ball 'fletcher'.

once the m/f and defence sees there's no respite, it's curtains.

then we allowed 'our only out ball' to leave, let nuhiu go too, and didn't fetch a C/F in...

it's staggering that we were still in with a chance with last kicks of the season.

IF what is being reported is correct then relegation will be favourite next term too.

My thoughts too....

The wages issue did have an affect on the players - whether it can be attributable to the performances and subsequent results is difficult to say for sure.

In the end, it shouldn't happen; certainly not without consent. The public damage to the club is also a worry, and our ability to now attract players will inevitably be impaired, which shouldn't be underestimated.

2 hours ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

it’s paid through paye

Not getting it are you?....what if said i will pay you 5000 a Year for playing football through the payroll,and 750,000 through your limited company for cleaning my windows....any simpler?
——————————————

but that’s is not happening.

you can clearly see in the accounts, that’s the players are getting all their wages paid through paye.

it’s black and white 

Just read through the accounts twice, under Employees: total remuneration,pension, costs etc declared are  £42,408(2018) £36,378(2019) including 1 Director 0.00

Players salary's are not annotated under that category in the accounts. also see:

Promotion payments In the event of the club's promotion to the Premier League various contracted amounts will fall due for payment including bonuses to players and staff plus amounts to the loan note holders (£1,336,000) and bank (£750,000) of the Club's previous holding company - Sheffield Wednesday plc. These amounts are not provided for in the accounts and will be charged to the accounts as and when the liability is incurred. The amounts due to the loan note holders and bank arise in the event of promotion on or before 31 May 2021.

Player related matters No provision is included in the financial statements for signing-on fees and loyalty bonuses, as at 31 July 2019, of £4,652,000 (31 July 2018: £5,948,000 ) which would become due to certain players if they are still in the service of the Club on specific future dates. Some player contracts and transfer agreements include clauses that require the Company to pay additional wages or fees if it is promoted to the Premiership during the term of the player's contract. These amounts are less than the additional income that would arise as a result of promotion.

1 hour ago, Baldockowl said:

Slash and burn is needed now

Image rights was an example given,not exclusive!! as soon as any legal tax scheme is ended,by HMRC another is identified by people who can afford flash accountants...Directors loans another.....and so on...

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Let's also be clear: any potential barrier to a professional sportsperson having a clear mind, being fully focussed on their job, and entirely comfortable in their surroundings, needs to be removed if you're going to see the best from them.

When you're going up against other teams who don't have such off-field issues clouding their thoughts, the marginal gains become more apparent.

Is there a way where we can pin this post and it perfectly hits the nail on the head. It says everything I’ve been trying to say on the matter in a much more eloquent way.

In a league of fine margins paying your players on time gives you an edge. 22 other clubs have had that edge over us this season. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Is there a way where we can pin this post and it perfectly hits the nail on the head. It says everything I’ve been trying to say on the matter in a much more eloquent way.

In a league of fine margins paying your players on time gives you an edge. 22 other clubs have had that edge over us this season. 

I wonder what our players thought, the day before the Derby game when Derby released a statement saying Mel Morris will honour  the full £1.2m monthly payment of the players' salary.

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Not read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been mentioned, but.....

It doesn't matter if the players are on £1,000p/w or £100,000p/w.  No one forced these contracts on SWFC or DC.  We willingly agreed those contracts, and to not honour them is wrong. 

I wouldn't have an issue with a player refusing to play if he wasn't being paid, no matter what his wage was. 

I agree but you  have to factor in the Chancer premium that all our players benefited from.

All in footy world know this guy can be mugged for wages way ahead of market rate.

They also know he's a shambles at running a club so always a risk their rewards will run dry.

Wonder if he's playing chicken with those whose contracts end 30 June ?

Maybe he thinks his EFL mates will help him out again. Worrying anyway.

Edited by Hornsby